Emmitt Smith to current Cowboys: "You're not a star yet."

Creeper

Reaction score
Well put by Emmitt, but instead of saying "you’re gonna be living in the shadows of what came before you." it should be, "you should be living in the shadows of what came before you." One of the problems in Dallas is these guys are overhyped despite how little they have accomplished. But go ahead and make a name for yourselves by doing things like throwing 5 TDs against the Eagles practice squad. Not to pick on Dak but the fact is, beating up bad teams makes you average. Go beat up a good team in crunch time and then you can beat your chests for 5 minutes.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm actually impressed. It's not that often that Emmitt comes up with an intelligent thought.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Easy to be said when Smith played on a team that had HOFs and all-pros everywhere for 5-6 years. What some of our stud players are surrounded by is what Smith was surrounded by for the vast majority of his post-super bowl days.

Direct your crap at Jerry, Smith.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Easy to be said when Smith played on a team that had HOFs and all-pros everywhere for 5-6 years. What some of our stud players are surrounded by is what Smith was surrounded by for the vast majority of his post-super bowl days.

Direct your crap at Jerry, Smith.
Ya see, the problem is, the players that you think are studs are not studs.

There's one stud player on this team and that's Micah Parsons.

Big D

Reaction score
Emmitt was ridiculed back in the day for his 'diamonds surrounded by trash' take. He was right then but noone wanted to hear it from him. Things change.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He's 100% right. I've had about all I can stand of these losers.