Emmanuel Acho lays into Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not familiar with this guy but I am very familiar with what ails him and my Cowboys brethren and sisteren on these forums for years, they're all pissed because they thought they were sold a bill of goods. What they fail to admit is that they bought the hype.

I've seen people here call Booger a great salesman, I couldn't agree less. He's a pitchman, same as PT Barnum. You don't need to sell people what they already want to buy.

What is wrong is blaming Booger for being Booger, he's a spinner, he's always going to look for the silver lining first and ignore the dark clouds. I've seen posters overreact to this for years, "I'm not buying in this year"!! It's not his fault you set your sights too high and it's not your fault either, you are a fan and that affords you certain liberties that might not apply to real life.

What is wrong with being optimistic? Being wrong? So what, at least you had the time of positivity which is a lot healthier and more fun. Going to use pessimism as your defense against disappointment? I just won't expect much then won't be down when I don't get it.

Want to truly enjoy this season? Let those 24 years stay in the past and don't drag them forward. That one thing brings more fans down when there really isn't any need for that. Lots of different people involved in those 24 years. You just don't like being like a Browns or Lions fan because you think you deserve better.....because of those years prior to the "24 years of futility".

And within those 24 years were some good years with homefield and good records but they fell short of the prize, the prize that you feel you are deserving of because of some bizarre sense of entitlement. But weren't you excited in those seasons?

Know the difference between the Browns and Lions fans and Cowboys fans? They don't whine because they don't think they are owed something.

Naruto

Reaction score
These replies remind me this fan base is one poisoned batch of koolaide away from being the sequel to the Jones(town) Massacre

Only truth spoken in this video. These last 20 years the Cowboys are sitting at the kids table with the Browns and Lions

75boyz

Reaction score
I am not familiar with this guy but I am very familiar with what ails him and my Cowboys brethren and sisteren on these forums for years, they're all pissed because they thought they were sold a bill of goods. What they fail to admit is that they bought the hype.

I've seen people here call Booger a great salesman, I couldn't agree less. He's a pitchman, same as PT Barnum. You don't need to sell people what they already want to buy.

What is wrong is blaming Booger for being Booger, he's a spinner, he's always going to look for the silver lining first and ignore the dark clouds. I've seen posters overreact to this for years, "I'm not buying in this year"!! It's not his fault you set your sights too high and it's not your fault either, you are a fan and that affords you certain liberties that might not apply to real life.

What is wrong with being optimistic? Being wrong? So what, at least you had the time of positivity which is a lot healthier and more fun. Going to use pessimism as your defense against disappointment? I just won't expect much then won't be down when I don't get it.

Want to truly enjoy this season? Let those 24 years stay in the past and don't drag them forward. That one thing brings more fans down when there really isn't any need for that. Lots of different people involved in those 24 years. You just don't like being like a Browns or Lions fan because you think you deserve better.....because of those years prior to the "24 years of futility".

And within those 24 years were some good years with homefield and good records but they fell short of the prize, the prize that you feel you are deserving of because of some bizarre sense of entitlement. But weren't you excited in those seasons?

Know the difference between the Browns and Lions fans and Cowboys fans? They don't whine because they don't think they are owed something.

Absolutely. Guilty as charged. Mental Conditioning.
Landry spoiled me. Lol.

Fantastic post, coach.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Watched Emmanuel from another clip, not interested in any of his takes going forward.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My ex longhorn boy is correct but each year is unique full of ne players and coaches so acting as if history will repeat itself is hyperbole..talking Cowboys =Hype for there ratings show..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look good? lol. I think i've worn a tie once in my 50 years.
typically a requirement by producer of the show like shaving etc , many networks like some jobs have attire requirements. Betting thats why..

I mean look at sideline reporters , a lot are way overdressed for sideline reporting. Its the network, they want to exude professionalism.

I dont like ties or sits for that matter but there are functions you better have one to use for those few times year you need one..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Caution: If homer glasses are on thick side this might not be video for you.

That was hilarious! Marcellus did a great job of countering his every point. Both sharp cookies, and entertaining.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
"too much chirping" and "too much talk" coming out of Dallas - um ok, reporters at ESPN put the microphone in their face and ask questions, then other reporters (Acho) call their responses chirping and talking too much.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Who? Why would anyone care what an ex Giant, Brown, or Eagle has to say?

JayFord

Reaction score
Pay me that kinda money ill tell you Dallas sucks all day

hes smart if you ask me

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

The issue to me is more that he is taking a quote from Dak that isn't really talking smack and trying to make it like it is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Lately we've had players wasted by poor coaching.
Garrett HC - now Giants OC
Marinelli DC - now dline at Raiders
Linehan - Passing game coordinator at LSU!
Richard - unemployed?

The football world has spoken on our coaching staff. All hired here past their competence.

Historical analysis doesn't make much sense in the NFL. Teams rollover 25% of their roster a year, and we've rolled over the Garrett Plague from the last decade. Look at what we've got now. We've got a lot.

Coaching is a big question on the defense. But between Garrett Gone, McCarthy and Moore, I really like the offensive coaching.

All the rookies made the roster. Lots of key players from free agency too. It's a very different team than last year, having little to do with the last 25 years. SB winning coach who got to pick his staff. First time since Parcells, who built a real team. McCarthy *started* with a lot, and in the first offseason, we really built it up.

The Jerry is Ruining the Franchise Club should point out what he's done wrong *this year*. I only see good things from the GM. Replaced crappy coaching staff with a professional team. Great draft. Busted on Dix, but that happens in free agency. Mostly good things from the staff.

One more thing for Jerry to do this year. Sign ET.