ECU's Chris Johnson Named 1st Team All-America

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
TheCount;2034830 said:
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Then you need to stop reading because several articles compare him to Westbrook and one former GM compared his return ability to Hester. Now what I find ridiculous is that its obvious this kid has great skills but people chose to ignore them because of their love for their pet cat. I don't know if the kid will be like any of those guys but his skill set translates to the next level very well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andre Ware put up great numbers in college too.

What team does he play for?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goldenrichards83;2035003 said:
Then you need to stop reading because several articles compare him to Westbrook and one former GM compared his return ability to Hester. Now what I find ridiculous is that its obvious this kid has great skills but people chose to ignore them because of their love for their pet cat. I don't know if the kid will be like any of those guys but his skill set translates to the next level very well.

Good read.

I'm now in full agreement with you.

If Johnson is available in the 3rd round just like Westbrook was, then I say draft him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2035001 said:
Here's where your problemo is GR...

college numbers really dont mean jack when projecting how a player will translate to the NFL. It's certainly part of it, but when you factor in his low level of competition and the fact he had only one quality yr there, it makes people wonder if he is worth a high pick...I am firmly of the belief he isnt worth a 1st rd pick, and probably not even a 2nd rd pick unless its very late (like where our pick is)...if I was grading him I'd put a 3rd rd grade on him...I dont think anyone in here really has a problem taking him in the late 2nd or 3rd rd, but almost nobody would want to see us use a 1st rd pick on the guy

David

can you name the top 5 RB in the NFL and tell me what college they are from and what confrence they played in thank you.

Just because some of you guys don't want to see us use a first on him doesn't mean it won't happen how many ppl wanted to use a first on BCarp i know i was against it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035006 said:
Andre Ware put up great numbers in college too.

What team does he play for?

MichaelWinicki;2035011 said:
Good read.

I'm now in full agreement with you.

If Johnson is available in the 3rd round just like Westbrook was, then I say draft him.

careful your bias is showing again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know two guys on this forum who should probably change their handles...

"ChrisJohnson00"

"DaChrisJohnson4Life"

I can make that happen for you. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035029 said:
I know two guys on this forum who should probably change their handles...

"ChrisJohnson00"

"DaChrisJohnson4Life"

I can make that happen for you. ;)

did you come up with that one all by your self

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2035003 said:

If he was truly are great as some of you think, he'd be the #1 pick in the draft.

Hell, at this rate he'd be a STEAL at 22.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
dbair1967;2035001 said:
Here's where your problemo is GR...

college numbers really don't mean jack when projecting how a player will translate to the NFL. It's certainly part of it, but when you factor in his low level of competition and the fact he had only one quality yr there, it makes people wonder if he is worth a high pick...I am firmly of the belief he isn't worth a 1st rd pick, and probably not even a 2nd rd pick unless its very late (like where our pick is)...if I was grading him I'd put a 3rd rd grade on him...I don't think anyone in here really has a problem taking him in the late 2nd or 3rd rd, but almost nobody would want to see us use a 1st rd pick on the guy

David
I'm not just looking at his numbers even though they are great its more of his skills as a RB and his versatility that will tranlates to the game so well. The combination of he being a good receiver, his instincts as a runner. His balance, his lean and his vision. Add all of that up with world class speed and you may have something special.

I also don't buy the level of competition. Tomlison, Romo, Moss and TO came from small schools and are the best at their respected positions. He is definitely a first rd talent based on his versatility alone. I wouldn't take him with a early 1st or middle 1st but a late 1st, 3 spots from being a 2nd I would take that risk.

I can't believe you guy can't see this. Imagine him lined up against a lber or him and barber in the game at the same time and he goes in motion into the slot. With all the weapons we have, we would be unstoppable.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2035065 said:
I'm not just looking at his numbers even though they are great its more of his skills as a RB and his versatility that will tranlates to the game so well. The combination of he being a good receiver, his instincts as a runner. His balance, his lean and his vision. Add all of that up with world class speed and you may have something special.

I also don't buy the level of competition. Tomlison, Romo, Moss and TO came from small schools and are the best at their respected positions. He is definitely a first rd talent based on his versatility alone. I wouldn't take him with a early 1st or middle 1st but a late 1st, 3 spots from being a 2nd I would take that risk.

I can't believe you guy can't see this. Imagine him lined up against a lber or him and barber in the game at the same time and he goes in motion into the slot. With all the weapons we have, we would be unstoppable.

Well damn, why isn't this guy the #1 in this years draft? Tomlinson, Romo, Moss and T.O. you say? We may have to trade up for him. It's a wonder any Superbowls were won at all without Chris Johnson in the NFL.

What you're failing to see is that players are chosen in the 2nd round and later that go on to stardom, the fact that he has a 2nd round rating isn't a crime. It doesn't mean he doesn't have skills, it doesn't mean he's a bad person.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
TheCount;2035061 said:
If he was truly are great as some of you think, he'd be the #1 pick in the draft.

Hell, at this rate he'd be a STEAL at 22.
Talk about reading something ridiculous. Look, I am not saying this guy is all world. i actually like Dmac, Medenhall, Stewart and Ray Rice before Johnson. However as for what we need he is the perfect fit. We needed speed on offense to open up things for TO and Witten. Last year we would have to bring Miles Austin in to run a go route just to stretch the defense. Currently we need a KR, WR, backup RB and a PR. Just so happens, theres a guy in the draft that can do all of this, well. And he runs a 4.24

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2035079 said:
Talk about reading something ridiculous. Look, I am not saying this guy is all world. i actually like Dmac, Medenhall, Stewart and Ray Rice before Johnson. However as for what we need he is the perfect fit. We needed speed on offense to open up things for TO and Witten. Last year we would have to bring Miles Austin in to run a go route just to stretch the defense. Currently we need a KR, WR, backup RB and a PR. Just so happens, theres a guy in the draft that can do all of this, well. And he runs a 4.24

Well I have good news, you've convinced me you know almost nothing about the Cowboys and football in general.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
TheCount;2035084 said:
Well I have good news, you've convinced me you know almost nothing about the Cowboys and football in general.
Great, now can i continue the debate with more knowledgeable posters. I woke up this morning and said I hope I can convince the count of something today. I accomplish my goal. You mind now that move on to someone who will give me a good argument on this. Thanks

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goldenrichards83;2035079 said:

Randall Williams was pretty fast too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MW and Golden....you two must be bored as hell. My guess is it's not near as bad as you think. Golden is not saying 1st round Pro Bowler and MW is not saying sure bust.

QT

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035096 said:

Randall Williams did get the fastest TD in NFL history. ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035096 said:

Randall Williams couldnt run routes and had no hands both which CJ can already handle. He is by far the most versatile back in this draft. He can run the ball, return kicks and catch passes at a high level for a rookie coming into the league.