Ed Werder and Rick Gosselin both speculated that...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
... the reason (or at least a huge part of it) for Henson's demotion was Jerry's public desire for Henson to play more. In Gosselin's words, "You don't tell Bill Parcells how to coach his team."

Someone please tell me that can't be true. Parcells wouldn't be so stubborn as to make such an important decision based on something as weak as Jerry talking, would he?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
... the reason (or at least a huge part of it) for Henson's demotion was Jerry's public desire for Henson to play more. In Gosselin's words, "You don't tell Bill Parcells how to coach his team."

Someone please tell me that can't be true. Parcells wouldn't be so stubborn as to make such an important decision based on something as weak as Jerry talking, would he?
Or maybe Jerry atleast wants Parcells to go with one of the youngins.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if Jerry wants bill to pay the young guys....it is only fair to say that Romo has more EXP in this system.

I know people don't want to hear that but it is true.

I think it comes down to henson being rusty and bill not wanting to see a repeat of what Jerry and Cos did with Hutch.

But hey what do I know, I am not in the meetings.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

I wouldn't be surpised at all.

Parcells needs to go and he can take his worthless "Parcells guys" with him. Jerry knows what he needs to do - bring in a young, hungy, successful coach with pro experience - Nick Saban.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Has it occured to anyone that Henson sucks?
Yeah...look at all the supporting evidence to support that....

You are one of those guys that walks around to everyone and says "Hey dude...you suck"...ahhhh "Bite me".....uhhhh....dude.

Kinda in the Beavis and Butthead mold. Am I right?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Henson has been phenomenal in practice. I know because some "unnamed" NFL source told me. Bill has his poker face on. Just wait and see...

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well if Jerry wants bill to pay the young guys....it is only fair to say that Romo has more EXP in this system.

I know people don't want to hear that but it is true.

I think it comes down to henson being rusty and bill not wanting to see a repeat of what Jerry and Cos did with Hutch.

But hey what do I know, I am not in the meetings.
I totally agree.

All this knee jerking about Henson might be a blessing in disguise. The guy hasn't played competitive football in 3 1/2 years. Anyone who expects him to come in and play well isn't being realistic. And sadly we have a coach who isn't getting any younger and doesn't want to deal with the growing pains of a rookie QB when the play-offs are still a possibillity.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
GEE... TOUGH DECISION...

start a guy wh's in the System longer and played 4 years of college ball

or

start another baseball flunkie 3 years removed from the game

yup, it's a conspiracy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:
I totally agree.

All this knee jerking about Henson might be a blessing in disguise. The guy hasn't played competitive football in 3 1/2 years. Anyone who expects him to come in and play well isn't being realistic. And sadly we have a coach who isn't getting any younger and doesn't want to deal with the growing pains of a rookie QB when the play-offs are still a possibillity.
Is it fair to assume you think We will have a new QB next year via FA?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Charles said:
I totally agree.

I don't think anyone expects him to play well. I think people expect him to come i and play and get used to the pace of the game and work on timing against live fire. That's what I think. I think you need to get him the reps. The season is over now and there is no excuse for not finding out what you have. Romo has been here, as Brain says, and he has proven squat. I really don't care if Henson is the guy or Romo is the guy or whoever. I just want SOMEONE to be the guy. And we won't know without at least seeing if he can adapt to the game. It's not about him coming in and winning. It's about evaluation and getting live snaps.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

You are one of those guys that walks around to everyone and says "Hey dude...you suck"...ahhhh "Bite me".....uhhhh....dude.

Really ? :D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I think the team has to bring a viable vet option next year to be competitive. Not saying Henson or Romo couldn't win the starting job, but it looks unlikely. QB has to get fixed.

I would call Jacksonville and see what they want for David Garrard.

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Except I am hoping upon hope that we have another Jimmy and Jerry Explosion! To the average poster the thought that PArcells would spit in Jerrys eye like this would seem a touch absurd. However knowing the truth, and that truth being that Parcells is so far less motivated by winning as he is by fostering his own propaganda, it seems almost the cozy warm start to the end of Parcells in Dallas. As a Charter member of the Bill must go club, I must say that the average masses have been bamboozeled by this egomaniacal pied piper for far too long! Stop looking through the medias star struck eyes at this guy and start realizing that this QB mess that has developed is not the demeanor of a Genius. It is the by product of a man trying to live up to an expectation that was inaccurately set. Bill Parcells has won exactly two Super Bowls as an NFL head coach, guess how many of them he has won without George Young "buying the groceries"? Exactly ZERO! This man is a fraud the likes of which this country, and the world have only seen in the likes of William Jefferson Clinton! His genius in fact is a media driven fanatacism, and he keeps manipulating the puppet strings of his players trying to get some magic out of a plain old stone! For those of you who will attempt to rebuke me, I say to you, Show me what Parcells has done to make you forget about logic and grasp hold of the company line, "In Bill We Trust". Ill further delve into this topic as I travel around, but for the sake of not cluttering this thread I simply say that Romo is not your future, therefore there is NO reason to start him at all. At best he will be a serviceable backup either in dallas or elsewhere much the way Jason Garrett was. I also believe the speculation that a rip is beginning to emerge amongst Jerry and Bill, and unlike last time this happened, I for one will be counting the days until that inevitable press confrence, for after all his handling of the Cowboys Qb situation, from Hutch to Q to Kerry Collins to Vinny to Romo and Henson is clear enough evidence to me that the man is lost in a grocery store, and his coaching has gone the way of the commode! That is why I say : BILL MUST GO!

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If Vinny retires Yes. If Vinny wants to play Parcells will go into next season with Vinny penciled in as the starter. I don't think he'll send both Romo and Henson to Europe but they'll both compete for the back-up job because the NFLE year ends prior to training camp.

I honestly think the Qb depth chart won't change. He'll have a 2nd year RB that showed flashes. We'll get Dan Campbell back whom was a key in the running game.Terry Glenn will be back. I believe Jerry Jones won't go shopping atr Walmart this coming off-season and we have to high draft picks.

I actually like where the Cowboys stand. I am dissapointed by the season, but I believe the arrow is pointing up.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Portland Fanatic said:

059.gif

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

Now that's funny.............I would like to place this post into nomination for post of the day. :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

No - actually I'm a positive kinda guy.

I just know football pretty well.

And when you've got a guy that has played in 9 college games and the rest of his experience is in HIGH SCHOOL it's not hard to figure out that the reason the guy was moved to the #3 spot is that HE SUCKS.

Notice that I haven't said that you suck for having your opinion.