Eric Berry meeting over. Expects to meet with other teams

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Maybe he wants too much money. Why pay the guy just to get injured and end up starting heath anyway?

What is "too much"? Frankly, from the Stephen Jones who literally laughed and mocked people who brought up salary cap problems, he's sure as heck afraid to give out a big contract or overpay.

I'm tired of hearing about it. Somehow, most other teams are able to sign a guy like Berry every offseason and have reasonable cap space in the future.

Everybody is too much for us except "our guys". Not buying it - both Jerry and Stephen are in over their heads. Always have been.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
LOL the point of even visiting? He's going to end up on a one year deal with whatever team he lands on due to his injury history. The Jones boys couldn't get this done?

Who do they send out there to talk to these guys?
Cheapo Stephen...Honest offer special...

BigD49

Reaction score
Pretty safe to assume that given his injury history, no team will offer any contract until they have a chance to evaluate him medically, which is likely what today's meeting was about. Pretty logical that they'd take some time to download internally, discuss their findings and then make a contract offer

DezNuts

Reaction score
Maybe they didn't like what they saw in the medical if he took one

lostar2009

Reaction score
LOL the point of even visiting? He's going to end up on a one year deal with whatever team he lands on due to his injury history. The Jones boys couldn't get this done?

Knowing SJ he pull out the cheap stuff, wine. Even had malt liquor .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The point of visiting is the same as the point of visiting colleges, or touring houses to buy, or interviewing for jobs. It’s testing the waters ... dipping a toe in. “Visit” is not synonymous with “contract negation”.

The guy is naturally going to search for whoever is willing to pay him closest to the player he used to be.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Would not be shocked if the Cowboys officially sign Clayton Geathers soon instead.

We have no idea how Berry checked out medically, let's not forget that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is "too much"? Frankly, from the Stephen Jones who literally laughed and mocked people who brought up salary cap problems, he's sure as heck afraid to give out a big contract or overpay.

I'm tired of hearing about it. Somehow, most other teams are able to sign a guy like Berry every offseason and have reasonable cap space in the future.

Everybody is too much for us except "our guys". Not buying it - both Jerry and Stephen are in over their heads. Always have been.

I agree they could make room to have signed most of these safeties if they wanted. I would be a little reluctant with ET and even more so with Berry due to their recent injury history.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m not shocked. He’s a former all pro. Wants to do his due diligence. Well see what happens.

conner01

Reaction score
I am fine with this. The guy is broken down
I don’t get why people think we should give him what he wants
If he can even still play the only offer I’d give is close to min base and some nice incentives
You get paid if you play and produce

Hardline

Reaction score
I wonder if Dallas will get a chance to match the highest offer?