Elliott is seeing the field better

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true at all. Great backs DONT need 20 carries to do their handy work. GREAT backs come in ready to roll and hit big plays and make big plays. What good is a RB that can only run well with huge holes and when the defense is tired?
How many carries do Emmitt get?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ok I have to admit Elliott has me eating crow. I wanted to trade him away just a few weeks ago. Now he seems to be a very important cog in our defense.

I did mention that he seems to have lost his break away speed. I don't think that's the case. I think he has become a more patient blocker and waits for his blocks to happen. Then he picks his hole.

In 2016 he just runs straight in and looking for contact. He no longer is that Zeke.

He maybe a bit lighter than he ever was. But he seems more quicker than he ever was.
Zeke, since he was a rookie, was a slow starter. Usually took him a few weeks to get in sync with his OL.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Really liked how he faked into one hole, taking the LB there and then went to another hole. There is an art to running the ball.
Oline did great but a lot of people aren’t seeing that aspect from Zeke. That was just an all around good play from everyone. Zeke deserves a lot of credit on that