Emmitt says Elliott is better than him

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love what Emmitt did, but humble would never be the way i categorized him. he didn't sign autographs of people who walked up to him because he was afraid you'd sell it online.

I had tons of Emmitt autographs. I used to get one every week at Fatso's in Arlington when he had his radio show.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Durability is his best trait if all. Combine it with all of his other great traits, and it is easy to see why he has the record. He was not the best pure runner, but he was the best all around RB ever IMO. He did everything extremely well.

Great point :clap:

jnday

Reaction score
On 4.2 yards per carry. Not great. Sanders, 15,000+ on 5.0 a carry. Fantastic

And I love Emmitt!

18,000 yards doesn't necessarily make you the best.

18,000 did not make him the best. There was better pure runners, but none of them could block, catch and run like Emmitt. Sanders was not going to block anybody and he was not much of a recieveing threat out of the backfield .

Reactions: BAT

HellCrowe

Reaction score
So how many videos have you guys watched of our new addition? There's definitely not enough to last me till camp lol. I watched the whole Alabama and Oregon game.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

And I love Emmitt!

Emmitt was the best. It's not just the number of yards, but how many points he scored. Emmitt is a champion for a reason, he just wins. YPC is the most overrated stat for RBs EVER. It's all fluff and no substance. Give me most yards and TDs any day, especially in the playoffs.

Everson24

Reaction score
Troy had Emmitt, a tremendous offensive line, tremendous receivers, a tremendous defense, Jimmy Johnson, no salary cap, and a rifle arm.

Romo has single-handedly taken 3-13 rosters to 8-8 most of his time here. He owns every record in the Cowboys books, and he's the highest rated 4th-quarter QB in NFL history.

I haved watched Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White and Tony Romo. I loved them all at the time but I have never enjoyed watching a Dallas QB play more than a healthy Tony Romo. I will really miss him when he is gone. It is a shame that Tony Romo has never has anything close to the roster and coaching those other QBs had.

Reaction score
I'm starting to get excited about zeke...how's his strength on the ball? Hopefully not another fumbler like D.M.

Bullet22

Reaction score
A little early for the best ever award...he has to fight for carries first..earn the job..

Gameover

Reaction score
Emmitt was the best. It's not just the number of yards, but how many points he scored. Emmitt is a champion for a reason, he just wins. YPC is the most overrated stat for RBs EVER. It's all fluff and no substance. Give me most yards and TDs any day, especially in the playoffs.

Eddie George and his 3.7 a carry says God bless BAT!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Eddie George and his 3.7 a carry says God bless BAT!

Did George also own the most rushing yardage and total TDs by a RB too? Thanks for the blessings George but you have no dog in this fight.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score

And I love Emmitt!

Yeah, it does. 3 SBs, most rushing yards and rushing TDs ever, rushing titles, etc. do.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont know why people are suggesting we run him into the ground and throw him away after 5 years,he can plays 10 years if we can manage his snaps and we do have 2 other RBs on the roster.