Edoga likely IR week one

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is bad news for our depth.
Proven depth, but not better depth. I think Richards, Bass and Beebe might be better depth than Edoga.

Edoga's injury could mean we bring in a vet for insurance, but I'm OK running with the young guns for now

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Edoga was never keeping Guyton on the bench he was insurance.
Never know bro. Lots of coaches on 1 year deals, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want a rookie in there just for that reason. Our coaches always seem to be behind the 8 ball and stumble onto letting great players hit the field

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Never know bro. Lots of coaches on 1 year deals, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want a rookie in there just for that reason. Our coaches always seem to be behind the 8 ball and stumble onto letting great players hit the field
Possible but job on the line I can’t imagine starting Edoga.

_sturt_

Reaction score
maybe it's time for the Cowboys to see if David Bakhtiari is still available and ready at least to be that a swing tackle...

giphy.gif

reddyuta

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is our next best option at Tackle of Guyton goes down,we should be ok.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is our next best option at Tackle of Guyton goes down,we should be ok.
Making double moves are always worse than having a better swing option you don't want to have to move people twice two position changes can really mess up the cohesion on a offensive line while he would be a great option if we had multiple injuries you gotta try to keep him where he's the best...

exciter

Reaction score
no as a backup ie a swing tackle for insurance.
So no practice eh! The Cowboys tackle in a bubble!
Seriously though, Baktiari’s last contract paid him an average 23m. You really think he’s interested in coming in and subjecting his body to more injury for a contract under what would necessitate him starting? No one is sniffing at him… the contract he’s told his agent he would be interested in is probably a large part!

blueblood70

Reaction score
So no practice eh! The Cowboys tackle in a bubble!
Seriously though, Baktiari’s last contract paid him an average 23m. You really think he’s interested in coming in and subjecting his body to more injury for a contract under what would necessitate him starting? No one is sniffing at him… the contract he’s told his agent he would be interested in is probably a large part!
First of all he's one of the list I put up about five or six of them but a veteran would be needed second of all we're four to five weeks away it's a good time to start calling a guy like this to see if he is interested in how much he'd be interested in playing for and if he could pass a physical but the fact that he would be a swing tackle and a backup would make it a little less of urgency between now and game one to get that remedy alright so get off my short and curlies and let's move on I'm mentioning names that would be good for a swing tackle just like when we brought in Peters before he may not have been good for full games or whatnot look a little out of shape could get injured but that is what a life of a veteran swing tackle that used to be really good and now would be OK with being a backup that's what you do now that's five weeks from now..

I think the irony here is everyone was screaming for Gilmore to get on a team and he's still sitting out there he was asking for 10 million and nobody here cared to know that he was also coming off his shoulder injury also old and also asking for too much money but they added his name to every damn list they wish they bring back so I'm getting hammered for bringing up one of the best free agents left for offensive tackles.. It's worth a damn look do some investigating is what I'm telling the front office

exciter

Reaction score
First of all he's one of the list I put up about five or six of them but a veteran would be needed second of all we're four to five weeks away it's a good time to start calling a guy like this to see if he is interested in how much he'd be interested in playing for and if he could pass a physical but the fact that he would be a swing tackle and a backup would make it a little less of urgency between now and game one to get that remedy alright so get off my short and curlies and let's move on I'm mentioning names that would be good for a swing tackle just like when we brought in Peters before he may not have been good for full games or whatnot look a little out of shape could get injured but that is what a life of a veteran swing tackle that used to be really good and now would be OK with being a backup that's what you do now that's five weeks from now..

I think the irony here is everyone was screaming for Gilmore to get on a team and he's still sitting out there he was asking for 10 million and nobody here cared to know that he was also coming off his shoulder injury also old and also asking for too much money but they added his name to every damn list they wish they bring back so I'm getting hammered for bringing up one of the best free agents left for offensive tackles.. It's worth a damn look do some investigating is what I'm telling the front office
I looked at your list and can’t remember anyone I’d think they’d be interested in! You go with Guyton and Richards and then decide if you want to dump Edoga or someone else on the practice squad when his toe heals!
And no, I was fairly clear in past post Gilmore wasn’t a realistic option. Money I’m sure he’s asking fo would necessitate him being a starter and there’s no way you can relegate Bland back to the slot after the season he had last year!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I looked at your list and can’t remember anyone I’d think they’d be interested in! You go with Guyton and Richards and then decide if you want to dump Edoga or someone else on the practice squad when his toe heals!
And no, I was fairly clear in past post Gilmore wasn’t a realistic option. Money I’m sure he’s asking fo would necessitate him being a starter and there’s no way you can relegate Bland back to the slot after the season he had last year!
Right so if we have an injury and Richard comes in a game and becomes Chaz green tomatic loss and Prescott Bush's leg open and because you don't like the list that's how we should roll into game one against one of the best defenses in football with no insurance except for Richards or Wally or ball...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why doesn't he??? He's raw, you think it's good for a raw player to be exposed so soon????
Either he is ready or not. Raw has nothing to do with it.

From what we have seen and camp reports, he will be good to go against Cleveland.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I am concerned with him going down who's our swing tackle?

maybe it's time for the Cowboys to see if David Bakhtiari is still available and ready at least to be that a swing tackle...
The tackles are fine. Edoga wasn't likely to make the 53 anyway. The Cowboys sure don't need to sign one.