Early Game Thread

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Refs are making some "interesting" call against the Bucs. Why is it sometime a guy can hit a QB in the head and it is okay, and other times an inadvertent swipes is a 15 yard penalty?

Perhaps their objective is to keep the games close so fans keep watching and advertising revenue keeps rolling in. That could be one reason why the rules are written by lawyers.

NickZepp

Reaction score
PAT misses so it's 16-7. Still likely a 2 score lead at the half.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps their objective is to keep the games close so fans keep watching and advertising revenue keeps rolling in. That could be one reason why the rules are written by lawyers.

Maybe Brady has been getting those calls his whole career and for one game someone else can get those calls.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think they called the penalty because he kept playing without his helmet which you aren't supposed to do.

That was clearly roughing. He hit the QB a few seconds after he released the ball. I was referring to the earlier penalty. Not because I care about Brady but I recall Dak taking a pretty hard hand to the head earlier in the season that wasn't called.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, just woke, needed to sleep a little bit, been up since around at 6 AM
And see TB is losing, just in time to see that fumble. But will they overturn it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like the saints are going to win with there third string qb wow didnt see this coming

Reid1boys

Reaction score
today is another example of how there are no gimmes in the NFL. When people, even in this forum, try to belittle our wins against lessor teams, just look at the Jets today, look at Saints today.

This is why I will not bet on NFL football.

NickZepp

Reaction score
today is another example of how there are no gimmes in the NFL. When people, even in this forum, try to belittle our wins against lessor teams, just look at the Jets today, look at Saints today.

This is why I will not bet on NFL football.
A lot of times if a team plays great a week before the next week they play to the level of their opponents or just play bad. And even if you play bad against bad NFL teams you usually end up losing or in close games. Everyone gets paid in the NFL for a reason.