Video: Emotional Postgame Locker Room

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is it possible there actually is a closeness on this team -- all skepticism aside?

If so, it would be a favorable sign that they'd be willing to fight for one another.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He used to hug Romo like that, then he put his butt on the bench. Used to hug Dez like that, then he cut him.......it's all a show.
Silly response. A coach can care about his players and still do what’s best for the whole team, not just the super star. Romo never played another game, clearly even he knew his career was at the end. Dez never played another game and was half way through the season before getting a contract from the desperate Saints. We can all love Romo and Dez for what they were, but the facts argue against any suggestion that they weren’t both way past their primes and not worth their salaries to the team.

Dre11

Reaction score
I never coached a son, two of my top assistants did and they had a hard time separating it. I had to be the bad guy.

It's hard. I started out being too hard in order to build that coach/player relationship and then scaled it back once that was established. I gained much respect from his teammates. Now that he's graduated and I've had a few years in between to coach without that pressure, the pressure will be back next year when my next son will be there.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Silly response. A coach can care about his players and still do what’s best for the whole team, not just the super star. Romo never played another game, clearly even he knew his career was at the end. Dez never played another game and was half way through the season before getting a contract from the desperate Saints. We can all love Romo and Dez for what they were, but the facts argue against any suggestion that they weren’t both way past their primes and not worth their salaries to the team.
The hugs stop when you're past your prime. Lol!!

JustChip

Reaction score
He used to hug Romo like that, then he put his butt on the bench. Used to hug Dez like that, then he cut him.......it's all a show.

Landry cared about his players, but wasn't afraid to make the hard decision. The net of it is it's a business. Doesn't mean it is or was fake. My dad, whom I lost on October 7, was not overly emotional nor touchy/feely, where I am. Neither of us were or are fake. I knew my dad loved me and my daughter has always known I love her, even when I've had to do things that she didn't understand or even like at the time.

JustChip

Reaction score
Love my Cowboys but reality can be cruel at times. Saints are elite,and we aren't. It will be an uphill battle from start to finish. Not sayin we can't win, just saying, those guys are superior in every sense of the word,to our team.

They're a superior team, no doubt, but that's really only because of Brees and Payton, no where else really. And I would go so far as to say if Brees went down in practice and they had to play their backup QB, they'd be much more in line with a top 10 team instead of the best of the NFC. That's still a very good team, but certainly not the best of the NFC. Payton Payton is good, but it's not like he's never lost to Dallas or has never lost to an inferior team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Landry cared about his players, but wasn't afraid to make the hard decision. The net of it is it's a business. Doesn't mean it is or was fake. My dad, whom I lost on October 7, was not overly emotional nor touchy/feely, where I am. Neither of us were or are fake. I knew my dad loved me and my daughter has always known I love her, even when I've had to do things that she didn't understand or even like at the time.
My condolences....I know how it feels to lose a parent. I have never equated my love for my family to the love for my players. Not even close.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Can't think of many great head coaches that are all feels..Landry, Belichick, Saban, etc? Total opposite.

Blubbering and hugging may win friendships but does it win respect?

Or, more importantly, does it win you games? The answer is a resounding 'No'. I'm not arguing that Garrett isn't a good and we'll-intentioned man. But he is not a capable in-game coach. He doesn't adjust strategy to game situations as they arise. He doesn't see evolving X's and O's. But man - what a rah-rah guy... He sure can clap and cheer.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am by far not a JG apologist (wanted him gone after the crapfest in 2011) —— But It seems Garrett gets 100% of the blame when something doesn’t work out— and 0% of the credit when anything positive happens.

The guy apparently can’t even publicly support a player that is going through a family crisis without having his intentions and motives questioned lol...

The hate is juuuuust a bit irrational

TWOK11

Reaction score
I have a lot of doubts about Garrett even after this win streak, but as I’ve said in the past we could do A LOT worse and his players love him.

Proof

Reaction score
It was Michel Gallup's brother who committed suicide. You go give a speech after someone you know has a family member commit suicide...jeesh. some of you need to learn compassion.

Oh I’m aware. Nice gesture sure. Wasn’t anything special he said was my point or anything tremendous about it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Getting emotional is fine , crying , choking up and hugging . .. its all good .

Crying makes a good coach ?!

answer : no , we got 2 playoff berths in 9 years .