Ellis???? Whats this guys deal?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hostile;1906013 said:
I don't think he'll gripe this off season. His effort on the field can't be denied.

Sounds like Ellis is already griping. He had a good year - but he used to hold off on that routine until around July or August. I'm a little irritated by it but figure Jerry will give his bottle, burp him, and he'll be back on the field in September...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I said it before the season and I'll say it now, the guy is a whiner and has ZERO leadership abilities....get rid of him.
Most of his sacks were garbage sacks anyhow, how many times do you remember seeing the guy blow past the tackle or power rush him in to the QB..maybe once or twice...maybe????
Besides, Spencer is going to make everyone forget about him real quick I promise you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1906101 said:
I said it before the season and I'll say it now, the guy is a whiner and has ZERO leadership abilities....get rid of him...Spencer is going to make everyone forget about him real quick I promise you.

Players on the team seem to disagree with the preception that Ellis is not a leader. Ellis had a great season and his insecurities did nothing to hurt the team. He went out and did the job that is what he is here for.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906109 said:
Players on the team seem to disagree with the preception that Ellis is not a leader. Ellis had a great season and his insecurities did nothing to hurt the team. He went out and did the job that is what he is here for.

Players on the team.....like whom???
As far as production goes, the guy is a by-product of having the most feared pash rusher in the NFL on the other side...plain and simple. He will be lucky to get six sacks anywhere else.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1906101 said:
I said it before the season and I'll say it now, the guy is a whiner and has ZERO leadership abilities....get rid of him.
Most of his sacks were garbage sacks anyhow, how many times do you remember seeing the guy blow past the tackle or power rush him in to the QB..maybe once or twice...maybe????
Besides, Spencer is going to make everyone forget about him real quick I promise you.

Do you honestly wanna bank on Spencer replacing Ellis' 12 1/2 sacks? At minimum - Ellis provides quality veteran depth on a defense that relies on pressure.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1906118 said:
Do you honestly wanna bank on Spencer replacing Ellis' 12 1/2 sacks? At minimum - Ellis provides quality veteran depth on a defense that relies on pressure.

Hell yeah.....I can't believe the fear people have of change on this forum...the Pats and Colts do this every year (replace guys before it's too late) and by the end of the year they are always at or near the top. Spencer will be twice the player Ellis is next season you will see...let his whining, complaining, selfish arse go to the Phins or Jets...I want hungry, dedicated players on this team.

khiladi

Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1906118 said:

Yes I do... the guy, in his senior year in college, had 26.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage, 10.5 sacks and 93 tackles. He forced 5 fumbles, recovered 1, and batted away 6 passes, and blocked one kick. He did this after his junior year, a season plagued with minor injuries.

This year was a learning curve for him and his potential is huge. On potential alone, he can outperform Greg Ellis on a consistent basis....

jcollins28

Reaction score
"You'd have to be dumb and blind or crazy not to realize you can't draft first-rounders and leave them on the bench,"

Cough....Bobby Carpenter.....cough....

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Definitely shop him around and see what we could get. A front-line WR, a starting corner, maybe? Julius Jones' replacement? Flozell's replacement? I'd even take a draft pick if that's all we can get. He's superfluous, and he's very close to the end of his career. I bet Washington would pay him a fortune to take up a roster spot with very little production for the next 8 years. :laugh2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He really showed his true colors by not even allowing everyone to mourn a devastating loss.

It was unacceptable, whether he thinks he has a point or not.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
You have got to be frickin kidding me.

The corpse of the Cowboys season isn't even cold and he's talking about money already.

This guy is really a moron.

If Jerry puts up with this again he's a bigger idiot than most people think.

Ellis needs to be told SHUT THE F UP...did you forget what just happened Sunday?

We just lost a devastating game and you're talking about money NOW!

In-frickin-credible.

Alexander

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906109 said:

Our players aren't recognized league-wide as having either great intellect nor strong character.

The fact they even view a person like Greg Ellis as a leader suggests the idea that they need an adjustment in their perception.

This team doesn't know what a true leader is.

I suppose it would take a Michael Irvin again to open up some people's eyes.

These phony leaders are precisely what is dragging this franchise down.

From the head coach on down, it is fundamentally weak and soft.

Alexander

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1906181 said:
Ellis needs to be told SHUT THE F UP...did you forget what just happened Sunday?

Apparently he is not concerned about that.

I mean, what leader would be?

Take care of your own insecurities, Greg. It will really help this team and organization move on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander;1906195 said:
Our players aren't recognized league-wide as having either great intellect nor strong character.

The fact they even view a person like Greg Ellis as a leader suggests the idea that they need an adjustment in their perception.

You are entitled to your opinion. According to what I have heard he will be back.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Alexander;1906195 said:

Can't argue with that....it's time to begin shipping the worst offenders out....Ellis, Flo, and Roy would send a clear message that selfishness, stupidity and complancency will not be tolerated.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
According to those at Valley Ranch the defense players do look to Ellis. Ware and Spencer have both said that Ellis was a big help to them and other along the defensive front have said the same. As I said you may not think he is a leader those at the Ranch do and I have heard them say it. I'll take their word over a fans any day of the week!!!

Alexander

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906207 said:
You are entitled to your opinion. According to what I have heard he will be back.

I am sure he will be back.

That's besides the point.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Alexander;1906202 said:
Apparently he is not concerned about that.

I mean, what leader would be?

Take care of your own insecurities, Greg. It will really help this team and organization move on.

Apparently you're right...he's not concerned about that.

Then here's what Jerry should tell him...

Greg you're not getting even another dime out of the Cowboys, you will play when and where we need you and if we want to sit your *** on the bench and play Spencer we will. Also you aren't going anywhere else unless we let you and we aren't letting you go anywhere.

Also Greg we made a huge mistake taking you over Moss. Now get out of my office and don't come back unless I send for you.

Alexander

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906219 said:
According to those at Valley Ranch the defense players do look to Ellis.

And people sometimes wonder why we have no killer instinct on defense.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906219 said:
According to those at Valley Ranch the defense players do look to Ellis. Ware and Spencer have both said that Ellis was a big help to them and other along the defensive front have said the same. As I said you may not think he is a leader those at the Ranch do and I have heard them say it. I'll take their word over a fans any day of the week!!!

What I think Alexander is trying to say that if the players think a selfish ****** like Ellis is considered a leader than things need to drastically change around Valley Ranch. He should be embarrased to talk about his contract situation one day after being upset at home to a clearly inferior team.