CFZ Enjoy the ride Cowboy fans, our Savior has arrived

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The problem with all first-year-wonders is can they stay healthy.

RG3, Wentz, Saquon Barkley, LVE, etc. are just a few of the NFC East "going to change everything" players who showed glimpses of something special their first year only to get injured and never live up to the expectations their team's fans had.

Parsons is an amazing player, one of the best defensive push rushers I have seen in a very long time, but here we are in year two and he is already dealing with injuries.

As I said last season, as great as Parsons is I will hold the anointing oil through 3 seasons before labeling him as destined for the HoF.

I greatly admire his ability to perform at a high level through injuries and sickness so far.

While the Cowboys defense is good even without Parsons, there is no question he elevates their defense every play he is on the field.
It's fairly clear he's on another level. I'm not sure what else needs to be proven.

Einstein

Reaction score
Look, I didn't say Micah doesn't get me excited, isn't FUN to watch, and/or isn't a STUD, but don't sell others short is all I am saying...

Ekspozed

Reaction score
And to think...

Jerry would have taken Horn or Surtain instead.
They both have been great. Many teams at the time would have taken then over parsons. That's why parsons fell to where he did. Wasn't just Jerry who wanted other players.

I'm also willing to bet leading up to the draft parsons wasn't who you wanted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They both have been great. Many teams at the time would have taken then over parsons. That's why parsons fell to where he did. Wasn't just Jerry who wanted other players.

I'm also willing to bet leading up to the draft parsons wasn't who you wanted.
I wanted a QB just like every year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll give credit where credit is due. Show me a post where you said before the draft that he would become a monster pass rusher and I'll tip my hat to you and say you're a better talent evaluator than I am. I'll wait right here...

you don’t have to believe me. Not that I could do the research anyway.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Something that has really impressed me about Parsons, other than his incredible physical gifts, is his savvy as a player. The way he takes down QBs and avoids penalties and his uncanny instincts to jump into coverage. The dude is simply amazing.

Bugsy12

Reaction score
We’ve all been waiting for Jethro and this dysfunctional organization to get lucky. And not many have been more critical than I have of this era. Many who have argued with me have said we just need Jethro to get lucky.

I’ve always said you need to know when to recognize when it’s time to appreciate greatness. And that I would welcome leading the cheers once it arrived . Well, I’m here to say our lotto winning ticket has arrived .

Parsons is impacting games like we haven’t seen in this era . We had all been hoping one of our QB’s would be enough to elevate us to greatness which has never happened although they have propped up an otherwise dormant franchise this era . But this kid is a generational talent. He can carry the weight of this franchise.

Our 1st MVP caliber talent since Emmitt. This kid if we can surround him with enough and keep him healthy could take us all the way. Shoot, he’s elevating everyone around . We may not need much more. Just get out of the way and or don’t hinder it.

We have some awesome HOFamers in our history on defense but none single handed who took over games like this. I sit and gaze in disbelief that he’s on our team. And all because our original draft picks were snagged right in front of us. How lucky is that.

We should all get on our knees and be thankful that Jethro’s golden goose may have finally arrived . Hopefully the old coot doesn’t find a way to screw this up.
The defensive version of Mahomes. About time this happened to us!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We’ve all been waiting for Jethro and this dysfunctional organization to get lucky. And not many have been more critical than I have of this era. Many who have argued with me have said we just need Jethro to get lucky.

I’ve always said you need to know when to recognize when it’s time to appreciate greatness. And that I would welcome leading the cheers once it arrived . Well, I’m here to say our lotto winning ticket has arrived .

Parsons is impacting games like we haven’t seen in this era . We had all been hoping one of our QB’s would be enough to elevate us to greatness which has never happened although they have propped up an otherwise dormant franchise this era . But this kid is a generational talent. He can carry the weight of this franchise.

Our 1st MVP caliber talent since Emmitt. This kid if we can surround him with enough and keep him healthy could take us all the way. Shoot, he’s elevating everyone around . We may not need much more. Just get out of the way and or don’t hinder it.

We have some awesome HOFamers in our history on defense but none single handed who took over games like this. I sit and gaze in disbelief that he’s on our team. And all because our original draft picks were snagged right in front of us. How lucky is that.

We should all get on our knees and be thankful that Jethro’s golden goose may have finally arrived . Hopefully the old coot doesn’t find a way to screw this up.
I am concerned about his health.
He is small for a defensive end, and has already gotten injured.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The problem with all first-year-wonders is can they stay healthy.

RG3, Wentz, Saquon Barkley, LVE, etc. are just a few of the NFC East "going to change everything" players who showed glimpses of something special their first year only to get injured and never live up to the expectations their team's fans had.

Parsons is an amazing player, one of the best defensive push rushers I have seen in a very long time, but here we are in year two and he is already dealing with injuries.

As I said last season, as great as Parsons is I will hold the anointing oil through 3 seasons before labeling him as destined for the HoF.

I greatly admire his ability to perform at a high level through injuries and sickness so far.

While the Cowboys defense is good even without Parsons, there is no question he elevates their defense every play he is on the field.

Not to mention, if you believe Stephen Jones, the LBer position has more injuries than any other position.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There is only one worthy of the term Savior so please do not use it on a football player.