Ellis Cap question - Adam

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarv said:
Eliis got 9 sacks last year compared to Kearse's 7.5...He did that with, as HH would say, the engage and occupy defense. I wonder what you all would be saying if he got 1 more..and had double digit sacks.

This talk about trading our sack leader for the last 3 years...So unproven rookies and UFA's will expect to do better is funny to me.

It's beyond funny.

You would almost have to be an arseclown.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander said:
On the other hand, Antonio Bryant lasted two months after his blow up too.

This is true, I'm not saying it could not happen only that I think this is getting blown out of proportion based on 3rd and 4th hand accounts and have seen nothing including Rumors of Ellis being shipped out.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dude crossed Parcells

Read his books and you will see the outcome to this story.

Then you will say it was obvious after the fact. Ellis is on thin ice and his actions speak volumes.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Nors said:
What is the Cap impact of trading Ellis?
Trade Ellis? and bank the whole season on a herd of unproven players and rookies to anchor our D-line this season when we already have questions about having decent LB's for the 3-4? I know your question was merely an inquiry, but those who suggest we will even consider trading Ellis before seeing if the Rookies can actually play with NFL linemen and if our front 7 can get the job done in the 3-4 this year are crazy. WE want to run the 3-4, but until a bunch of guys with major ? marks prove they can do it in the preseason, Ellis isn't going anywhere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nors said:
Dude crossed Parcells

Read his books and you will see the outcone to this story.

Then you will say it was obvious after the fact. Ellis is on thin ice and his actions speak volumes.

I have done more than read his books I have seen him in action I have seen him get into major shouting matches with players and those players continued to play for him for years. If Ellis does not do his job he will be on thin ice and that goes for every player out there but getting into an argument with Parcells is not going to get you ran out of town.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
It's beyond funny.

You would almost have to be an arseclown.

Yeagh - who's the bufoon? Clown? Jester?

This Ellis 4-3 thing is blowing up in your face. He demanded a trade in his shouting match with Parcells. Months ago he said - get this - "What is my role" Recently he even said he was too "small" to be a 3-4 defensive end.

Arseclown? Is that your first and last post on this? :laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Trade Ellis? and bank the whole season on a herd of unproven players and rookies to anchor our D-line this season when we already have questions about having decent LB's for the 3-4? I know your question was merely an inquiry, but those who suggest we will even consider trading Ellis before seeing if the Rookies can actually play with NFL linemen and if our front 7 can get the job done in the 3-4 this year are crazy. WE want to run the 3-4, but until a bunch of guys with major ? marks prove they can do it in the preseason, Ellis isn't going anywhere.

And we have done exactly WHAT in the Ellis era? Won nothing and he's going to be 30 this season. Lets hope Canty, Spears, Ware, Ratliff are upgrades or we are screwed and back to SUCKING with Ellis and crew.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Yes - there is heated issues on the Ellis front.

He may stay and accept his role - or he may be traded. You don't pay backup DE's in a 3-4 $3M cap.

Ellis is just trying to force the trade with his behaviour.

memo to Nors, Ellis isnt a backup

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

This Ellis 4-3 thing is blowing up in your face. He demanded a trade in his shouting match with Parcells. Months ago he said - get this - "What is my role" Recently he even said he was too "small" to be a 3-4 defensive end.

Arseclown? Is that your first and last post on this? :laugh2:

No...

I'm so sick of this Ellis stuff I could scream! :banghead:

But...

That's all we got.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:

This Ellis 4-3 thing is blowing up in your face. He demanded a trade in his shouting match with Parcells. Months ago he said - get this - QUOTE]

and you know this how exactly? the article makes no reference to anyone (either Ellis, his agent or Parcells) mentioning that Ellis wants to be traded...though there is a DIRECT quote from Ellis saying he WANTS to remain with the Cowboys beyond this yr...

but as usual, dont let the facts get in your way

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
Nors said:

This Ellis 4-3 thing is blowing up in your face. He demanded a trade in his shouting match with Parcells. Months ago he said - get this - QUOTE]

and you know this how exactly? the article makes no reference to anyone (either Ellis, his agent or Parcells) mentioning that Ellis wants to be traded...though there is a DIRECT quote from Ellis saying he WANTS to remain with the Cowboys beyond this yr...

but as usual, dont let the facts get in your way

David

Hey the facts never kept Nors from concocting a good story. ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
dbair1967 said:
Hey the facts never kept Nors from concocting a good story. ;)
The tactic becomes more and more obvious tho, which is to run with a scenario that is possible this year and likely next (an Ellis trade), and post 500 short messages crowing its' inevitabilty.

Then next offseason, when it does occur, (of course NO ONE would have been surprised that AFTER this season GE may be moved) it gets trumpeted as a prediction that would put Nostradamus to shame.

I called it!!!! I knew it!!!! I was the first!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
MichaelWinicki said:
The tactic becomes more and more obvious tho, which is to run with a scenario that is possible this year and likely next (an Ellis trade), and post 500 short messages crowing its' inevitabilty.

Then next offseason, when it does occur, (of course NO ONE would have been surprised that AFTER this season GE may be moved) it gets trumpeted as a prediction that would put Nostradamus to shame.

I called it!!!! I knew it!!!! I was the first!!

ROFLMAO!

:hammer:

If Nors is anything he's consistent.

This will be a typical post...

"Nors rules! Jesters said no trade Ellis.

Nors > 4-3 clowns

Bring it!"

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LaTunaNostra said:
ROFLMAO!

:hammer:

If Nors is anything he's consistent.

This will be a typical post...

"Nors rules! Jesters said no trade Ellis.

Nors > 4-3 clowns

Bring it!"

Non-Parcells Guys gravitate away!!

Regards,

Nors

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LaTunaNostra said:
You know there is only one person that could consistently put muzzle on Nors...
ha ha, Mikey..now why would I want to do that?

I've been using Nors (w/o naming him or the board) to give examples of modern word coinages in a linguistics class.

I kid you not. He's that unique.

Of course, the half I don't understand I pass on to an anthropologist...

(but never fear, the Bledsoe Files research is cramming My Favorites, and EVERYTHING being handed Greg Ellis will be returned in kind) :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
MichaelWinicki said:
ha ha, Mikey..now why would I want to do that?

I've been using Nors (w/o naming him or the board) to give examples of modern word coinages in a linguistics class.

I kid you not. He's that unique.

Of course, the half I don't understand I pass on to an anthropologist...

(but never fear, the Bledsoe Files research is cramming My Favorites, and EVERYTHING being handed Greg Ellis will be returned in kind) :D

I agree. Nors use of the King's language is perhaps the most unique I've come across. And I write sales copy, which does its absolute best to bypass the correct rules of 'everything' associated with proper English. And Nors amazes me!

But I'm glad you're compiling the info for a future butt kicking. :bow: