Elliott's going to average 4.5 YPC

Sandyf

Reaction score
Bold prediction and really hope you are right because it would mean at the very least another division title.

Also would mean the OL would be healthy the whole year.

It would make the Dak haters very angry since he probably passes for some 3500 yards and 30 TDs and Jerry (if he doesn't do it before hand) would extend Dak for some $60 plus million average per year for 4 or 5 years.

Even if the prediction hit it on the money, we better hope/pray/wish the DL stops the run like Jimmy Johnson defenses did. Then all would be right in Cowboy world.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
I think if you count the yards of him running to the sideline he might make that average.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Average per carry is misleading since a few long ones can offset several zeros….but he doesn’t get those, and hasn’t for years. So there’s no shot he averages over 4PC.

It’s complete insanity that they couldn’t manage to draft a decent RB over the last several seasons and this is the best option offered to a HC who says he wants to “run the ball,” but I guess Jerry feels vindicated that Elliot now has to play for him for cheap.

This team is going to be in 2nd and 9-10 quite a bit…the same problem they had two and three years ago when it was clear Elliott was cooked.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
look zeke does not have to average 4.5 FYI Najee Harris ,is 3.9 yards per carry CAREER AVG and he's much younger.. PB seems to be ok as long as he moves the chains and scores tds..zeke in a limited roll, that all we ask block, short yardage and goal line. Eddie George 6 of his 9 years under 4YPC rarely broke 4 seems like people don't remember him like that they think he was a great running back..Power backs especially those with mileage should not be expected to have high average.

You know DeMarco Murray career ave 4.5 not bad but zeke at 4.3 but he has 300 more carriers was more used in college BUT hares the kicker he has 21 more tds and a beter blocker..yup those 12 tds 2 years ago dismissed and anyone can do it and welp TP failed at it.. 800 yards and 8-10 tds is pretty darn good for an aged, washed backup splitting carries.. TP in fulltime starter duty was barely better with half the mileage and younger and made 10mil to boot.. hmm

yes, it was necessary to cut him at the money he was making, but but veteran seven years plus in the NFL makes 1.65 million min.. its a 2mil guarantee, not a big deal IMHO

here's my take it's not a big deal unless this coaching staff once again doesn't utilize our stable of backs properly. They literally made so many mistakes last year of which backs to use in certain situations never use deuce Vaughn not correctly I mean they they were more responsible for our run game issues then the actual players were the scheme the play calls and the utilization of the talent was just really bad last year.

So if they could just get this figured out pick three of the best running backs on this roster right now and use them properly and create the scheme and the blocking for this revamped offensive line we will be fine..IMO THE RBBC can work if the coaches get it get it together!!

Last year the should have used Rico in all the obvious run downs with shorts and GL and let TPO do what hes always done , more FB with hunter, mnore under center olay calls and for the love of god used DV like you used lamb, Turpin, and TP behind the LOS type motion plays.. I do not wanna see our prized possession in lamb running all those run plays behind the line of scrimmage to try to create a run game...

They have guys that can do this and yet our coaching staff is blind to how to do it...

foofighters

Reaction score

Our fans are great. They really are. The reality is one of two things: IF Zeke is averaging that as the feature back, he'll be wore down by Thanksgiving or he'll be lower than that because he's the 3rd down back/goal line/short yardage back. If the second option is used, we will get some nice production out of him and his YPC will be lower than that and that'll be just fine because I'd rather us run the ball on 3rd and 2 or from the goal inside 2 yards.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think it's wild hair. Let's face it Tyler Smith and Cooper Beebe are tone setters and people movers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Zeke gets 3.5-4 YPC that means we have done a fantastic job at rebuilding the offensive line. That average would be a testament to the offensive line dominating, which I really hope happens.

My prediction is 3.0-3.2 YPC tops.
Unless we're expecting him to regress, which is possible at this stage of his career, I don't know why 3.5 would mean "we have done a fantastic job at rebuilding the offensive line." He averaged that on a bad Patriots team last year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Low and behold, the elder Jones proved these are not the Cowboys of the 1990s and new tricks are not impossible for all old dogs.

To the dismay and bewilderment of many, the Cowboys never drafted a RB in the 2024 NFL draft. They liked some and had some on their draft board, but when push came to shove, when the Cowboys went on the clock, higher rated players at other positions prevailed.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/30/cowboys-running-game-offensive-line-dependent/

Production of Elliott will be relying upon this directed draft.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Our fans are great. They really are. The reality is one of two things: IF Zeke is averaging that as the feature back, he'll be wore down by Thanksgiving or he'll be lower than that because he's the 3rd down back/goal line/short yardage back. If the second option is used, we will get some nice production out of him and his YPC will be lower than that and that'll be just fine because I'd rather us run the ball on 3rd and 2 or from the goal inside 2 yards.
I do think if we use him as the lead back that his body isn't likely to hold up at this point in his career. I don't remember reading about any injuries last year with the Patriots, but I know the last two years with us that he had the knee injuries that slowed him down after good starts to the season.

I don't see him being used strictly as a third-down/goal-line back based on how Jerry has talked about re-signing him. He sees him as a No. 1 back.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't think it's wild hair. Let's face it Tyler Smith and Cooper Beebe are tone setters and people movers.
They do give me some hope for our inside running game, which seems to be what we want to use no matter the back. Some of that hope is dashed by the fact that we didn't bring in some young, fresh legs for the RB position.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’m thinking closer to 3.5 than 4.5
That's reasonable considering the last two years for him, but I don't want to be reasonable with my prediction. That's no fun.