Emmitt Smith taking a shot at Dak now

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
QB has to have a brain in the moment. You don’t chuck it 30 yards downfield way out of bounds and stop the clock. If there isn't a safe pass you run and slide in bounds.

But Dak only does that when we're low on time not the other team lol what a doofus he is.

But he appreciates your support.
that's basically what Troy said, some guys are too stupid to know how to handle a situation. I think I saw Troy beat his chest, "lick his fingers" and pointed to the sky after he said it.
I'm not sure what that was all about. hum.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Emmitt has a right to his opinion and Dak deserves criticism for his performance against the Packers this past post-season. But I don't think this has anything to do with Dak preparation, more like limitation, with contributions from a flawed offensive line, an egg shell of a defense, oblivious coaching staff, and out of touch Cowboys executive management drafting or acquiring enough athletic brutes that are football smart and not football stupid.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Inconsistent accuracy

Was in his scouting report.
Every OC has developed ways to hide Daks faults.
But when you face a fight defense, there's no hiding it.
Cooper Rush could have had a amazing year.
Until he faced a stiff defense.
Linehan put him in a version of a run and shoot and Dak looked unstoppable, it was fools gold, it hid the warts
I like Dak, but the CFL is calling.

plymkr

Reaction score
No doubt. And we’ll continue to be a pretender
Are we even pretenders at this point. Yes we won 12 games but only 3 of those games came against playoff teams. We beat the Eagles, Rams, Lions. Our other victories were Washington, Giants, Panthers, Seattle, San Diego, Carolina, Jets. Losses were Eagles, SF, Miami, Bills, Cardinals.

So against playoff teams we’re 3-7. We’re an average team that plays in a weak division. But apparently the grind of beating up on bad teams tired our players out for the playoffs.

The best thing that can happen to us is the NFC East becomes good again. Then we won’t have the luxury of beating bad teams and we won’t be delusional about our chances by our record.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Emmitt should have also taken a shot at the defense that allowed Detroit to march down the field with only 1:41 left and score a TD. I said immediately after the game our defense will get us beat in the playoffs. I had ZERO confidence in our defense holding up in the playoffs.
How many times have we seen that in playoff games and it doesn't matter what defense it is it just happens over and over

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree with Emmitt's first statement about preparation DAk was not prepared The defense was not prepared McCarthy was not prepared.

And beyond that the front office was not active enough in free agency or before the trade deadline to prepare the team for the playoffs.

The Detroit game just gave a little foreshadowing of that lack of preparation and what was to come.

Yeah we squeaked it out because the officiating was suspect with the tripping call and the ineligible receiver.

But you could say there was problems with situational football time management the usual culprits that were going to be our undoing in the end.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
of course it matters. they ran the ball as they should’ve, and the penalty that should’ve gone against detroit and effectively ended the game put them in a situation where running the ball was not really possible
They won the game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
that's basically what Troy said, some guys are too stupid to know how to handle a situation. I think I saw Troy beat his chest, "lick his fingers" and pointed to the sky after he said it.
I'm not sure what that was all about. hum.
We can take a lot of shots at 4 but that one is off limits. He does that for his mom. I can’t imagine losing my mom yet, and especially to cancer. I lost my Nona to it. So let’s leave that part alone CC. ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many times have we seen that in playoff games and it doesn't matter what defense it is it just happens over and over
The defense has been the number one problem in the playoffs the past 2+ decades. Every December you can see the cracks forming. Everyone wants to point the finger at Romo and Dak but our defenses have been terrible in the playoffs. We either can’t stop the run, the pass or both. We can’t get turnovers and our pass rush disappears. It’s been a troubling theme.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The defense has been the number one problem in the playoffs the past 2+ decades. Every December you can see the cracks forming. Everyone wants to point the finger at Romo and Dak but our defenses have been terrible in the playoffs. We either can’t stop the run, the pass or both. We can’t get turnovers and our pass rush disappears. It’s been a troubling theme.
Yep until we dedicate enough personnel to be able to stop the run I think it's going to be like groundhog Day every time we make it to the playoffs you just have to be able to stop the run and we can. Not
To their credit they dedicated a first-round pick to trying this year but I think he needs some time to mature this should have been attended to in free agency at some point other than Jonathan hankins we need more