Article: Elon Musk Offers To Buy Twitter

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, but the other businesses can still grow. They are tangible. That’s why they have value. How do you improve on a platform like Twitter? What new features can there be to keep people interested?

The only revenue from Twitter is user base and ads, and you can’t just spam ads indefinitely because people will leave. Him taking Twitter is as dumb as Zuck pushing meta. Nobody is asking for a better experience through innovation. Most just want it to be how they remembered it when they joined.
I think the business model of Twitter will change dramatically under Musk.

He will always maintain a "free" version but I suspect he will follow other services like Youtube and offer to partner with the top creative accounts and ultimately offer them a part of revenue sharing generated from a new type of Twitter user subscription.

Those things rarely benefit the average person unfortunately, but as long as large companies, popular influencers, and most importantly, celebrities and famous people keep using it then average people will keep using it to follow them.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be funny if Musk has a new strategy of buying Twitter, finding the information he wanted on bots afterwards, and then legally going after the (then) former board members and other involved people who said otherwise. Of course he may find out the information was accurate all along.

Either way, I will not be surprised if something else happens before the deal is completed, if it ever is completed that is.
Musk's Twitter Takeover Hits Snag Over Debt-Financing Issue
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-twitter-deal-said-stuck-180619464.html

From the Article:

Musk is also seeking to reserve his rights to file a fraud suit over his claims the platform’s executives misled him and other investors about the number of spam and robot accounts among its more than 230 million users, according to one of the people, who asked not to be named discussing non-public matters.

---

As I said, it will be funny if ..

triplets_93

Reaction score
Elon Musk has a penchant for the letter “X.” He calls his son with the singer Grimes, whose actual name is a collection of letters and symbols, “X.” He named the company he created to buy Twitter “X Holdings.” His rocket company is, naturally, SpaceX.

Now he also apparently intends to morph Twitter into an “everything app” he calls X.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-mus...ogy-business-ef87ad2c5bbd708900cea36899210a53

speedkilz88

Reaction score
hug-elon-musk.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought he already bought Twitter then decided to pull out. Totally unrelated, but just got a news break that Jerry Lee Lewis died. it was reported he died a few days ago.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I guess owning a media outlet is the new toy for billionaires? It will be interesting to see what changes takes place, and how fast the changes take place…

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

I know some folks are really ecstatic about their "freedom" to put their inner voice on blast again.
I think they will be disappointed, he is already setting up content moderation, so they arent going to be getting the 4/8 Chan style anarchy they are hoping for. And this is all before anything major has happened and the liabilities that come with it

Id say just go to Truth, but what fun is blasting off in an echo chamber

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think they will be disappointed, he is already setting up content moderation, so they arent going to be getting the 4/8 Chan style anarchy they are hoping for. And this is all before anything major has happened and the liabilities that come with it

Id say just go to Truth, but what fun is blasting off in an echo chamber

Yep, folks always confuse freedom of speech with the listener's freedom to respond accordingly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the business model of Twitter will change dramatically under Musk.

He will always maintain a "free" version but I suspect he will follow other services like Youtube and offer to partner with the top creative accounts and ultimately offer them a part of revenue sharing generated from a new type of Twitter user subscription.

Those things rarely benefit the average person unfortunately, but as long as large companies, popular influencers, and most importantly, celebrities and famous people keep using it then average people will keep using it to follow them.
Nah, I won't use it, and most people say I'm pretty average.
:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

I know some folks are really ecstatic about their "freedom" to put their inner voice on blast again.
If they want people to hear them say that word, but keep their relative anonymity, they should get a CB radio. That's the main reason I stopped using one.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, I won't use it, and most people say I'm pretty average.
:laugh:
But you read Cowboys-related tweets posted on CZ, right? :D ... then you're using it, whether intentional or not.

That was my point. As long as sources we follow or are interested in keep using it, average people will keep using it one way or another.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Let’s hope it doesn’t completely turn to crap, but I think it will. Well, Twitter was already pretty crappy anyway. Jack Dorsey is already in the beta stages of his competing company, so that will be pretty interesting to see.

I’m hoping a new exciting social media platform arrives soon. Facebook can be a complete cesspool, and they have ruined a perfectly good Instagram by over complicating it and changing the things that made it unique.

T-RO

Reaction score
what has musk done for the planet?

-If not for him 98% of the electric cars on the street wouldn't be there. He not only built Tesla, he sparked the whole industry. (Tesla)

-Made Innovations in solar power and vital battery technology. Saved a broken power grid in Australia

-Bringing Internet to rural and remote populations (Starlink)

-Working to save humanity from extinction by becoming multi-planetary (SpaceX)

-Restoring the most vital human right - freedom of speech (Twitter)

-He has raised awareness on imminent population collapse

-Articulated a practical way to save perhaps millions of lives in Ukraine and Europe.

Greatest American of the century without a doubt for anyone willing to be honest about it.

Last edited: