Early Sunday Game Thread

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get this desire by some of the pro-Dak fans to try to justify Dak's suspect play at times by trying to point out how bad this guy or that guy looked at one point or during one game.

Hurts sucking today doesn't suddenly change the reality that Dak probably isn't good enough.
It’s just because those guys are continuously used as the bar to which the Dallas QB should be measured against,

It’s a never ending cycle of nonsense by both sides.

Can’t say that Dak sucks because Mr. Irrelevant and the genius 2nd round Philadelphia pick are better and then not expect Dak suporters to clap back when those QBs have terrible games.

Were Hurts or Purdy any better than Dak was last week? No, but that’s why the debate never seems to end. There’s always someone out there playing better or playing worse on any given Sunday

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I enjoy close football games. Losing isn’t ever as good as winning, but it always has context. What’s the worst thing that happened today? We went from runaway #1 overall seed to not runaway #1 overall seed?

Guess I’ll have to settle for 16-1
And you lost Johnson .

Motorola

Reaction score
Some people just can’t enjoy anything without commenting on our QB….lol
You opined on those QBs playing substandard.
SF and PHL losing today ---DAL (and Prescott) need to get a win tomorrow night to close the gap to one game in the NFC top spot.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wow……nice job trying to get out of this.

Have you never seen someone run or ride into a stationary object because they WEREN'T LOOKING and get injured?…….like I said, the Jets player established position and legally blocked a player who didn’t look where he was going.

It was NOT forcible and that’s my beef with the call……just like you , the ref won’t admit his faulty judgement

Maybe one day someone will T- Bone your parked car and claim, “ It’s not my fault, I was too busy looking at my phone to notice where I was driving”

Dude, with all due respect…just admit it was a bad call.
If it wasn't forcible then all he had to do was stand there or merely brace for the impact. He didn't. He approached him going backwards TOWARDS HIS OWN END ZONE to find him, threw a forcible block being parallel or moving away towards his own end zone. Can't do that BY RULE. That's what we're discussing. The rule. The block knocked the player out for the game with bruised ribs. But yeah, wasn't forcible. Here's the play below in case you forgot. Did Lazard move backward and throw a block with his shoulder or just stand there as a "stationary object" like you said? At 0:35 below.

Take your own advice. Just admit you were wrong. Again, video convicts the whiners. Lol.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If it wasn't forcible then all he had to do was stand there or merely brace for the impact. He didn't. He approached him going backwards TOWARDS HIS OWN END ZONE to find him, threw a forcible block being parallel or moving away towards his own end zone. Can't do that BY RULE. That's what we're discussing. The rule. The block knocked the player out for the game with bruised ribs. But yeah, wasn't forcible. Here's the play below in case you forgot. Did Lazard move backward and throw a block with his shoulder or just stand there as a "stationary object" like you said? At 0:35 below.

Take your own advice. Just admit you were wrong. Again, video convicts the whiners. Lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Pretty much. Same thing happened to Minshew last year when Lane missed time, and to Wentz his rookie year

PFF Oline grades since the Eagles drafted Lane Johnson:

2023 - 1st

2022 - 1st

2021 - 4th

2020 - 10th

2019 - 1st

2018 - 5th

2017 - 1st

2016 - 7th

2015 - 10th

2014 - 2nd

2013 - 1st

Kelce gets all the attention, but he’s not our best lineman

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
I came across this bizarre stat while watching games today:

The Rams with Stafford at QB have scored on 49 straight trips to the redzone.

Just some weird trivia

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't heard. Would you mind also replaying "the catch" while you are at it? :D
Do not remind me about 'The Catch'. :muttley: It brings back a very sad memory. :(

No. I will throw that out each year as a reminder to all the 17-0 folks, whether they are Cowboys fans or not. Unbeaten is not going to happen again. The league is too parity driven.

I said the exact same thing during the 2007 season too, right here, on CowboysZone. Of course, it did not stick until the Super Bowl game itself but it held true nonetheless.

Almost no one wants their favorite team to lose. Ever. However, losing one game is preferred during the regular season than the postseason. There are no second chances during a playoff run. ;)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes and no - I dont trust Wilson with a first and goal from the 1 - the guy is an idiot.

I go with the strength of their team - thats the D.

But yes the correct call is to go down and make the eagles use TOs.
Even a FG would've won the game if they didn't give the ball back. But maybe they didn't trust their kicker either. Oh well.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well Mr. smart guy on the Bills had to get stupid and give the giants a 1st down with his head butt. Geesh SMH.