CFZ Early look at the NFC East-gap is growing smaller

ESisback

Reaction score
Haters vs. Homers….

Mirrors our current societal conflict, but I won’t labels sides, because the censor bots will be activated by truth…

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The only reason the Cowboys don’t win the division is if they have a major injury to Dak, Parsons, Diggs or something similar happens to the offensive line in 2021 when we didn’t have our top 3 offensive linemen for the final 6 games. Dallas actually played a win or go home game against with no offensive line or quarterback. They probably win the East with Dalton at quarterback if the the refs did not rob us against the Steelers.
The Cowboys have unproven players replacing Cooper, Collins and Gregory??? So CeeDee, Steele , Fowler/Armstrong are unproven. CeeDee has superstar potential, Steele played well at right tackle last season and Armstrong/Fowler had more sacks combined then Gregory. Parsons and Diggs was the reason that the defense turned around Gregory was along for the ride. The unproven rookies on the Cowboys? You sound like a talking head. The Cowboys rookies have questions but Davis is the second coming of Reggie White for the Eagles and Dean is a better linebacker then Parsons.o_O:rolleyes:. Every football team gambles in the offseason. I trust the Dak and the Cowboys coaches over anyone in the East until proven otherwise.​
What I was thinking, Tolbert/Washington are replacing Cooper/Wilson, Sam Williams/Armstrong along with Fowler at RE and Steele for Collins.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Eagles sink or swim with the play of Hurts. Whole offense will be built around his legs and their running game. Teams will force them to beat them through the air.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- Cowboys also added a couple of Vets at DE and WR.
- "Two Impact Defensive Rookies"- Really? Ours are assumed garbage though? I will take our chances here.
- Chase Young "stud pass rusher" had 1.5 sacks in 9 games last year. Lost best OL in Scherf and best safety in Landon Collins
-Giants lost Bradbury, Ryan, Engram, Peppers, and W. Hernendez.
I think both Washington/NY will continue to struggle, Philly most definitely added more talent this offseason then Dallas did.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
QB...Did the Eagles get a new QB?
  • The Chris Simms rankings:
    • 9. Dak Prescott (DAL)
    • 19. Carson Wentz (WAS)
    • 21. Daniel Jones (NYG)
    • 25. Jalen Hurts (PHI)
That's that 25,000 question, is Hurts good enough?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
  • The Cowboys have Micah Parsons on defense...the other teams don't...
  • Comparing the 2021 Cowboys roster to the 2022 roster:
  • Cooper:
    • The only real loss. All other positions are either the same or upgraded from last season.
  • Collins:
    • He was not very good last season.
    • He only started a couple of games over Steele because they wanted Steele to focus on LT due to Tyron's ankle injury.
  • Gregory:
    • If Dan Quinn knew that he had this choice, I'm certain he would choose option A:
      • Option A: Sam Williams and Dante Fowler
      • Option B: Gregory
    • Multiple of the local media (sports talk radio and dc.com) say that Sam Williams was Quinn's favorite player in the draft.
  • Penalties:
    • Collins, Gregory and Connor Williams were the top 3 most penalized players.
    • Gregory had more penalties per snap played than anybody on the team.
  • OG:
    • Tyler Smith will be a huge upgrade at LG.
    • The difference in pure physical ability between TS and Connor Williams is drastic.
    • It's like comparing Randy Moss and Cole Beasley.
  • OT:
    • Starters are as good or better than 2021.
    • Backup is the big question mark.
  • OC:
    • Same or better.
  • WR:
    • Lamb had more catches and about 250 more yards last season than Cooper.
    • The games without Gallup are the big question mark.
      • It will be a rotation at the 2nd WR position between James Washington and Jalen Tolbert.
      • Washington is a proven #3 WR type.
      • Tolbert had a high ranking on the Cowboys draft board. They considered drafting him in the 2nd.
      • Slot WR: Pollard likely gets some snaps in the slot. He is the most dynamic athlete on offense and needed more snaps last season.
      • They'll likely use more 2 TE sets while Gallup is out. Ferguson was a better college player than Schultz.
  • TE
    • Schultz returns; therefore, any contributions by Ferguson are a bonus on top of last season.
  • RB:
    • 2023 will be the first season his contract is not guaranteed.
    • They should be more likely to give snaps/carries to Pollard with this likely being Zeke's final season.
  • DT:
    • The biggest question mark position in the minds of many fans.
    • They made it to the playoffs with the same players that remain on the roster.
    • They will be better this season. Gallimore missed most of last season and Odighi was rookie that had to play too many snaps.
    • Bohanna will either be better than last season or Ridgeway will replace him.
  • Safety:
    • The majority of FS snaps last season were played by Kazee.
    • They wanted to limit Hooker because he was returning from a major injury.
    • This season Hooker will be an upgrade over Kazee.
  • CB:
    • They have depth and should only get better.
  • LB:
    • Jabril Cox projects as an upgrade over Neal as the coverage LB with LVE remaining as the base downs LB next to Parsons.
    • They played 40% of snaps last season with 3 Safeties (Big Nickel) which meant Kearse was a hybrid LB on those snaps.
  • DE:
    • Gregory didn't play a huge number of snaps last season.
    • Armstrong played more snaps than Gregory and he returns.
    • With Armstrong as the run downs DE, Sam Williams and Donte Fowler can focus on pass rushing.
    • DLaw only played 7 regular season games in 2021. If he remains relatively healthy, then that's an upgrade for the overall season.
Cowboys still have a very talented roster with room for internal growth. I remember when the Giants here no longer had Barber/Shockey, they were less talented by were a better team. Same could potentially happen with the Cowboys.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes, it seems that Dakko's gimmie days are coming to an end.
Wentz will make a positive difference for D.C. and the Giants esp in N.J. won't be a pushover.
The Eagles will rely on their running attack and better defense this season.
I have us finishing 3rd in the division......
3rd, c'mon, yes I could see them being the runner-up if injuries occur, but they are better then the rest of the division.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah Wentz was pretty blah in Indy. Until he shows he's better than that, I am not sure why people think he's going to elevate the Skins to a whole new level. I am in see it to believe it territory with Wentz.
Think Wentz is done.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Great post. I too worry about the Eagles. But I think Jalen Hurts is absolutely terrible. They may still win a lot of games, but it won't be behind his arm. My main concern is next year when they trade up to get their QB of choice. They go all out, we don't.

A healthy Giants team can be dangerous too. Even last year, before all of the injuries, they gave the Chiefs a run for their money. A totally healthy Giants team will be a problem. I also agree Washington will finish 4th.
Not sold on the Giants, but Eagles have a deep roster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Having talent don't mean squat without a decent quarterback. And that HURTS! :lmao2:
That is the biggest difference right now, either they succeed or look towards the draft next yr finding his replacement.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What team is going to give up a starting caliber QB?

The Stafford trade was rare and expensive in draft capital.

Teams that see themselves as contenders wouldn't trade away a starting QB.
I think the Eagles will be drafting their franchise QB in next year's draft when they determine Hurts isn't their guy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think Davis is a boom or bust player. I am leaning boom with him because of his measurables. But in college he was sitting on the bench a lot taking a breather. Can they depend on him in crunch time to be 100% ready to give 100%. If the answer is yes, his upside is through the roof.

I am not as convinced Dean and Jurgens will be the players to match their hype. Usually when players fall as far as Dean there is some reason. Usually. Maybe Dean is the exception but I am not ready to anoint him.

Before the combine Jurgens was not that highly rated. He put on a decent show at the combine and shot up some boards, but beware those workout warriors.
I think Tyler Smith can handle his power, let's see when the Cowboys run the no huddle if Davis can hold up.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL.

So basically everyone we added fills in as well or better than the guy he replaced?

The Eagles made massive additions in the offseason to fix spots. We did not. They needed pass rush help and added a legitimate edge rusher, one of the best in FA. They needed a WR opposite Smith and added arguably a Top 10 WR in a trade.

The gap has closed. The only people that can't see that are the homers. Jerry and his son continue to ignore FA and it costs them. It may cost them in 2022.

Steele outplayed Collins last season, did he not? Williams was a penalty machine was he not? Gregory had 6 sacks Armstrong had 5 did he not? Then you've added Fowler and have Parsons, are you not calling those spots upgrades other than Lamb over Cooper( remember Lamb outplayed Coop last season)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What I was thinking, Tolbert/Washington are replacing Cooper/Wilson, Sam Williams/Armstrong along with Fowler at RE and Steele for Collins.
I understand your concerns but let’s be real Cooper is not the guy we traded for in 2018, we have discussed Collins at length, and Gregory should have been gone years ago. I trust the scouts and Quinn more the most. It’s not about Cooper and Wilson. Let’s see what happens with more balls going to CeeDee, Shultz and Pollard. The Cowboys have plenty of weapons. The Cowboys will win the East if healthy. Fish all but guarantees the Cowboys will be 0-2 after home games against Tampa and Cincinnati. I remember he thought the Washington Football team was going to a problem with Fitzmagic as well.