Elliott's going to average 4.5 YPC

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Need RB's just to get through camp and just in case of injuries.
That is true. But we've got Vaughn, Davis and Peat for that. I think Freeman will have a role. Of course, the question is whether he can repeat what he did last year or reverts to what he was the previous couple of years, which is worse than anything Elliott has ever done.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
I wish your prediction comes true. We'll need that when Dak's Tunnel Vision sets in...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The main question is that are the majority of games being closed out by him in the WIN or LOSS column?

I looking just at those tough AFC North defenses they have to face and not feeling as confident as some.

I have no issue with Zeke being here because I think I know what the FOs real goal is.........some things have to get worse before getting better.
You are so right. When we are so behind and ready to lose of course we hand if off to zeke so we just lose. Thats how teams win late, they never pass their way to win.

By the way...hard to believe...you think we are so much worse with zeke. Tony had 4.0 ypc last year. Zeke 3.5. Man that half yard deficit....wow....gonna not only keep us from our super bowl, but make us even worse.
Im trying so hard to not use hater, but this kind of logic....makes no sense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well remember when I predicted Zeke would be signed by a team in training camp last season?
Oh wait..
Well I predicted Zeke would outgain and out TD whoever the Cowboys had at RB2 in 2023 and that was wr....
No that was correct too.
I predicted Pollards ypc average would fall precipitously and we would lose his big plays when he became RB1..
I missed that one by a mile.. Uh no..

Well I'm sure there was something I said about how things would play out that I was wrong about.. I just can't think of it at the moment.
:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would gladly suffer through a Zeke renaissance season if it meant the former would happen lol. I just don't see it. He was the prefect example of what not to do in regards to 2nd RB contracts. If you're going to draft them that high, then run them hard for a few years - Dallas did. Just don't extend them after - Dallas did.

That said, at a reasonable cap number he still has a role he can play to help a team - and he's a great pass pro RB.
You call that "run him hard".
Hiw about total abuse?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Tony had 4.0 ypc last year. Zeke 3.5. Man that half yard deficit....wow....gonna not only keep us from our super bowl, but make us even worse.
I'm confident Zeke can power his way to glory if the season is on the line and the distance comes down to 4th and a dingaling.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
they brought him back mainly as a bkup center??>
And to make dak happy

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Well remember when I predicted Zeke would be signed by a team in training camp last season?
Oh wait..
Well I predicted Zeke would outgain and out TD whoever the Cowboys had at RB2 in 2023 and that was wr....
No that was correct too.
I predicted Pollards ypc average would fall precipitously and we would lose his big plays when he became RB1..
I missed that one by a mile.. Uh no..

Well I'm sure there was something I said about how things would play out that I was wrong about.. I just can't think of it at the moment.
You acted like he was a hot prospect, and yet nobody wanted Zeke till it was bargain bin scraping time. Just like nobody wanted him this year until bin scraping time, and it was only Jerry that wanted him at all. Zeke would be on the street right now if we "didn't like our guys".

And wow, a former starter and RB1 out rushing an inadequate backup in an inadequate rushing attack. Geez, slow down there Kreskin! Zeke failed to outperform Pollard who was already inadequate as a starting back. That's weak sauce.

Another Kreskin prediction was that Pollard's big plays would go down - and that didn't make you special. Nearly everybody except the usual gang of "no move is wrong, and all moves make us instantly better, and everything always works out" homers predicted it would happen.

You predicted nothing special that anyone else didn't see, and you were dead wrong about the interest Zeke would get.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
You don’t have to smoke or drink to be off you head ;)

Gambit

Reaction score
I don't think Solari is as bad an OL coach as some think. He did pretty good work with Richards, Bass and even Tyler Smith. For that matter, Ball looked decent in the preseason, which is far better than we could have previously said of him. He even turned Hoffman from a waiver wire castoff into a decent-looking backup center. Now, Steele took a step back, but I'm not sure that's not attributable to him coming off an ACL.

I do think the running scheme that we used last year was a poor fit for Tony Pollard. I don't know what they were thinking on that one. It's a much better fit for Zeke and Freeman because we primarily seem to want to run it between the tackles. Of course, now we'll probably switch to an outside zone game just because.
I was critical of Solari last year too. But what you say here is true, and we seem to have drafted for ****** more power blocking OL who are all pretty athletic too.

It's possible he didn't have the right type of OL in the room and now he does.

On Hoffman, it's been said he has been working his tail off this off-season. At The Star every day then working with Duke afterwards. I love to see players putting in the work to improve.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You acted like he was a hot prospect, and yet nobody wanted Zeke till it was bargain bin scraping time. Just like nobody wanted him this year until bin scraping time, and it was only Jerry that wanted him at all. Zeke would be on the street right now if we "didn't like our guys".

And wow, a former starter and RB1 out rushing an inadequate backup in an inadequate rushing attack. Geez, slow down there Kreskin! Zeke failed to outperform Pollard who was already inadequate as a starting back. That's weak sauce.

Another Kreskin prediction was that Pollard's big plays would go down - and that didn't make you special. Nearly everybody except the usual gang of "no move is wrong, and all moves make us instantly better, and everything always works out" homers predicted it would happen.

You predicted nothing special that anyone else didn't see, and you were dead wrong about the interest Zeke would get.

I didn't "act" like anything. All of this is your projecting. I said someone would pick Zeke up and they did. If Jerry had not signed him then the same thing would have happened this year. Teams would have looked at their RB room and realized they were missing something and someone would have signed him. The fact of the matter is that had he been the starter all season in New England he would very likely have not only outperformed not only Dallas' backups but probably our starter too. A healthy Zeke is a better football player than Pollard. A bunch of yahoos got all excited because he busted a few big runs and wanted him to be the man. He wasn't. Too bad.. Zeke may no longer be able to be "the man" either. After all Father Time loses to no one. But I do believe that the Solari blocking scheme is going to look a lot more like the 90's schemes and that will favor Zeke's running style way more than it did Pollard. We will see fewer big plays.. but I think we will see more chain moving, clock eating, defense demoralizing drives. Of course that's if McCarthy and Dak will have the patience to play that way. Which is not guaranteed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't "act" like anything. All of this is your projecting. I said someone would pick Zeke up and they did. If Jerry had not signed him then the same thing would have happened this year. Teams would have looked at their RB room and realized they were missing something and someone would have signed him. The fact of the matter is that had he been the starter all season in New England he would very likely have not only outperformed not only Dallas' backups but probably our starter too. A healthy Zeke is a better football player than Pollard. A bunch of yahoos got all excited because he busted a few big runs and wanted him to be the man. He wasn't. Too bad.. Zeke may no longer be able to be "the man" either. After all Father Time loses to no one. But I do believe that the Solari blocking scheme is going to look a lot more like the 90's schemes and that will favor Zeke's running style way more than it did Pollard. We will see fewer big plays.. but I think we will see more chain moving, clock eating, defense demoralizing drives. Of course that's if McCarthy and Dak will have the patience to play that way. Which is not guaranteed.
Our blocking was so bad some people lost their minds at pollard "show casing his speed to the edge".

And thats fine..he did it well. Imagine if he (and zeke) had actual holes up the middle instead of burning 6-8 yards just to see daylight.

Lets hope its fixed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Our blocking was so bad some people lost their minds at pollard "show casing his speed to the edge".

And thats fine..he did it well. Imagine if he (and zeke) had actual holes up the middle instead of burning 6-8 yards just to see daylight.

Lets hope its fixed.
Yeah I think people looked at the ypc average and leaped to some invalid conclusions. When a back like Pollard sees no blocking his first instinct is to bounce it outside and look to avoid contact. When a back like Zeke sees no blocking his first instinct is to punish the defense and get what he can. We got spoiled by young Zeke because he could do both three things changed.
1) He got older and slowing down is inevitable when you get older.

2) The blocking not only got worse in execution, but also in scheme. I pointed out ad nauseum about the number of delay handoffs where we did not assign anyone to block the backside defensive end and expected a world class athlete, who spent 50 hours the previous week studying that stupid play design, to not be able to get over and make a play on our backs.

3) Zeke decided himself that if he role was to be the hammer then he would embrace it. He started to seek out contact, especially when he got to the second level. He turned a lot of potential 20+ yard runs into 12-15 yard runs that way. I didn't like it but I saw what he was doing.

I also left our a 4th factor.. The knee getting banged up. When it first happened in 2021 I screamed for him to sit and let it heal. Not doing so not only made him less effective that year but I believe it impacted what he was able to do in 2022. Here's hoping that nonsense is behind us.

It will be interesting to see how they use him this season. Since I like chain moving, clock eating drives more than most, I don't care if he ever breaks off a 50+ yarder. Those plays are nice but you can't build an offense around them. You CAN build an offense around consistent 2nd and 5 or 6 and 3rd and 1 or 2.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I was critical of Solari last year too. But what you say here is true, and we seem to have drafted for ****** more power blocking OL who are all pretty athletic too.

It's possible he didn't have the right type of OL in the room and now he does.

On Hoffman, it's been said he has been working his tail off this off-season. At The Star every day then working with Duke afterwards. I love to see players putting in the work to improve.
Even though I'm skeptical of Hoffman going from being a guy you are not afraid to lose on waivers to a quality starter, there have been players who have turned themselves into good starters through working on their craft, so I'm not going to dismiss it happening. I'm not expecting much there, though, and am glad we drafted Beebe so we at least have an option. Biadasz seemed to be the one guy on the line who took a step backward without injury or some other issue being to blame. It'll be interesting to see if we can improve that spot and turn it into a strength, especially if we can keep Tyler at guard.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You don’t have to smoke or drink to be off you head ;)
No. We probably have at least a few besides me who can attest to that. And the rest are either drunk or high.