Elliott's going to average 4.5 YPC

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
Smoking that hopium

gimmesix

Reaction score
I get your sarcasm and I wish it could have been funny. But its not.
Even though I do have tongue planted in cheek, that's my prediction. I could have gone the other way (2.5) and possibly be closer to right, but I'm going all-in ... 4.5.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If only the OP knew who the OL coach was

Ah well
I don't think Solari is as bad an OL coach as some think. He did pretty good work with Richards, Bass and even Tyler Smith. For that matter, Ball looked decent in the preseason, which is far better than we could have previously said of him. He even turned Hoffman from a waiver wire castoff into a decent-looking backup center. Now, Steele took a step back, but I'm not sure that's not attributable to him coming off an ACL.

I do think the running scheme that we used last year was a poor fit for Tony Pollard. I don't know what they were thinking on that one. It's a much better fit for Zeke and Freeman because we primarily seem to want to run it between the tackles. Of course, now we'll probably switch to an outside zone game just because.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
What was his YPC on 2022?
What is Zeke known for? Coming in heavy, out of shape.
How many new O line will start this season?
He was already a downhill runner with little side movement, it will be worse at his age and shape.

If he makes it the whole season, I'll generously say 3.2 YPC.

plymkr

Reaction score
If Zeke gets 3.5-4 YPC that means we have done a fantastic job at rebuilding the offensive line. That average would be a testament to the offensive line dominating, which I really hope happens.

My prediction is 3.0-3.2 YPC tops.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't think Solari is as bad an OL coach as some think. He did pretty good work with Richards, Bass and even Tyler Smith. For that matter, Ball looked decent in the preseason, which is far better than we could have previously said of him. He even turned Hoffman from a waiver wire castoff into a decent-looking backup center. Now, Steele took a step back, but I'm not sure that's not attributable to him coming off an ACL.

I do think the running scheme that we used last year was a poor fit for Tony Pollard. I don't know what they were thinking on that one. It's a much better fit for Zeke and Freeman because we primarily seem to want to run it between the tackles. Of course, now we'll probably switch to an outside zone game just because.
For the Last 30 years every time I said Why? . . . The Answer was "Just Because"