Emmitt Smith tells how TO causes DC failure.

khiladi

Reaction score
nyc;2298439 said:
You do know that TO has had some of his biggest games of his career against press coverage right? He isn't one of the most dominating receivers because he is 5'10 180lbs.

His issue isn't that he can't handle press coverage. He can dominate any single press coverage, it the press coverage with man over that slows him down and it will slow anyone down! The press prevents catching lots of balls underneath, and the man over prevents deep balls. To say he can't play when pressed is BSPN Spin by not telling the whole story. TO has dominated man coverage many times and as a Cowboys fan you've seen it! What three teams are known to play physical at CB and known to play some press coverage? Green Bay, Washington, and Philly.
  • Nov. 4th: Eagles: 174 Yards, 1 TD
  • Nov. 18th: Washington: 173 Yards, 4 TDs
  • Nov. 29th: Green Bay: 156 Yards, 1 TD
How about the second time they played the Cowboys and started pressing with man over so they didn't get killed again.
  • Dec. 16th: Eagles: 2 catches, 37 yards
  • Dec. 30th: Didn't play injured
  • Didn't play Green Bay again
To say TO can't play press against press coverage is completely false and absurd to even say. :rolleyes:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you... I would love it every week if teams tried to press against TO, and I'm sure Garrett would also...

dguinta1

Reaction score
dadymat;2298034 said:
Emmitt: The problemistics in Dallas is that T.O. is demanditating that he get the football....

Stu: preach it dawg

Emmitt:an the longer this situational type stuff keeps happnin the Cowboys will not be a dominational football team
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

crazytown41

Reaction score
nyc;2298385 said:
Everyone knows Emmitt was a great player, but everyone also knows that his IQ only consist of two digits.
So what? He's still talking about football. It's not like he's talking about astrophysics.

Sure, he's not the most eloquent person in the world but the man knows his football and what it takes to be a champion.

People these are always in the NOW. How quickly we forget the legends of our team. :(

Boysboy

Reaction score
LOL @ this thread!

Seriously-it was just a lethargic performance by everyone involved. Losses are part of the game, but it gets worse b/c it just makes the weeks THAT much longer and painful.

We'll be fine.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2298447 said:
Emmitt just needs to shutup up and be a good little commentator.

its too bad Moose, Emmitt, Troy, and Woodson cant at least act like they played for the Cowboys and still love us.......but look what that got Irvin......fired :espn:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
crazytown41;2298510 said:
So what? He's still talking about football. It's not like he's talking about astrophysics.

Sure, he's not the most eloquent person in the world but the man knows his football and what it takes to be a champion.

People these are always in the NOW. How quickly we forget the legends of our team. :(

I disagree with you. Emmitt was a determined player, thats along with physical talent and his natural instincts on the field is what made him great player. He isn't and has never been an highly intelligent person. While football isn't astrophysics, it can be quite complicated. Notice, he isn't coaching. I'm quite positive he couldn't land a coaching job and it would have something to do with his level of intelligence. Notice how the guys he works with sometimes look at him like he is stupid. Enough said.

Anyhow, what does him being a Cowboys legend have to do with him being smart?

crazytown41

Reaction score
nyc;2298570 said:
I disagree with you. Emmitt was a determined player, thats along with physical talent and his natural instincts on the field is what made him great player. He isn't and has never been an highly intelligent person. While football isn't astrophysics, it can be quite complicated. Notice, he isn't coaching. I'm quite positive he couldn't land a coaching job and it would have something to do with his level of intelligence. Notice how the guys he works with sometimes look at him like he is stupid. Enough said.

Anyhow, what does him being a Cowboys legend have to do with him being smart?
Huh? You're telling me he became a great player because of his physical talent? If anything, that was knock on him when he came out of college.

So you're telling me Emmitt knows nothing about the X's and O's of football? That he did all what he's done in his career with his god given talent alone? Or that Emmitt knows nothing about becoming a champion and how to conduct yourself on the field?

And how does becoming a great analyst correlate with being a great coach?? There are PLENTY of great analysts who have never coached a minute on the field. With your logic, 95% of sports writers should be ignored.

Just because he's not coaching doesn't mean he's not an intelligent player. Magic Johnson is a perfect example of that. I think we can all agree he's one of the smartest basketball players to ever live. But when he went into coaching he may have been one of the worst coaches to ever live. some people just aren't cut out to teach.

So I don't know where you came with: Smart People = Great Coach or Dumb People = Can't Coach.

I'll agree that he's not the smartest person in the world when it comes to the english language but who cares??

Some of you guys crack me up. You'll defend T.O to no end eventhough he has never done anything for this franchise. But a TRUE Cowboy Legend blunders a few (OK, plenty) words and you're ready to rag on him to no end.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I love this thread. The title got changed three times.

:lmao2:

First it was: "BREAKING NEWS: ES tells how TO causes DC failure" then it was changed to "BREAKING NEWS: ES [Emmitt Smith] tells how TO causes DC failure" then it was changed to "Emmitt Smith tells how TO causes DC failure."

Don't get me wrong, but as much as I have enjoyed ES over the years, he needs to take off those dancing shoes, take the rushing records off the wall and put them in the closet. As a media guy he is a complete schmuck.

Emmitt needs to find another way to earn a living because TV announcer aint it.

Again, I can youtube all day long and watch ES dancing with the stars or dancing and spinning on the field, but this MNF stuff is way beyond him. His TV days are over.

Every time he opens his mouth he damages himself. Kinda like... well never mind.

He is ruining my image of him as a great man by sitting at that desk pretending to have something important to say.

Emmitt! stop while you are ahead.

With my best Forrest Gump voice:... "that all I have to say about that."

...maybe.

:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StarKist;2298666 said:
First it was: "BREAKING NEWS: ES tells how TO causes DC to failure" then it was changed to "BREAKING NEWS: ES [Emmitt Smith]tells how TO causes DC to failure" then it was changed to "Emmitt Smith tells how TO causes DC to failure."

Don't get me wrong, but as much as I have enjoyed ES over the years, he needs to take off those dancing shoes, take the rushing records off the wall and put them in the closet. As a media guy he is a complete schmuck.

Again, I can youtube all day long and watch ES dancing with the stars or dancing and spinning on the field, but this MNF stuff is way beyond him. His TV days are over.

Every time he opens his mouth he damages himself. Kinda like... well never mind.

He is ruining my image of him as a great man by sitting at that desk pretending to have something important to say.

...maybe.

You know what... your post made me think of something...

I think that if Emmitt want to really contribute to ESPN he should tell them give me a 3 minute RB segment. Let him break down a few play for a few running back every week and praise and critique them on they pro's and cons respectively.

That would have some value. Right now he is the equivalent to what the "Aliens" spew out onto the Predators lol

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
StarKist;2298666 said:
I love this thread. The title got changed three times.

:lmao2:

First it was: "BREAKING NEWS: ES tells how TO causes DC failure" then it was changed to "BREAKING NEWS: ES [Emmitt Smith] tells how TO causes DC failure" then it was changed to "Emmitt Smith tells how TO causes DC failure."

...maybe.

I gotta disagree here. I have watched Emmitt a lot this season and he has improved a lot this year. He made very good points last night about the MNF game and at other times this season(Eagles-Cowboys MNF game). Is he great? No. Has he improved a lot? Yes

phillycard

Reaction score
I'm not a T.O. fan at all, but the hate that Key,Ditka, and clown Jackson have for him is so highschoolish and very girly. Keyshawn "Throw me 20 balls and Ima catch all 20." Yeah, okay.

djmajestik

Reaction score
windward;2298031 said:
Dallas Cowboys 2008:Unfinished Business

Yeah, I had some unfinished business, luckily I was able to flush mine down the toilet. Wish I could say the same for Sunday's game!