Twitter: Ed Werder: Expect Quinn to pursue Wagner

Motorola

Reaction score
It's highly questionable whether or not Wagner would accept what Stephen would be inclined to offer.

Would BW be willing to accept a mere pittance of a contract while others offered considerably more?

It's anything but inconceivable that Stephen would be somewhat more inclined to sign a tier 3 vet FA.

While it's likely fair to say that Quinn would welcome BW into the fold, the FO will have the last word.
Quinn could go to Jones & Jones and and state a case:
"McCarthy's defense was historically bad; I orchestrated the turnaround.
Bobby is the right player at this time to elevate our squad to dominate our opponents' offenses.
Jerry...Stephen - go get him."

Think that'll work?

BermyStar

Reaction score
Sorry but I think we should draft and develop promising LBs, rather than overpaying someone who has already seen his better days.
We need more than just 1 guy to enter the confines of actually becoming a contending team. It's time to rebuild for the future. :huh:
Agreed. If we were bringing back the squad hoping to push past last seasons run I'd be all for it. Right now it looks like we are taking a semi rebuild step or two back. Paying a to be 32 year old doesn't fit.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Quinn could go to Jones & Jones and and state a case:
"McCarthy's defense was historically bad; I orchestrated the turnaround.
Bobby is the right player at this time to elevate our squad to dominate our opponents' offenses.
Jerry...Stephen - go get him."

Think that'll work?

It may or may not, although, Stephen is pretty tight when it comes to vet free agent payoffs. I have my doubts but miracles do happen.