Emmitt Smith taking a shot at Dak now

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When you tried to leave work for the Patriots at the end of the day you would have to walk by Tom. Tom would look at you and demand to know why you are not still working. If you had a bad answer you would not play on Sunday.

When you leave work for Dallas at the end of the day there are only crickets left behind. No one is still working. No one is demanding accountability. Everyone is out selling protein powder, doing podcasts or buying designer luggage. We are pathetic.

Xizor

Reaction score
Emmitt was a "diamond surrounded by trash" in his final years of being a Cowboy. His words not mine. ;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score

the GB was a disaster for Jerry, all the fans and former players felt like many here, it was so bad on all levels, they are fed up seeing this stuff
for 3 years in a row.
But the GB game was the worst one.

I think it might show up with people not in the stands the next season.

I also think now that they got jimmy in the ring, his former players like emmitt and moose are going to speak out and say what they think.

then after that game many were shocked he didnt fire MM , when there were several top coaches available !
They , we, me dont want another year of MM and gang lol, many dont want another year of dak, but are looking at 5 more years of dak,
and 5 more years of Puppet HC, be it current mike, or the next mike (zimmer) lol

For me the next season is boring already as we kinda know what the outcome will be.
The regular season is now kinda meaningless.

the draft will be interesting, but I have to say I am more interested in who wash drafts.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s been 33 days and Dakky poo still hasn’t come out of hiding after getting dog walked and being the 1st QB ever to lose to a 7th seed.

He skipped the Pro Bowl to avoid the media and questions.

The next time we hear from him will involve him getting paid. He’ll poke that head out then for sure.

This y’all “leader”?

Preach, Emmitt.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also think now that they got jimmy in the ring, his former players like emmitt and moose are going to speak out and say what they think.
It has already started. Hopefully, their voices will get even louder and comments will flow more often.

It would be great if the old guard's loudest voice, Michael Irvin, got fully on board. Pestering is what gets the most under any narcissist's skin. Irvin is known for many things, one of which is the capability of being very annoying, lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This criticism was for the Lions game not the playoff game or his career. And the criticism is justified.

The bigger question is were those sequences on Dak or the HC/OC who called 3 passing plays instead of milking the clock. That’s not something they discussed.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This criticism was for the Lions game not the playoff game or his career. And the criticism is justified.

The bigger question is were those sequences on Dak or the HC/OC who called 3 passing plays instead of milking the clock. That’s not something they discussed.
Okay...fair enough...let's blame the HC for calling the plays...even though there could have been audibles.

Dak throwing it out of bounds on the 3rd pass was stupid.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
the GB was a disaster for Jerry, all the fans and former players felt like many here, it was so bad on all levels, they are fed up seeing this stuff
for 3 years in a row.
But the GB game was the worst one.

I think it might show up with people not in the stands the next season.

then after that game many were shocked he didnt fire MM , when there were several top coaches available !
They , we, me dont want another year of MM and gang lol, many dont want another year of dak, but are looking at 5 more years of dak,
and 5 more years of Puppet HC, be it current mike, or the next mike (zimmer) lol

For me the next season is boring already as we kinda know what the outcome will be.
The regular season is now kinda meaningless.

the draft will be interesting, but I have to say I am more interested in who wash drafts.
excellent post!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay...fair enough...let's blame the HC for calling the plays...even though there could have been audibles.

Dak throwing it out of bounds on the 3rd pass was stupid.
Yes, if Dak audibles out of running plays then he should be hung at the stake.

But if passing plays were called in that sequence then that’s where the core blame should fall.

Makes me wonder if we got all of that interview with Emmitt . How could that question not have come up for discussion.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
When you tried to leave work for the Patriots at the end of the day you would have to walk by Tom. Tom would look at you and demand to know why you are not still working. If you had a bad answer you would not play on Sunday.

When you leave work for Dallas at the end of the day there are only crickets left behind. No one is still working. No one is demanding accountability. Everyone is out selling protein powder, doing podcasts or buying designer luggage. We are pathetic.
28 years of no accountability? Players who act they don't care one way or the other? There needs to be changes made to even look forward to something better.And it all starts at the top.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, if Dak audibles out of running plays then he should be hung at the stake.

But if passing plays were called in that sequence then that’s where the core blame should fall.

Makes me wonder if we got all of that interview with Emmitt . How could that question not have come up for discussion.
If he can audible out of run plays he can certainly audible out of passing plays, even with no RB in the i, bring ceedee over, or run himself. RUN THE CLOCK!

Again...irregardless ;)...run, take the sack...kill as much clock or timeouts as possible. It lends some credence that Dak can;t keep his brain in the game during critical moments.

Don;t throw that ball out of bounds!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he can audible out of run plays he can certainly audible out of passing plays, even with no RB in the i, bring ceedee over, or run himself. RUN THE CLOCK!

Again...irregardless ;)...run, take the sack...kill as much clock or timeouts as possible. It lends some credence that Dak can;t keep his brain in the game during critical moments.

Don;t throw that ball out of bounds!
I get it. And if that was all on him. I’m fine with bashing him. But MM has a history of mismanaging the clock . If he’s calling passing plays with no RB in backfield we cant hold our QB completely responsible.

Let’s just assume he did audible out first play. Surely HC would tell him no, run the damn ball and the clock on the next play, etc.