Ellis Cap question - Adam

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I am no Adam, but here are some relevant details.

Signed a seven year extension in 2003 with a $4.2 million SB. Breaks out to $600K/year in SB allocation. So, since he has completed 2003 and 2004, he has 5 years remaining. $3 million hit to trade him?

The cap could handle it, I imagine. Unless the team is blown away by an offer, I would keep him in case of injury or the rooks busting.

Yearly salaries:
2005 2250000.00
2006 2250000.00
2007 2500000.00
2008 3325000.00
2009 4150000.00

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
junk said:
I am no Adam, but here are some relevant details.

Signed a seven year extension in 2003 with a $4.2 million SB. Breaks out to $600K/year in SB allocation. So, since he has completed 2003 and 2004, he has 5 years remaining. $3 million hit to trade him?

The cap could handle it, I imagine. Unless the team is blown away by an offer, I would keep him in case of injury or the rooks busting.

Yearly salaries:
2005 2250000.00
2006 2250000.00
2007 2500000.00
2008 3325000.00
2009 4150000.00

Actually Junk we'd save 1.625Mil if we trade him this season but have a dead money hit of 2.4 mil so we'd actually be down next season around 125K but we'd save his 500K roster bonus so we'd actually be ahead some.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Actually Junk we'd save 1.625Mil if we trade him this season but have a dead money hit of 2.4 mil so we'd actually be down next season around 125K but we'd save his 500K roster bonus so we'd actually be ahead some.

and this is why i hate salary cap and take it off in Madden Franchise mode

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We'd save his 2005 salary - and take Cap hit on accelerated SB. Its not a deal breaker it appears.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Ellis' cap number right now is $3.15 million. If we were to trade him this offseason, his cap hit would be $3.3 million -- $150,000 more than if we kept him. And he'd be off the books after this season.

jksmith269

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
It doesnt matter Nors, he isnt going to be traded

David
and your sure of this how? Do you work in the front office? Why isn't it possible for us to trade him? I remember Two players having problems with Bill since he's been here and he's still here and they are gone.

Hoods

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
and your sure of this how? Do you work in the front office? Why isn't it possible for us to trade him? I remember Two players having problems with Bill since he's been here and he's still here and they are gone.

Where did he say it wasn't possible? He said it's not going to happen.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
big dog you are making a living off of the Ty Law rant, it was funny the first 4,673 times. :)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
It doesnt matter Nors, he isnt going to be traded

David

I think it is possible he is traded.
With Tuna you never know , as a matter of fact if he thinks Ellis's negativity impacts other players he will be gone.
I am guessing Bill is a fair man and will give Ellis every oppurtunity to get over this , but if he just dose not want to adjust to what Bill thinks is best for the team tan he will be on the same bus Hunter was on. He just won't be sitting in coach.

I think Ellis is a solid player , not spectacular , but solid , but Bill dose a great job of building an organization from top to bottom and whoever is not on board gose and that is how it is done . Probably the only way it can be done.

I think Ellis should remember he was a big part of that horrible defense last year and just know that Bill has a better track record than he , also just go out and play and leave the coaching to someone else.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
big dog you are making a living off of the Ty Law rant, it was funny the first 4,673 times. :)
Just following the lead of what's his name! I'll try to tone it down.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Hoods said:
Where did he say it wasn't possible? He said it's not going to happen.
OK Hood what is the difference?

If its not going to happen then its not possible. If you are so sure something won't come to pass then your saying its not possible it will happen.

Ellis being traded is very possible to say it won't happen is just like saying it's impossible to happen right?

Anyway it doesn't matter the fact of the matter is its possible he could be traded while I don't really expect him to be I would expect us to make 1 or 2 trades in the next couple weeks.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Just following the lead of what's his name! I'll try to tone it down.
I am just ribbing ya. I know you can't help yourself. Nors = Polarized. He pulls or repels depending on your ionic make up. :)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

ok care to bet on it?

we arnt trading Ellis two weeks before camp

and enough of this lumping Ellis in with clowns and losers like Ross, Bryant and Carter...unlike those 3 Ellis is a team player, clean, hard working quality player...nobody other than Ellis and Parcells knows what was even discussed in this meeting, all Ellis said is there was some screaming by Parcells...and Parcells has said on numerous times that he gets into shouting matches and confrontations with alot of players...he didnt get rid of every player he got into it with, he got rid of the ones that were waste of time losers

David

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Eliis got 9 sacks last year compared to Kearse's 7.5...He did that with, as HH would say, the engage and occupy defense. I wonder what you all would be saying if he got 1 more..and had double digit sacks.

This talk about trading our sack leader for the last 3 years...So unproven rookies and UFA's will expect to do better is funny to me.

mperfection

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Eliis got 9 sacks last year compared to Kearse's 7.5...He did that with, as HH would say, the engage and occupy defense. I wonder what you all would be saying if he got 1 more..and had double digit sacks.

This talk about trading our sack leader for the last 3 years...So unproven rookies and UFA's will expect to do better is funny to me.
EXCELLENT POINT...except Ellis has led the team in sacks the last 4 years! ;)

mperfection

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
ok care to bet on it?

we arnt trading Ellis two weeks before camp

and enough of this lumping Ellis in with clowns and losers like Ross, Bryant and Carter...unlike those 3 Ellis is a team player, clean, hard working quality player...nobody other than Ellis and Parcells knows what was even discussed in this meeting, all Ellis said is there was some screaming by Parcells...and Parcells has said on numerous times that he gets into shouting matches and confrontations with alot of players...he didnt get rid of every player he got into it with, he got rid of the ones that were waste of time losers

David
Great point Dbair.