Early Nineties Cowboys & Micah Parsons

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's nice when you meet these guys and they turn out to be regular folk.....I had a similar incident with John Dutton....he came over to my table and brought a pitcher of beer and two mugs....we were in South Padre Island....we ran into Michael Irvin at the Riverwalk..he had a couple of body guards....one of my assistants asked to meet him, when Michael found out we were football coaches, he invited us into his VIP section.......we need to start an off topic to share all if the stories we have as fans. Salud!
Living in Dallas I've crossed paths with many Pro Athletes and coaches/owners.
- I've never in the history of ever asked for an autograph.

For some reason on multiple occasions we've had seats just a few seats away from Moose and Stepnoski for Mavs & Stars games and concerts.
- Maybe it's because I tend to spend the money for good seats.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For some reason on multiple occasions we've had seats just a few seats away from Moose and Stepnoski for Mavs & Stars games and concerts.
I met most of these guys at clinics or when they held camps for me. I was on the field for a camp in Austin back in the 90s...spend a little time talking with Jerry....he's a cool guy....that's probably why I defend him so much around here.

jnday

Reaction score
For the younger generation here at CZ I just wanted tell some 'war stories'.

In the early nineties the Cowboys had multiple players that could be featured on youtube videos completely dominating much like the videos of Micah Parsons.

• Emmitt: Juked defenders out of their jock on a routine basis.
  • Aikman: Probably the most accurate QB in history.
    • To his WRs "Do you like the ball at the top, middle or bottom of your Jersey number...
  • Irvin: Perfect route running and bullied DBs.
  • Erik Williams: Pre car-wreck as good or better than any OT ever. Mean & nasty.
  • Charles Haley: Has 5 Super Bowl rings. NFC player of the year twice in his career.
  • Darren Woodson: The team was so stacked in 92 that he only started 2 games.
    • He could play any position from Nickel CB to LB.
  • Ken Norton Jr: The best Cowboys LB (non 3-4 OLB) since 93 until Parsons arrived.
  • Larry Allen: Only Super Bowl was 95 but un-disputed most dominant OG ever.
  • Daryl Johnston: His picture is probably in the dictionary next to the word Fullback.
  • They had backups that were better than most Cowboys starters from the past 2 decades.
    • Leon Lett: Aaron Donald type quickness on a 6-6 300+ frame.
    • Chad Hennings: Reported to have benched 600 pounds. Brick wall vs the run.
    • Jimmie Jones: Would be a starter on this year's team.
    • Jim Jeffcoat: A backup in 92 & 93. Has 102.5 career sacks.
I have seen where fans was trying to compare this year’s team with those 90s teams. It is laughable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen where fans was trying to compare this year’s team with those 90s teams. It is laughable.

Free agency has made it unlikely to see that much talent on the same roster again.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I watched game between the Boys & Eagles in which Eric Williams literally beat up REGGIE WHITE soooooooooooo bad that white took himself out of the game and watched in horror from the sidelines. Eric William was a fricking BEAST at RT! I miss those days.................

Verdict

Reaction score
The only wa
Free agency has made it unlikely to see that much talent on the same roster again.
The only way to get there would be to hit on a lot of draft picks and get some late blooming free agents who played lights out for you on cheap contracts.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

I've never met a Cowboy player but have met a few famous actors. I'm the same way with autographs and they've always seemed relieved that I didn't ask for one or get weird. Back when they trained at St. Edwards, I saw a bunch of the Cowboy players at the Yellow Rose in Austin. I think it was mostly the offensive linemen, but I left them alone despite my internal fanboying. Their attention was elsewhere.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

In the early nineties the Cowboys had multiple players that could be featured on youtube videos completely dominating much like the videos of Micah Parsons.

• To his WRs "Do you like the ball at the top, middle or bottom of your Jersey number...
  • Erik Williams: Pre car-wreck as good or better than any OT ever. Mean & nasty.
  • Charles Haley: Has 5 Super Bowl rings. NFC player of the year twice in his career.
  • Ken Norton Jr: The best Cowboys LB (non 3-4 OLB) since 93 until Parsons arrived.
  • Daryl Johnston: His picture is probably in the dictionary next to the word Fullback.
  • They had backups that were better than most Cowboys starters from the past 2 decades.
Nice history lesson, but I don't think today's kids care.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
You can't even compare SB championship teams post free agency to those 90s teams....no comparison...
It's weird for me. The spoiled kid in me wants those pre salary cap teams but I recognize the fairness that system creates. I really want to see what the league looks like post Tom Brady's deal with the devil. Sick of it. If he's winning Super Bowls at 50+ years old, I am out.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Loved those teams and all those players mentioned. I still enjoyed watching Isaac Holt, Thomas Everett when he came over from the Steelers.