Article: Elon Musk Offers To Buy Twitter

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Maybe you’ve never had a real job.

It’s not professional to openly undermine your boss, especially in a national manner. There are avenues to let your superiors know they are mistaken without throwing them under the bus.

Just about anyone in any industry would risk getting fired over something handled that way. Free speech doesn’t mean you can trash your boss without repercussions.

But don’t let me stop the “Elon Musk Bad Man” ranting.
We also don't know the guy is even right. He never fixed the issue but disregarded what Musk wanted him to do. And Musk didn't ban his twitter account, the guy can say whatever he wants on twitter.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Another one, it's like they are children and don't understand that they work for Musk.

FhoMAcDUoAAsiN8

FhoMAcEUAAATPxQ

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another one, it's like they are children and don't understand that they work for Musk.

FhoMAcDUoAAsiN8

FhoMAcEUAAATPxQ
I hate to hear when anyone gets laid off, especially long-time employees and especially when the economy is like it is.

When a company lays off a large percentage of their workers it means the company was poorly managed on several levels.

That said, I cannot imagine a company like Twitter needing 7,500 employees (total before Elon bought it) to operate, especially one with low level customer support.

I can see a company that produces products needing thousands of employees, but not one that's a user-generated informational service.

It is actually surprising that he only laid off 50% of the employees as I would think a company like Twitter would need only 500-1,000 employees to operate efficiently.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I hate to hear when anyone gets laid off, especially long-time employees and especially when the economy is like it is.

When a company lays off a large percentage of their workers it means the company was poorly managed on several levels.

That said, I cannot imagine a company like Twitter needing 7,500 employees (total before Elon bought it) to operate, especially one with low level customer support.

I can see a company that produces products needing thousands of employees, but not one that's a user-generated informational service.

It is actually surprising that he only laid off 50% of the employees as I would think a company like Twitter would need only 500-1,000 employees to operate efficiently.

If it was mismanaged, it was done so pretty well. Management took a business that loses money annually and spun it into $44B windfall.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it was mismanaged, it was done so pretty well. Management took a business that loses money annually and spun it into $44B windfall.
My post was about the employees and the operation of the business with regards to the employees.

I doubt many of the non-executive employees saw any of that "windfall".

Companies that are bleeding money get bought all of the time, but there's usually a reason they are bleeding money .. poor management.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Maybe you’ve never had a real job.

It’s not professional to openly undermine your boss, especially in a national manner. There are avenues to let your superiors know they are mistaken without throwing them under the bus.

Just about anyone in any industry would risk getting fired over something handled that way. Free speech doesn’t mean you can trash your boss without repercussions.

But don’t let me stop the “Elon Musk Bad Man” ranting.

So Musk is allowed to publicly blame experienced employees in front of millions of people? That’s just a fine thing to do? That’s not disrespectful?

I’ve had plenty of real jobs since I was 16, some physical, some requiring excellent PR and relationships with clients. I’ve had bosses, and now I’m my own.

Musk is a know it all who treats his employees poorly, plain and simple. It’s been demonstrated many times over the years.

I used to think he was pretty cool, but now I see him for what he is. A pretentious, overly sensitive know-it-all.

I think he acts like a man child. He talks and acts like a petty teenager, and it’s hilarious to see people come out and defend him, painting him as some sort real life of Tony Stark.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The children have officially been triggered.

How dare somebody demand that I work hard for my paycheck! This is outrageous!! I need personal time for my safe space. How
will I cope with this overbearing tyrant?!?!?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Maybe I’m just old school but it frustrates me to see a businessman with this much money and power resort to name calling and teenager terms in some of these posts. Again… maybe I’m just too old school, but it’s sad to see these high profile public figures in so many fields from politics to business to art, teaching our new generation that you don’t have to be professional anymore. Makes it hard for people who are trying teach and mentor the younger people in our families and careers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe I’m just old school but it frustrates me to see a businessman with this much money and power resort to name calling and teenager terms in some of these posts. Again… maybe I’m just too old school, but it’s sad to see these high profile public figures in so many fields from politics to business to art, teaching our new generation that you don’t have to be professional anymore. Makes it hard for people who are trying teach and mentor the younger people in our families and careers.

If that’s “old school”? Sign me up.

Too many people seem to just accept callousness and cruelty from these high profile people. I don’t.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that’s “old school”? Sign me up.

Too many people seem to just accept callousness and cruelty from these high profile people. I don’t.
I definitely wouldn't want to work for that person, and I bet truly marketable people wouldnt either

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely wouldn't want to work for that person, and I bet truly marketable people wouldnt either

It’s clear that he’s flushing Twitter right down the toilet.

He grossly overpaid at $44 billion in the first place and now it’s practically worthless in comparison.

People - both employees and users - are leaving in droves. As a matter of fact, I just deactivated my account and deleted the app. I’m done.

You reap what you sow.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s clear that he’s flushing Twitter right down the toilet.

He grossly overpaid at $44 billion in the first place and now it’s practically worthless in comparison.

People - both employees and users - are leaving in droves. As a matter of fact, I just deactivated my account and deleted the app. I’m done.

You reap what you sow.
Maybe he's flushing all of the dead weight.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1). You do realize that twitter no longer has a stock price? It’s a PRIVATE company.

2). Twitter had a big POS reputation before Musk stepped in.

1) No, I didn’t. Thanks for that info.

2) Do you think it’s gotten better or worse recently? :laugh:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You do realize that twitter no longer has a stock price? It’s a PRIVATE company.

Also, Twitter had a big POS reputation before Musk stepped in with all of their Orwellian oversteps.
1) No, I didn’t. Thanks for that info.

2) Do you think it’s gotten better or worse recently? :laugh:
Their previous reputation was as low as it could go.

Non-stop arbitrary one-sided decisions.
and
Orwellian suppression of any story, fact, or opinion that they disagreed with.

Their biased sway over the public discourse was downright scary.

Twitter’s reputation can only go up from here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their previous reputation was as low as it could go.

Non-stop arbitrary one-sided decisions.
and
Orwellian suppression of any story, fact, or opinion that they disagreed with.

Their biased sway over the public discourse was downright scary.

Twitter’s reputation can only go up from here.

:facepalm: