Emmitt says Elliott is better than him

morasp

Reaction score
My favorite memory of Emmitt was in a Commanders game and he ran right into a group of about four defenders and the next thing I knew he popped out of the pile and made about a twenty or thirty yard run. His legs were very powerful.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
On 4.2 yards per carry. Not great. Sanders, 15,000+ on 5.0 a carry. Fantastic

And I love Emmitt!

18,000 yards doesn't necessarily make you the best.

Didn't say best. ...although Barry wasn't the best. .....just saying Emmitt compared to Zeke

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lol. Way to support your dallas Cowboy. Our #4 pick that our FO, scouts, and now the GOAT is backing. High five!!!

18,000 yards is a crazy total and don't expect anybody to do it. Has nothing to do with supporting the team. I like the pick and think zeke will do extremely well. .....just not 18,000 yards

HellCrowe

Reaction score
18,000 yards is a crazy total and don't expect anybody to do it. Has nothing to do with supporting the team. I like the pick and think zeke will do extremely well. .....just not 18,000 yards

I guess I like to think that the sky is the limit for the boy. Apples and tomatos. I like apples better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
OK since so many posted about me saying Emmitt was humble maybe I should clarify.........he didn't dance all in the endzone or when he made a play he went about his business. He also says numerous times about the OL and especially Moose being a huge factor.

Also he doesn't go around claiming to be the best ever

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I love what Emmitt did, but humble would never be the way i categorized him. he didn't sign autographs of people who walked up to him because he was afraid you'd sell it online.

He signs tons of autographs now

erod

Reaction score

Troy had Emmitt, a tremendous offensive line, tremendous receivers, a tremendous defense, Jimmy Johnson, no salary cap, and a rifle arm.

Romo has single-handedly taken 3-13 rosters to 8-8 most of his time here. He owns every record in the Cowboys books, and he's the highest rated 4th-quarter QB in NFL history.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I guess I like to think that the sky is the limit for the boy. Apples and tomatos. I like apples better.

Sky is the limit for him and I hope he does break the record by when I set goals I set them a little lower and then achieve that goal then set it a little higher.

Zordon

Reaction score
Troy had Emmitt, a tremendous offensive line, tremendous receivers, a tremendous defense, Jimmy Johnson, no salary cap, and a rifle arm.

Romo has single-handedly taken 3-13 rosters to 8-8 most of his time here. He owns every record in the Cowboys books, and he's the highest rated 4th-quarter QB in NFL history.

Please stop.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So ...... Troy was still miles better.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Sky is the limit for him and I hope he does break the record by when I set goals I set them a little lower and then achieve that goal then set it a little higher.

Makes sense. Initially it just came off as "he can't do it". I'm not saying he won't either but I'm not limiting the boy just yet. It's a long road and career I hope he fills that RB void for a long time.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He may be a better running back, but there are a lot of factors that go into making a better career out of it.

To get 18,000 yards over 12 years (which is well above the average life of an RB in the league) requires an average of 1500 yards per year. That's the essence of durability in a position that rarely allows for it, and so it will be very difficult to beat, let alone match.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Makes sense. Initially it just came off as "he can't do it". I'm not saying he won't either but I'm not limiting the boy just yet. It's a long road and career I hope he fills that RB void for a long time.

I set it at let's say 10,000 yards. Once he reaches that then I go to say 13-14,000 yards. I really hope Zeke is that missing piece like Davis was for Elway, Emmitt was for Troy, Bettis with Big Ben. Having a legit that (at 20 years old) that can give Romo the time and weapons to win a ring is amazing.

I'm excited to see this kid in action

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
There have been many backs that were faster, stronger, and shiftier runners. However, Emmitt had off the charts vision, durability, and was a complete all around back that did everything well. Its hard to compare Elliot vs Smith outside of their interesting draft attire, so lets wait until Elliot does something with his career before making a comparison.

Otherwise were just looking at paper comparisons that mean nothing on the field.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Actually, I take Romo all day over Troy. Much more cerebral quarterback with far superior athleticism than Troy. Troy had a bigger arm, but he sucked at the deep ball.

I don't agree with this. I am uncertain of how old you are or how long you watched Troy but when he was young, he was actually a very athletic player. Later, after the hits etc, he was not nearly as athletic. The problem is that because he spent so long in the timing offense, there was very little opportunity for him to use a lot of that athleticism in the game. I like Tony but I don't think he was as superior athletically as you might think.

Tony doesn't really throw a great deep ball either but maybe a little better then Troy. However, Troy could throw into windows with much more accuracy and had the arm strength to beat the defense before they could react. If Tony had played in the same era, he would not be nearly as good a QB because he does it by throwing guys open. In those days, the game was much more physical and that was much harder to do.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He is athletically. And Emmitt is my favorite Cowboy of all time.

Very similar, but Elliott is much faster. Yummy.

Let's see if he has Emmitt's drive. That is where Emmitt's greatness lies.

Right there with ya Emmitt is my all time favorite.