CFZ Enjoy the ride Cowboy fans, our Savior has arrived

foofighters

Reaction score
We’ve all been waiting for Jethro and this dysfunctional organization to get lucky. And not many have been more critical than I have of this era. Many who have argued with me have said we just need Jethro to get lucky.

I’ve always said you need to know when to recognize when it’s time to appreciate greatness. And that I would welcome leading the cheers once it arrived . Well, I’m here to say our lotto winning ticket has arrived .

Parsons is impacting games like we haven’t seen in this era . We had all been hoping one of our QB’s would be enough to elevate us to greatness which has never happened although they have propped up an otherwise dormant franchise this era . But this kid is a generational talent. He can carry the weight of this franchise.

Our 1st MVP caliber talent since Emmitt. This kid if we can surround him with enough and keep him healthy could take us all the way. Shoot, he’s elevating everyone around . We may not need much more. Just get out of the way and or don’t hinder it.

We have some awesome HOFamers in our history on defense but none single handed who took over games like this. I sit and gaze in disbelief that he’s on our team. And all because our original draft picks were snagged right in front of us. How lucky is that.

We should all get on our knees and be thankful that Jethro’s golden goose may have finally arrived . Hopefully the old coot doesn’t find a way to screw this up.
It really helps to get some interior push on our Dline. DWare really never got that much.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The thing with Parsons is he takes over games even when he isn't part of making the play.

Like when Jason Hatcher had his great year... it was because the offenses were concerned with managing Ware.

Many people complained that Ware wasn't doing good... I think it was the 2013 season. But, he was the reason Hatcher had success.

Parsons and DLAW are the reason this defense is successful.

I was watching a bunch of video on the Rams game...

If any of you guys watch the film... you know LVE could be making massive plays as well. He actually
reads the offense well. But, he doesn't commit, he plays it too safe. He actually has great instincts on
how the play will go. If he actually acted on his instincts, he would have an insane amount of TFLs.

It is a shame he doesn't commit, and prefers to let the play last longer to confirm what he thought
would happen.

But Parsons... that dude is hungry. He is starving... He has hunger pains lol...

I saw on one of the shows they said coach asked him if he could still goo with that groin. I guess
Parsons told the coach if I am still alive I can go lol.

That is what I want to hear! HAHA
That’s ok but if he goes and it extends or worsens his injury then it’s not ok. We need him to live to play another game not just another play. Injuries have to managed as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It really helps to get some interior push on our Dline. DWare really never got that much.
Yep

Ware had a pretty decent front 4. A couple pro bowlers with Ratliff. Best we’ve probably had this era up until now .

Im not trying to diminish our other great and or HOFamers . But I think this is different . We had arguably an average defense before Parsons arrived . This is monumental. Parsons has transformed our defense .

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
That’s ok but if he goes and it extends or worsens his injury then it’s not ok. We need him to live to play another game not just another play. Injuries have to managed as well.

I agree you have to save them from themselves often... But, too many of these players don't have heart, and want to be the best. They want to be taken out of the game.
I like seeing some old school attitude.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree you have to save them from themselves often... But, too many of these players don't have heart, and want to be the best. They want to be taken out of the game.
I like seeing some old school attitude.
I hear ya but again there is a fine line .

Parsons looked like he was really hurting. I’ve had a groin pull and hernia surgery. Can’t frikin walk.

We had the game pretty well locked up. I’m not sure that was the smart thing to do.

We can call it heroic but we could also call it stupid if he’s not a 100% next week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Love the idea of this post, but DWare was an MVP candidate and oh yeah we have the best OG in football... also, I'm pretty sure Bob Lilly took over some games in his day.

Ware didnt impact games the way Parsons is doing. Parsons is making big plays at key moments.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you Carolina and Denver.
In a way did we get lucky?
Who is to say what really would have happened.

All I know now and all I care about we got a defensive player that is a huge difference maker. Not just in games but for the entire defense. Allowing Quinn to game plan as to OC changing their game plans to accommodate for Micah. Therefore opening up other players to do their jobs better.

This is the type of players and defense I been wanting for over 20 years. One that can carry the team for when the offense is down or struggles.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Some of us knew.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Show me a post where you said before the draft that he would become a monster pass rusher and I'll tip my hat to you and say you're a better talent evaluator than I am. I'll wait right here...

ESisback

Reaction score
I'll give credit where credit is due. Show me a post where you said before the draft that he would become a monster pass rusher and I'll tip my hat to you and say you're a better talent evaluator than I am. I'll wait right here...

Oh, just give it up! He’s #1!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Oh, just give it up! He’s #1!

Sorry man, but when people try to talk out of their a** to make themselves look smarter than everyone else, they should back it up.

And no doubt he's #1. He's the heart and soul of the defense, and probably the whole team too.

plymkr

Reaction score
Parsons is a bad man. D Ware never carried the team anything like this.
I feel D Ware got a lot of sacks and pressures but he was a nice guy. Which is great off the field. Parsons is a true Alpha. Parsons dinged up his groin, was limping around and motioned to the sidelines that he's staying in. Then he made the game sealing play. That's Emmitt Smith type stuff. That's Emmitt Smith separating his shoulder against the Giants and still competing. That's Michael Irvin's competitiveness. That's Darren Woodson material. D Ware was great but he didn't have that "I'd rather die than lose this game mentality". I would say Romo had it, Witten, Barber, Dez. But those players were nothing like the 90s Cowboys.

Parsons is a 90s Cowboy just placed in this generation. I feel Parsons is the best player I've seen in a Cowboys uniform since the 90s both in talent and competitiveness. I just hope he stays healthy and this groin heals up.

plymkr

Reaction score
This positive thread probably won’t stay up long on front page but if Cowboy fans can’t get fired up about Parsons and his impact , then I can’t help you.
Thank you @Diehardblues . If we can't all get fired up and be positive about Parsons without arguing about something, then it'll prove that some people just have to be argumentative and unhappy. Parsons literally changed the mentality of this team from being soft to being feared. He's carried the defense and the defense has carried the rest of the team. Parsons for MVP.