Edoga likely IR week one

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Great opportunity for Guyton. Better get the other young backups ready just in case. Time to hit the field running. It's the young guys time to prove their worth.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Edoga is terrible…glad he’s out of the way. The days of letting your first round picks develop on the bench are over.
I wouldn't call him terrible he's not Chaz green let's start the terrible meter with Chaz green yes he's average but sometimes you need a veteran in there so yes this is not a good injury to have but I get your point Guyton should start regardless but you still need depth but I find it ironic that Josh ball got some high grades from have to be thrown in there a lot of this game I know it was preseason but he's the highest graded offensive player on the field that's shocking...

But I am concerned with him going down who's our swing tackle? I mean Guyton is our starter but and maybe I'm overreacting to what I'm seeing these small sample sizes I'm still not sure Steele has ever recovered, he's possibly turning into gallup ,all that money and we gave him excuses last year to get back and now he's still looks off?

who's the other guy you're counting on rookies at center and left tackle which is fine and we have other guards and centers BUT who is this tackle you can depend on to be the swing? another 2nd 3rd year player?

It's kind of obvious in some games you're gonna need to cover up one side of the other like how are we gonna protect both tackles against some of the better pass rushers like ohh I don't know game one against miles Garrett? ouch that means we're one injury a tackle away from a Chaz green episode? I don't think it has been discussed but I don't know who the other tackles are that's why Edoga is kind of important..vet depth

maybe it's time for the Cowboys to see if David Bakhtiari is still available and ready at least to be that a swing tackle...

fa left
  • Donovan Smith
  • David Bakhtiari
  • D.J. Humphries
  • Jason Peters
  • Charles Leno
  • Billy Turner
  • Duane Brown
  • Riley Reiff

blueblood70

Reaction score
Edoga was never keeping Guyton on the bench he was insurance.
Exactly but where's the insurance coming from now I mean where an injury away or in a game where you have to cover up one side of the other against the better pass rushers you can't protect both tackles which might need protecting so where is the depth at tackle the swing tackle? That usually comes from a veteran... So yes we still needed Edoga.. I put a list below there's still some left out there I think they might have to go do this because the toe I don't care if it's a six week thing the guy was already suspect now you got a guy trying to come off a toe injury I'm thinking we need to put him on long IR and bring in another tackle

• David Bakhtiari?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Edoga seems to get injured often.
so was Tyron Smith, Sean lee ,Gallup, and others, and ? odd how football does that to player like takes out LVE, Diggs and Overshown all for the year last year alone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fully aware. Thanks.
Right look around the league do I need to make the injury list now already from practice and preseason it's pretty long I just saw a notice that JJ McCarthy who was showing good promise for the Minnesota Vikings is now hurt... I mean you have Herbert with a hurt foot... Yeah Joe Burrows I don't know he's missed two full seasons already I'm just saying this is part of football you mentioned ohh he seems injury prone you can't keep that guy on the field seriously lots of guys get injured a lot hell Prescott's a living proof of that but yeah he gets back at it and he plays but everyone doesn't even give him a break when he comes off a broken hand or he can't plant his calf or he has a shoulder injury they all mock him when he's coming back off though but at least he's making it back... Injuries are part of the game that's my short answer I don't want to keep that to show you how many people are getting broken playing football.... So that's just to me was a ridiculous observation because many guys go through this...