Video: Emotional Postgame Locker Room

Proof

Reaction score
This video is a fine example of why players like JG and play hard for him. That was a tremendous speech by JG. You can tell he really cares for his players on a human level, that's not always easy to find...good job JG. Good thoughts for Gallup.

Tremendous speech? It was run of the mill boilerplate. The emotional aspect due to his father passing was touching and not trite, but nothing special overall.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Tremendous speech? It was run of the mill boilerplate. The emotional aspect due to his father passing was touching and not trite, but nothing special overall.

It was Michel Gallup's brother who committed suicide. You go give a speech after someone you know has a family member commit suicide...jeesh. some of you need to learn compassion.

Mannix

Reaction score
That fraud will NEVER fool me again....he does NOT need to be back next year. And yes, I do feel horrible for Gallup....has nothing to do with my thoughts on The Clapping Carrot as a head coach.

JMech

Reaction score
Beautiful clip, thank you for posting. You can see these guys really love their coach. I just wish he was a little (or a lot) better at game strategy every week.
What are you talking about? If you go back a few games, players were calling him out for their poor performance and lack of preparation. Don't make too much of video following a victory.

The sooner they get that bozo our of their locker room the sooner they can move on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about? If you go back a few games, players were calling him out for their poor performance and lack of preparation. Don't make too much of video following a victory.

The sooner they get that bozo our of their locker room the sooner they can move on.

[they weren’t]

Dre11

Reaction score
It's all emotions. In his position he can't allow himself to love his players. If he does it will cloud his judgement.

Nah, you can. You just have to find that balance, I had to learn that when my son came to HS and I was his coach

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah, you can. You just have to find that balance, I had to learn that when my son came to HS and I was his coach
I never coached a son, two of my top assistants did and they had a hard time separating it. I had to be the bad guy.

gmb1

Reaction score
If he gets to the NFC Championship then he can stay. Otherwise fire him!

Zman5

Reaction score
He probably spent more time practicing that act than on the game plan. The guy is a great politician. He should really run for office. He'll get elected fooling all the voters that he really cares about them

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
He used to hug Romo like that, then he put his butt on the bench. Used to hug Dez like that, then he cut him.......it's all a show.

To be fair to him, there is a difference between caring for the players and making the hard decisions. You have to love the team more than any one player. That doesn't mean that it's fake.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You can see why the players like Garrett and why they still play hard for him. I get it.

But after 9 years the results simply are not there. And I'm sick and tired of waiting. And he needs to go.

This is the new NFL. And he has a 1990's mentality. Adapt or die.
It's never personal with me. I liked him when he was our backup QB and I even supported him when he first became coach. But 9 years of nothing is ridiculous. It doesn't matter to me if the players like him or not. He's an awful gameday coach. But saying all that, it was a very nice clip.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's never personal with me. I liked him when he was our backup QB and I even supported him when he first became coach. But 9 years of nothing is ridiculous. It doesn't matter to me if the players like him or not. He's an awful gameday coach. But saying all that, it was a very nice clip.
It is personal with me, but it was a nice clip. Academy award worthy! Lol