CFZ Enjoy the ride Cowboy fans, our Savior has arrived

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve all been waiting for Jethro and this dysfunctional organization to get lucky. And not many have been more critical than I have of this era. Many who have argued with me have said we just need Jethro to get lucky.

I’ve always said you need to know when to recognize when it’s time to appreciate greatness. And that I would welcome leading the cheers once it arrived . Well, I’m here to say our lotto winning ticket has arrived .

Parsons is impacting games like we haven’t seen in this era . We had all been hoping one of our QB’s would be enough to elevate us to greatness which has never happened although they have propped up an otherwise dormant franchise this era . But this kid is a generational talent. He can carry the weight of this franchise.

Our 1st MVP caliber talent since Emmitt. This kid if we can surround him with enough and keep him healthy could take us all the way. Shoot, he’s elevating everyone around . We may not need much more. Just get out of the way and or don’t hinder it.

We have some awesome HOFamers in our history on defense but none single handed who took over games like this. I sit and gaze in disbelief that he’s on our team. And all because our original draft picks were snagged right in front of us. How lucky is that.

We should all get on our knees and be thankful that Jethro’s golden goose may have finally arrived . Hopefully the old coot doesn’t find a way to screw this up.

Last edited:

Einstein

Reaction score
Love the idea of this post, but DWare was an MVP candidate and oh yeah we have the best OG in football... also, I'm pretty sure Bob Lilly took over some games in his day.

terra

Reaction score
We’ve all been waiting for Jethro and this dysfunctional organization to get lucky. And not many have been more critical than I have of this era. Many who have argued with me have said we just need Jethro to get lucky.

I’ve always said you need to know when to recognize when it’s time to appreciate greatness. And that I would welcome leading the cheers once it arrived . Well, I’m here to say our lotto winning ticket has arrived .

Parsons is impacting games like we haven’t seen in this era . We had all been hoping one of our QB’s would be enough to elevate us to greatness which has never happened although they have propped up an otherwise dormant franchise this era . But this kid is a generational talent.

Our 1st MVP caliber talent since Emmitt. This kid if we can surround him with enough and keep him healthy could take us all the way. Shoot, he’s elevating everyone around . We may not need much more. Just get out of the way and or don’t hinder it.

We have some awesome HOFamers in our history on defense but none single handed who took over games like this. I sit and gaze in disbelief that he’s on our team. And all because our original draft picks were snagged right in front of us. How lucky is that.

We should all get on our knees and be thankful that Jethro’s golden goose may have finally arrived . Hopefully the old coot doesn’t find a way to screw this up.
yet you keep making excuses for the clown show. as the saying goes, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with all first-year-wonders is can they stay healthy.

RG3, Wentz, Saquon Barkley, LVE, etc. are just a few of the NFC East "going to change everything" players who showed glimpses of something special their first year only to get injured and never live up to the expectations their team's fans had.

Parsons is an amazing player, one of the best defensive push rushers I have seen in a very long time, but here we are in year two and he is already dealing with injuries.

As I said last season, as great as Parsons is I will hold the anointing oil through 3 seasons before labeling him as destined for the HoF.

I greatly admire his ability to perform at a high level through injuries and sickness so far.

While the Cowboys defense is good even without Parsons, there is no question he elevates their defense every play he is on the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Love the idea of this post, but DWare was an MVP candidate and oh yeah we have the best OG in football... also, I'm pretty sure Bob Lilly took over some games in his day.
Our Doomsday defenses with Lilly did take over games , but more as a unit collectively . And he had other HOF talent to support him. I’ve been a fan for over 60 years . I grew up watching Lilly and he’s one of my fav players .

Perhaps I’ve just been so hungry for a generational talent to elevate this franchise from where it’s been this era. But this kid is special . We haven’t had a player take over games like this since at least the 90’s. I get goose bumps watching his Impact.

If Cowboy fans, even as disgusted and frustrated as I’ve been this era, can’t get excited about what he brings to our franchise , then again I can’t help you.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We for sure hit with this kid. Was playing with a hurt groin and still getting to the qb. I hope he is healthy enough to play passing downs at least. I sure don’t want him injured badly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
...pfft... lets just wait for playoffs, when or if they come.

Then we can talk saviours.. ;)..
Playoffs prob not even a possibility without Parsons and this defense . Especially with a bottom tier offense this year.

But the lack of a better defense is what’s been holding this franchise back in Romo and Dak eras in playoffs .

zerofill

Reaction score
The thing with Parsons is he takes over games even when he isn't part of making the play.

Like when Jason Hatcher had his great year... it was because the offenses were concerned with managing Ware.

Many people complained that Ware wasn't doing good... I think it was the 2013 season. But, he was the reason Hatcher had success.

Parsons and DLAW are the reason this defense is successful.

I was watching a bunch of video on the Rams game...

If any of you guys watch the film... you know LVE could be making massive plays as well. He actually
reads the offense well. But, he doesn't commit, he plays it too safe. He actually has great instincts on
how the play will go. If he actually acted on his instincts, he would have an insane amount of TFLs.

It is a shame he doesn't commit, and prefers to let the play last longer to confirm what he thought
would happen.

But Parsons... that dude is hungry. He is starving... He has hunger pains lol...

I saw on one of the shows they said coach asked him if he could still goo with that groin. I guess
Parsons told the coach if I am still alive I can go lol.

That is what I want to hear! HAHA