Ed Werder and Rick Gosselin both speculated that...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't get the need for a conspiracy behind every move.

BP watches Henson daily in practice and it could be that he hasn't excelled then when he was replaced after the short stay he didn't handle it well. If he was moody or aloof acting like many talk here that it was useless since Vinny was ognna start til he dies it makes sense for BP to simply give Romo a longer look.

We're gonna possible send henson to NFLE. Ok so what? If Henson was a super franchise lock guy we wouldn't have gotten him for a 3rd round pick so no he isn't a Manning or Ben R. He is a talented guy who needs to play football. For gooodness sakes lets let him without x-files playing in the background.

And selfishly doesn't that make the off-season just that much sweeter to be able to catch Henson in NFLE???

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
Except I am hoping upon hope that we have another Jimmy and Jerry Explosion! To the average poster the thought that PArcells would spit in Jerrys eye like this would seem a touch absurd. However knowing the truth, and that truth being that Parcells is so far less motivated by winning as he is by fostering his own propaganda, it seems almost the cozy warm start to the end of Parcells in Dallas. As a Charter member of the Bill must go club, I must say that the average masses have been bamboozeled by this egomaniacal pied piper for far too long! Stop looking through the medias star struck eyes at this guy and start realizing that this QB mess that has developed is not the demeanor of a Genius. It is the by product of a man trying to live up to an expectation that was inaccurately set. Bill Parcells has won exactly two Super Bowls as an NFL head coach, guess how many of them he has won without George Young "buying the groceries"? Exactly ZERO! This man is a fraud the likes of which this country, and the world have only seen in the likes of William Jefferson Clinton! His genius in fact is a media driven fanatacism, and he keeps manipulating the puppet strings of his players trying to get some magic out of a plain old stone! For those of you who will attempt to rebuke me, I say to you, Show me what Parcells has done to make you forget about logic and grasp hold of the company line, "In Bill We Trust". Ill further delve into this topic as I travel around, but for the sake of not cluttering this thread I simply say that Romo is not your future, therefore there is NO reason to start him at all. At best he will be a serviceable backup either in dallas or elsewhere much the way Jason Garrett was. I also believe the speculation that a rip is beginning to emerge amongst Jerry and Bill, and unlike last time this happened, I for one will be counting the days until that inevitable press confrence, for after all his handling of the Cowboys Qb situation, from Hutch to Q to Kerry Collins to Vinny to Romo and Henson is clear enough evidence to me that the man is lost in a grocery store, and his coaching has gone the way of the commode! That is why I say : BILL MUST GO!

The only problem I have with the Bill must go is the alternative. I believe he is a great coach. He knows what he is talking about. If the players don't listen it is the players fault. He may not be able to shop for groceries, but he is the best cook available. JMO

scottsp

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I don't get the need for a conspiracy behind every move.

BP watches Henson daily in practice and it could be that he hasn't excelled then when he was replaced after the short stay he didn't handle it well. If he was moody or aloof acting like many talk here that it was useless since Vinny was ognna start til he dies it makes sense for BP to simply give Romo a longer look.

We're gonna possible send henson to NFLE. Ok so what? If Henson was a super franchise lock guy we wouldn't have gotten him for a 3rd round pick so no he isn't a Manning or Ben R. He is a talented guy who needs to play football. For gooodness sakes lets let him without x-files playing in the background.

And selfishly doesn't that make the off-season just that much sweeter to be able to catch Henson in NFLE???

Absofrigginlutely.

There are too many here who NEED conspiracy theories to get by. We don't get to see these guys, namely the quarterbacks, in practice. We don't have access to really get a glimpse, so that we might determine if said player is actually progressing or not.

I'll be honest, I don't know where Henson stands in relationship to Romo in terms of playability right now. How can I? How can any of us, unless someone here is secretly on the Cowboy coaching staff. So, it's quite possible Tony Romo is a better option to put in front.

But there is no timebomb strapped to Henson's chest, ready to detonate if he's not played this Sunday or the next. It's quite obvious the young man needs time and tons of work.

I'm just like the next guy. I want to see the young guys instead of Vinny. Who the hell doesn't? Testaverde has been downright awful, especially in the second half of the season. But it is likely that Drew Henson might be better served to continue in his current role.

Dunno about you guys, but I've seen enough "throwing to the wolves." That meaning, tossing quarterbacks out there too early, guys who are obviously ill-prepared. The trade with Houston was an excellent move IMHO. You got damn nice value, but at the same time you had to know with this grand upside came a requisite time of development and nurturing. There was no getting around that, despite what many here had hoped.

Do you believe had Henson been more NFL-ready, the Texans would have let him go for a three? The price reduction was there because the kid needed lots of work. Now, does he have serious skills and the natural ability to get where he needs to be? I believe the answer is a resounding yes. But it certainly is in need of refinement.

I don't view Parcells as perfect. Lord knows I take issue with quite a bit he's done this season and what he didn't do last offseason. However, I believe I understand what he's attempting to do with Drew in this case.

There is no Area 51, no spacemen being concealed. There isn't some conspiracy, such as that being drummed up currently by the media. Just a coach trying to work with a young, vastly inexperienced quartberback who is in serious need of work before game experience can be had.

Just because we are longing to see the kid, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best thing for him. Or this team.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Bach said:
Really???

This is the same guy that hired Barry, Chan and Campo.
The same man that still hasn't hired a real GM.

Jerry knows money and marketing...PERIOD.
Not to mention he wanted to hire Terry Donahue as our next coach in 98.

It's amazing how quickly some have forgotten the dark days of puppet coaches...