Elliott listed on four separate police reports in different states

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This society is biased and selective in its enforcement of the "moral police". Frankly, it's really annoying. Outside of the DV charge (which is bogus too), none of these are a big deal for someone like him.

Certain people in the media have an agenda and just like to build somebody up and then tear them down to further it, and the Kaepernick situation shows that a lot of people let external elements irrelevant to the situation cloud their judgement instead of looking more objectively at things.

Nice post Sultan.

gmoney112

Reaction score
This society is biased and selective in its enforcement of the "moral police". Frankly, it's really annoying. Outside of the DV charge (which is bogus too), none of these are a big deal for someone like him.

Certain people in the media have an agenda and just like to build somebody up and then tear them down to further it, and the Kaepernick situation shows that a lot of people let external elements irrelevant to the situation cloud their judgement instead of looking more objectively at things.

Basically, most people are stupid.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are stories on the Internet about a lot of stuff Urban Meyer had brushed under the rug at OSU.

Not going to repeat any of it since it's all rumors, but I think it is safe to say Zeke was no choir boy in Columbus.

I still love the pick, but you really wish your top 5 pick didn't need a security detail when he goes out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nice post Sultan.

How do you jive this with your earlier post saying you hope Elliott would take a suspension in order to basically wise up?

I must have misread Sultan's post but he basically seems to be saying that all this is more media driven and that there is really nothing wrong with Elliott or decisions he makes, etc.

My apologies if I missed something.

risco

Reaction score
Yeah, so what?

If he wasn't a Cowboy it wouldn't matter.

Know what? If these so called jourrnalists had an ounce of impartiality, just some trace of an ethical standard, then they would include a list of all NFL players that had at least the same number of "incidents.

The list would shock you. Not because of who or how much, but because of the fact that it was the first time you learned just how many if them were non-storys.

This is about selling news by creating news and storries like this deserve our indifference.
Great post!!!

Philmonroe

Reaction score

I have been saying bold also but some people think that means you're defending him. For me it's not that but being realistic on how most people would handle things. Someone getting a speeding ticket wouldn't elicit much complaint for a regular person, neither would a fight against another man, or a weed shop visit. The top thing is 50/50 but not really around most guys if we are being honest. When it's been all guys and the incident came up some were like I don't know because of fame but none were outraged like they've never saw stuff like that before.

People are sometimes bias but we don't want to admit it. I guess because then it sometimes turns into accusations of other stuff and I can see how you might want to avoid that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Great post!!!

I think he's wrong.

I think we insulate ourselves from other teams and really don't realize that what we see here happens everywhere. And it's not just us. Basically a lot of fanbases, in particular the ones with the better franchises or bigger media markets, believe their stuff gets over reported and everything else goes under reported. We simply don't watch other teams or read media reports on them or follow local beat writers twitter accounts like we do our own.

So when an issue crops up, we get inundated with information and stories thinking this is unique to us, when in fact, you'll see the same stuff in man other cities.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have been saying bold also but some people think that means you're defending him. For me it's not that but being realistic on how most people would handle things. Someone getting a speeding ticket wouldn't elicit much complaint for a regular person, neither would a fight against another man, or a weed shop visit. The top thing is 50/50 but not really around most guys if we are being honest. When it's been all guys and the incident came up some were like I don't know because of fame but none were outraged like they've never saw stuff like that before.

People are sometimes bias but we don't want to admit it. I guess because then it sometimes turns into accusations of other stuff and I can see how you might want to avoid that.

The problem here is that it fails to take into account reality.

And the reality is that when you become a professional athlete making millions, there is a certain level of responsibility that comes with it and a certainly level of decorum that the franchise and the league both expect. You may think it's unfair but nothing about life is fair. When you make a willing choice to become a professional athlete it comes with certain criteria. If you don't like it, then don't become a professional athlete. If you want to be a jag off like "normal" people can be, then fine, be a "normal" person. Take yourself out of the limelight.

They can't have it both ways. I mean they want the limelight and fame to rack up endorsement deals but when the limelight highlights their own dumb decisions, you can't then complain about the popularity and fame. They want to essentially use the media to prop up their images for their own gain but then want the media to ignore their screw ups?

As it pertains to Elliott, he clearly has made poor decisions off the field. I know you will disagree but let's note his OWN FATHER has expressed that he thinks his son has issues that he needs to fix. We all want Elliott to play every game, we all want him to play well, we all want him to play hard. I don't think anyone denies that.

But we can't let our own fandom cloud the realities here. Sure, the media is probably doing a bit of overkill here with Elliott. It's not uncommon really for any star player with issues off the field. But in the end, it's Elliott's decisions that have him in this situation. I already know you disagree, but the totality of his issues off the field paint a picture of a kid who needs to wise up. Again, his own father has publicly said that.

At some point, he's got to make better decisions. Many careers have been derailed in the NFL when they can't get a grip on their off the field lives. If people want to blame the media for that, that's their prerogative. For me, it starts and ends with Elliott. He needs to wise up. Maybe what's happened to date has knocked some sense into him. Or maybe he needs to do something stupid again and have the team suspend him. Who knows. But at the end of the day, he's a very talented kid who needs to find some real stability in his life.

He makes the Cowboys a much better team. As long as he's on the field and making good decisions.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
People need to cut this boy a little slack. He is, and will be, a Cowboy. At least, in Cowboy land he needs some basic support. Lets hope for the best. In the end, nobody knows how this story ends. Lets hope Elliott can lift the offense to great things...that's what counts at this point in time. The future is promised to no one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How do you jive this with your earlier post saying you hope Elliott would take a suspension in order to basically wise up?

I must have misread Sultan's post but he basically seems to be saying that all this is more media driven and that there is really nothing wrong with Elliott or decisions he makes, etc.

My apologies if I missed something.

I don't. I liked his post because he managed to get his point across in a very effective manner, while still staying within the guidelines. I thought he did that very well.

Because I have been a MOD on this board for a while now, I will sometimes appreciate a post, even if I may not agree with it 100%, just because it is presented well, constructed well. Too often, you have to deal with posts that you know are going to be troublesome for a certain segment and it is just nice to see intelligent thought process and good presentation at work. Lord knows, I struggle with both of those things, far too often, in my own posts.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
You know, I'm starting to think, to heck with it, let's be the bad guys.

They climbed all over Dez, they hilighted Zeke's personal life and took it completely out of perspective, I don't think Ray Carruth or Aaron Hernendez recieved as much attention from the league office and they were actually charged, actually indited, actually conviced of murder, this is ridiculous.

They went after Damien Wilson for his parking space incident.

How long did the NFL media discuss the arrest of Adolphus Washington of the Buffalo Bills on a weapons charge this summer? What was the reaction by Goodell?

Pacman Jones, 10 arrests, Kenny Britt 7, Aldon Smith 5, .....there is a list with more than ten players that were arrested......arrested!.....4 times.

Zeke has never been arrested by pokice, he has been "listed in a police report".

I say wear and display it on the field, I don't care anymore about their behavior off tje field, they could never be as bad as Goodell or the yellow journalists.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The problem here is that it fails to take into account reality.

And the reality is that when you become a professional athlete making millions, there is a certain level of responsibility that comes with it and a certainly level of decorum that the franchise and the league both expect. You may think it's unfair but nothing about life is fair. When you make a willing choice to become a professional athlete it comes with certain criteria. If you don't like it, then don't become a professional athlete. If you want to be a jag off like "normal" people can be, then fine, be a "normal" person. Take yourself out of the limelight.

They can't have it both ways. I mean they want the limelight and fame to rack up endorsement deals but when the limelight highlights their own dumb decisions, you can't then complain about the popularity and fame. They want to essentially use the media to prop up their images for their own gain but then want the media to ignore their screw ups?

As it pertains to Elliott, he clearly has made poor decisions off the field. I know you will disagree but let's note his OWN FATHER has expressed that he thinks his son has issues that he needs to fix. We all want Elliott to play every game, we all want him to play well, we all want him to play hard. I don't think anyone denies that.

But we can't let our own fandom cloud the realities here. Sure, the media is probably doing a bit of overkill here with Elliott. It's not uncommon really for any star player with issues off the field. But in the end, it's Elliott's decisions that have him in this situation. I already know you disagree, but the totality of his issues off the field paint a picture of a kid who needs to wise up. Again, his own father has publicly said that.

At some point, he's got to make better decisions. Many careers have been derailed in the NFL when they can't get a grip on their off the field lives. If people want to blame the media for that, that's their prerogative. For me, it starts and ends with Elliott. He needs to wise up. Maybe what's happened to date has knocked some sense into him. Or maybe he needs to do something stupid again and have the team suspend him. Who knows. But at the end of the day, he's a very talented kid who needs to find some real stability in his life.

He makes the Cowboys a much better team. As long as he's on the field and making good decisions.
Ive accounted reality. I think most people are bias over different things. The responsibility is to play games for me. All that other stuff I don't care about. Now if it's the Dv type stuff that will keep you off the field I care about that only in my selfish way. Outside of that I don't care what he or any other famous person does. It's post worthy here but just like anyone else that's probably it

As you know we disagree about dumb decisions so no need to rehash that but I will say if you people wouldn't complain about regular person doing something don't then do it because someone is making money. That's what most people do and we just disagree on that because outside of the DV and the top incident for some nothing else is worthy of in real comment. When he does a real screw up like actual proof of DV I will agree with you about them wanting bias treatment but until then we will disagree because your comments aren't applicable to him currently.

His father did say that but if he disagreed would you use him? Let's not prop people up for consigning your views that we wouldn't otherwise. Just like Dez I think he will grow out of thick fat like this that even give people things to talk about. My problem is people acting like people his age don't engage in this types of things. That's my main problem with you and others online or in general with these views. I don't even think y'all are 100% wrong it just always seem like when people are famous, rich, talented, etc people start judging people in a different way they don't normally do otherwise. You disagree but like I said outside of the dv and top incident these other incidents aren't nothing even added up people would talk about. That's where me and you will always disagree at.

Edit:My fandom has jack to do with this. I'm consistent on a topic. I feel this way about Zeke and his current situation and I'd feel this way about any player or person Cowboy or not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dang... Zeke is on a state to state crime spree. When does he have time to practice? :rolleyes:

Sydla

Reaction score

They climbed all over Dez, they hilighted Zeke's personal life and took it completely out of perspective, I don't think Ray Carruth or Aaron Hernendez recieved as much attention from the league office and they were actually charged, actually indited, actually conviced of murder, this is ridiculous.

How long did the NFL media discuss the arrest of Adolphus Washington of the Buffalo Bills on a weapons charge this summer? What was the reaction by Goodell?

Pacman Jones, 10 arrests, Kenny Britt 7, Aldon Smith 5, .....there is a list with more than ten players that were arrested......arrested!.....4 times.

Zeke has never been arrested by pokice, he has been "listed in a police report".

I say wear and display it on the field, I don't care anymore about their behavior off tje field, they could never be as bad as Goodell or the yellow journalists.

No offense, but you are way out there in defensive land with this stuff.

For example, Aldophus Washington was arrested on a misdemeanor weapons charge. Cops saw him with a gun in his car. That's it. Wilson freaking backed into a woman and then pulled a rifle and threatened a guy. You aren't being fair trying to equate those two situations. And frankly, the Wilson situation hasn't received that much press at all. So I have no idea what you are complaining about there.

Pacman Jones incidents have gotten wide coverage. So did Aldon Smith's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ive accounted reality. I think most people are bias over different things. The responsibility is to play games for me. All that other stuff I don't care about. Now if it's the Dv type stuff that will keep you off the field I care about that only in my selfish way. Outside of that I don't care what he or any other famous person does. It's post worthy here but just like anyone else that's probably it

As you know we disagree about dumb decisions so no need to rehash that but I will say if you people wouldn't complain about regular person doing something don't then do it because someone is making money. That's what most people do and we just disagree on that because outside of the DV and the top incident for some nothing else is worthy of in real comment. When he does a real screw up like actual proof of DV I will agree with you about them wanting bias treatment but until then we will disagree because your comments aren't applicable to him currently.

His father did say that but if he disagreed would you use him? Let's not prop people up for consigning your views that we wouldn't otherwise. Just like Dez I think he will grow out of thick fat like this that even give people things to talk about. My problem is people acting like people his age don't engage in this types of things. That's my main problem with you and others online or in general with these views. I don't even think y'all are 100% wrong it just always seem like when people are famous, rich, talented, etc people start judging people in a different way they don't normally do otherwise. You disagree but like I said outside of the dv and top incident these other incidents aren't nothing even added up people would talk about. That's where me and you will always disagree at.

Edit:My fandom has jack to do with this. I'm consistent on a topic. I feel this way about Zeke and his current situation and I'd feel this way about any player or person Cowboy or not.

But the father didn't disagree. He agreed with the notion that Zeke has some issues off the field that he needs to clean up and get his life in order. He would also be an expert in this area, don't you agree. I would suggest his feelings carry a lot more weight than internet posters.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Knock off the back and forth two of you. I few zingers are ok but this is overboard. Factual posts are fine but no more personal stuff please.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

The Raiders used to love being the Bad Guys. I say lets go for it.