Edoga likely IR week one

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Solari is old school and making them earn it underrated but let this be a Wally Pipp moment for Guyton.

slick325

Reaction score
Right look around the league do I need to make the injury list now already from practice and preseason it's pretty long I just saw a notice that JJ McCarthy who was showing good promise for the Minnesota Vikings is now hurt... I mean you have Herbert with a hurt foot... Yeah Joe Burrows I don't know he's missed two full seasons already I'm just saying this is part of football you mentioned ohh he seems injury prone you can't keep that guy on the field seriously lots of guys get injured a lot hell Prescott's a living proof of that but yeah he gets back at it and he plays but everyone doesn't even give him a break when he comes off a broken hand or he can't plant his calf or he has a shoulder injury they all mock him when he's coming back off though but at least he's making it back... Injuries are part of the game that's my short answer I don't want to keep that to show you how many people are getting broken playing football.... So that's just to me was a ridiculous observation because many guys go through this...
So do you think any players are "injury prone"? Or is it just football?

blueblood70

Reaction score
So do you think any players are "injury prone"? Or is it just football?
NO im saying all players get hurt at least once if not multiple times you can call me injury prone all you want but it's the nature of the beast that's what I'm saying I'm not getting to a long ridiculous post about this cause most of the dudes on the list that I just gave like Jason Peters and Bucchieri , oops got the same problem they're coming off injuries and have been hurt lmao..Steele coming off an injury, Mazi had shoulder surgery, Dak in a boot etc etc etc

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh Lordy, the dreaded big toe injury bug has ended seasons for entire teams. I hope that doesn't start going around.

Creeper

Reaction score
Has Edoga every played a game for Dallas where he didn't get dinged up?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I could have seen him starting the season no doubt, I don't think they want him to start, but it's kind of way to let Guyton wait for a bit of time instead of throwing him right into the wolves
The scouts on here think he wouldn’t start but there’s no one as good as him that can start over him.

exciter

Reaction score
Exactly but where's the insurance coming from now I mean where an injury away or in a game where you have to cover up one side of the other against the better pass rushers you can't protect both tackles which might need protecting so where is the depth at tackle the swing tackle? That usually comes from a veteran... So yes we still needed Edoga.. I put a list below there's still some left out there I think they might have to go do this because the toe I don't care if it's a six week thing the guy was already suspect now you got a guy trying to come off a toe injury I'm thinking we need to put him on long IR and bring in another tackle

• David Bakhtiari?

Yes sign Bakhtiari and immediately place him on IR!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The scouts on here think he wouldn’t start but there’s no one as good as him that can start over him.
he needs time to wait, but now he's forced to start pretty much. If he were drafted higher (which means he's more ept to play early ) we'd be fine

Flamma

Reaction score
If Guyton can start at LT we should be counting our blessings. We're picking OL in the mid 20s and they are turning up roses. You have teams like the Giants wasting a top 10 pick on Evan Neal. The Panthers wasting a 6th overall pick on Ikem Ekwonu. We're getting these guys late in the first round that are plug and play.

I have my fingers crossed with this guy in week 1. Dak has to be a little worried about his blind side.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Get ready for Guyton vs Garrett. It's For the best long term.

I would prefer we go with our youth for now (throughout the preseason) and bring in a vet only if we have some concerns after the preseason games.

Frankly, I think we have several options that are better than playing Edoga at LT.

It starts with Guyton, of course, since he was drafted for it. If he fails, then Richards should be next up. If Richards fails, then we move Tyler Smith to LT and plug the LG spot with Richards, Bass or Beebe.