Emmitt says Elliott is better than him

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I haved watched Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White and Tony Romo. I loved them all at the time but I have never enjoyed watching a Dallas QB play more than a healthy Tony Romo. I will really miss him when he is gone. It is a shame that Tony Romo has never has anything close to the roster and coaching those other QBs had.

The franchise really let Tony down, IMO. I know this sounds crazy, but I don't think there's a big difference between him and Roethlisberger. If you put Tony in Pittsburgh, I think he has rings too. We always asked him to do way too much with too little.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
And I hate to say it, but Barry was better than Emmitt, IMO. Barry's the best RB I've ever watched play. He's not perfect, but what he did well he did better than anyone in the history of the game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He better be better. 22 didn't crack 1000 yards his rookie year.

This guy better get 2000 all purpose yards and 10 scores.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
And I hate to say it, but Barry was better than Emmitt, IMO. Barry's the best RB I've ever watched play. He's not perfect, but what he did well he did better than anyone in the history of the game.

Totally agree with this. Emmitt just had a better O-line and Barry, still, probably would have the record had he not retired before his time. Barry, to me, was the better back.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
It's official.

2cpytlw.jpg

MichaelValentino

Reaction score
I don't agree with this. I am uncertain of how old you are or how long you watched Troy but when he was young, he was actually a very athletic player. Later, after the hits etc, he was not nearly as athletic. The problem is that because he spent so long in the timing offense, there was very little opportunity for him to use a lot of that athleticism in the game. I like Tony but I don't think he was as superior athletically as you might think.

Tony doesn't really throw a great deep ball either but maybe a little better then Troy. However, Troy could throw into windows with much more accuracy and had the arm strength to beat the defense before they could react. If Tony had played in the same era, he would not be nearly as good a QB because he does it by throwing guys open. In those days, the game was much more physical and that was much harder to do.

Agreed. There was a thread in FZ last November where some of us expended many words rebutting the Tony > Troy and Tony > Roger arguments. Rather than derail this thread I would just defer to the posts there.

MichaelValentino

Reaction score
Durability is his best trait if all. Combine it with all of his other great traits, and it is easy to see why he has the record. He was not the best pure runner, but he was the best all around RB ever IMO. He did everything extremely well.

Gale Sayers, Eric Dickerson and Dorsett were all better pure runners but Emmitt was a better all around back then them. That said, the greatest all around back was Walter Payton. Emmitt's in the discussion but Sweetness is undeniably better and is arguably one of the ten greatest football players of all time regardless of position.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
On 4.2 yards per carry. Not great. Sanders, 15,000+ on 5.0 a carry. Fantastic

And I love Emmitt!

18,000 yards doesn't necessarily make you the best.

OK, one question could Barry Sanders block?