Ellis???? Whats this guys deal?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1906227 said:
Apparently you're right...he's not concerned about that.

Then here's what Jerry should tell him...

Greg you're not getting even another dime out of the Cowboys, you will play when and where we need you and if we want to sit your *** on the bench and play Spencer we will. Also you aren't going anywhere else unless we let you and we aren't letting you go anywhere.

Also Greg we made a huge mistake taking you over Moss. Now get out of my office and don't come back unless I send for you.

Jerry Jones cannot do that now and save face, particularly with the players that apparently idolize the phoney.

He has already demonstrated that he will tolerate Ellis extorting money out of him in exchange for his silence. It is too late and he has painted himself into a corner.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1906232 said:
What I think Alexander is trying to say that if the players think a selfish ****** like Ellis is considered a leader than things need to drastically change around Valley Ranch. He should be embarrased to talk about his contract situation one day after being upset at home to a clearly inferior team.

That's exactly what I am saying.

And if Ware and Spencer all think he's a great leader, then they need attitude adjustments or simply just need to be shown what a real one looks like.

Leaders come in many varieties.

But I feel fairly confident that they certainly aren't complaining about their lot in life after the organization suffered one of its more embarassing postseason exits in history. Had he done this in May as is customary with him, you could easily just chalk it up to his very annoying personality flaw.

Sorry, you just don't do that. And it is not acceptable by any leap of logic.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander;1906241 said:
That's exactly what I am saying.

And if Ware and Spencer all think he's a great leader, then they need attitude adjustments or simply just need to be shown what a real one looks like.

Leaders come in many varieties.

But I feel fairly confident that they certainly aren't complaining about their lot in life after the organization suffered one of its more embarassing postseason exits in history.

Sorry, you just don't do that. And it is not acceptable by any leap of logic.

You can use the term leader in many ways, too. Without seeing any of their descriptions in context, I'm pretty sure anytime they use it with regards to Ellis they're talking about him simply being a veteran, giving them pointers, things like that. I don't know if they'd consider him a leader of the defense, just it's most senior member, which generates a little veneration, I suppose.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Alexander;1906235 said:
Jerry Jones cannot do that now and save face, particularly with the players that apparently idolize the phoney.

He has already demonstrated that he will tolerate Ellis extorting money out of him in exchange for his silence. It is too late and he has painted himself into a corner.

Sadly..I think you're right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander;1906223 said:
I am sure he will be back.

That's besides the point.

You are giving your opinion don't act like it is the only one. You think the team is soft fine or saying they don't know what a true leader is that is your opinion and means about as much as mine. Ellis went out and produced that is why he remained with the team you want to argue his impact fine, he went out and did the job and put up more sacks than he ever has. You guys whine about him all the time and doubted what he could do well 12.5 sacks on the season and 3 forced fumbles in less than 16 games.