Ellis???? Whats this guys deal?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is getting on my last nerves.

You just know that he and his agent want to strike while the iron is hot. He had his best year statwise. He just won comeback player of the year and now they think he has some leverage.

This after Jerry went out of his way to take care of him this season.

Now anyone that thinks we can get a 1st and 2nd round pick for him, I have some ocean front property here in West Virginia to sell you.

I doubt we could even get a second round pick due to his age.

Plus the timing of this...geez this guy.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Wow...I missed the earlier Ellis thread.

:bang2: What a tool...Greg Paycheck Ellis can have a free bus ride out of town. No much of a leader.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LarryCanadian;1905662 said:
If I was a team mate I'd tell him to shut up, veteran or no.
While I agree 100% with this, it's probably way to late for that.

proline

Reaction score
Wolfpack;1905791 said:
Wow...I missed the earlier Ellis thread.

:bang2: What a tool...Greg Paycheck Ellis can have a free bus ride out of town. No much of a leader.

I like that! From here on, Ellis' should be referred to as "Paycheck".

:p:

cowboyz

Reaction score
does it really matter? just treat him like TO and ignore him.

the guy will come out play and help his teammates.

montgod

Reaction score
Yes, very bad timing on Ellis' part.

If he would put 2 and 2 together, he would realize that even if he did want a starting gig elsewhere, whining to the media wouldn't help him in any regard. If anything, he would be looked at as a cancer type player even though he isn't.

Guess his agent ain't helping him to realize this, but its not rocket science especially after JJ hooked him up last season.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
cowboyz;1905808 said:
does it really matter? just treat him like TO and ignore him.

the guy will come out play and help his teammates.
Not really, the guy missed the first few games of the season due to "injury" until it miraculously healed when he got a new deal.

Frozen700

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1905776 said:
This guy is getting on my last nerves.

You just know that he and his agent want to strike while the iron is hot. He had his best year statwise. He just won comeback player of the year and now they think he has some leverage.

This after Jerry went out of his way to take care of him this season.

Now anyone that thinks we can get a 1st and 2nd round pick for him, I have some ocean front property here in West Virginia to sell you.

I doubt we could even get a second round pick due to his age.

Plus the timing of this...geez this guy.

yea i know...the guy is unbelievable..we don't need people like him...and people like roy, roy claiming he's gonna retire after a few years and his heart ain't that much into the game anyways (or so i read on here)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Im just going to ignore everything he says in the offseason, he is like a little old lady always worried about something meaningless. It is just how he is built.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ellis looked at his season and sees $$$. He had his best year yet, and thinks he can get more money elsewhere.

Ellis is a *******. Not only would I not release him, I WOULD in fact start moving Spencer into place. He needs the experience anyhow. Better yet, trade Ellis to the Dolphins.

Frozen700

Reaction score
nyc;1905955 said:
Ellis looked at his season and sees $$$. He had his best year yet, and thinks he can get more money elsewhere.

Ellis is a *******. Not only would I not release him, I WOULD in fact start moving Spencer into place. He needs the experience anyhow. Better yet, trade Ellis to the Dolphins.

:lmao2:

yea...we most definitely, need to handle this tool

montgod

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1905921 said:
yea i know...the guy is unbelievable..we don't need people like him...and people like roy, roy claiming he's gonna retire after a few years and his heart ain't that much into the game anyways (or so i read on here)

From what I heard.... supposedly, Roy will change his number like Superman and be a different player/person??

Doubt it... but whatever floats your boat since the Boys are stuck with him anyways.

I will say this, if Wade finds a better SS, then they better bench Roy and not start him because of salary. If the Skins could do it with Archuletta, so can the Boys with Williams.

I know this is an Ellis thread, but I am just going to continue to ignore him... unless he is traded to Miami for J. Taylor.

Frozen700

Reaction score
montgod;1905992 said:
From what I heard.... supposedly, Roy will change his number like Superman and be a different player/person??

Doubt it... but whatever floats your boat since the Boys are stuck with him anyways.

I will say this, if Wade finds a better SS, then they better bench Roy and not start him because of salary. If the Skins could do it with Archuletta, so can the Boys with Williams.

I know this is an Ellis thread, but I am just going to continue to ignore him... unless he is traded to Miami for J. Taylor.

Eliss and Roy both....love to play the Victim

Roy also loves to play the Blame Game

montgod

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1905996 said:
Eliss and Roy both....love to play the Victim

Roy also loves to play the Blame Game

The difference this year is that Ellis produced and Roy... did nothing as usual but daydream on the filed about how he let Kelly Roland go.

rangers71

Reaction score
Get him out of here as fast as you can. NO freaking wonder he couldn't tackle Toomer Sunday. His sorry *** was worried about not getting hurt before one last payday. Screw him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1905528 said:
Seriously, why is it every off season, he *****es and moans....for crying out loud we suffered a devastating loss, and all he can think about is his greedy pocket, and making up excuses "Spencer is a first round, he deserves to start, blah blah blah"

wow i really dis liked him for his crying, then saw him play and liked him again, but now? wow....just let him go Jerry
I don't think he'll gripe this off season. His effort on the field can't be denied.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no problem with Ellis. The man had a great season and Phillips has already said he sees no reason why Ellis will not be back after becoming the comeback player of the year. Like many I get tired of Ellis insecurities but it is not affecting anything and Ellis play was clearly good enough to have him return.

montgod

Reaction score
Hostile;1906013 said:
I don't think he'll gripe this off season. His effort on the field can't be denied.

Too late... he already has griped.