Eric Berry meeting over. Expects to meet with other teams

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Glad they didnt get this done. Berrys foot is a real problem and them foot problems just dont go away without surgery. Something he didnt want to do. Rather have a rookie come in and compete with Heath

Jipper

Reaction score
This was expected as it was his first visit....no surprises but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back

Mr_437

Reaction score
Ok, so now DAL knows Eric Berry's medicals...up the offer to Geathers and get that deal done.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This was known ahead of time. Berry is not in a rush and had every intention of visiting multiple teams before signing.

Don't you guys pay attention?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
mock your own team, gripe complain, be know it all, internet GM if they are horrible and mockable, go support another team.. Jerry and Stephen will be here until they die..your disdain and hate and mocking wont change thing..

make ton of sense, you follow them just to mock them. snowflakes..go blog somehwere

the last ownership only won 2 superbowls in 30 years Jerry has 3..that has to hurt

I'm curious if fans who take personal offense to anyone criticizing the performance of the jobs-for-life Jones boys actually feel that strongly about them or are just experiencing Stockholm Syndrome because they know the Joneses aren't going anywhere?

Regardless, Jerry owns 3 rings AND being one of only 3 NFC teams who haven't reached a CCG in over 20 years. The longer that streak continues the more apparent it becomes that the real brain behind building those champions left Dallas a long time ago, at Jerry's behest.

lostar2009

Reaction score
What other stuff is there to pull out with a guy who has missed 29 of his team’s last 32 games?

Guy probably had a bad stretch. Recall this team thinking D Ware was wash up? Can't fault the guy for getting cancer. The ACL and heel thing is probably what they really wanted to look into.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fan =/= can't criticize

You can be that fan - don't attempt to get in the way of people with legitimate gripes with an FO that hasn't found success in 30 years. If this was any other job, they would have been fired 20+ years ago.
first off if you have the right or ability to mock other especially ones you do not know personally, that leaves you open to equal mocking from others..now go cry on your blog about being treated unfairly..:rolleyes:o_O

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And that's what he will get. Which is why I'm saying the Jones boys not getting this done is funny - these players pretty much just come in for a tour and a dinner these days before telling them to peace out.
SJ perfected the 1 year prove it deal. My guess is that Berry asked for more based on rep. Or his physical was a factor.

zerofill

Reaction score
I think some people remember what he was...

But he hasn't been that 3 of the last 5 seasons.

Especially the past 2 seasons...

How much is he worth now?

I imagine he is going to have to shop around to find the highest bidder. Because he probably doesn't
even know what he is worth now...3 games in the past two seasons leaves a lot of "IFs" hanging around.

We got him cheap, it would be worth a shot... or an incentive based contract.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I actually think we might have dodged a bullet. Yes, he was good for a few seasons with the Chiefs, but I don't think he'd fit as well. I'd rather take Geathers on our team personally.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guy probably had a bad stretch. Recall this team thinking D Ware was wash up? Can't fault the guy for getting cancer. The ACL and heel thing is probably what they really wanted to look into.
Probably? Lol.

Missing 91% of the games over 2 years IS a bad stretch. In fact, calling it a bad stretch is a gross understatement.

DeMarcus Ware only missed 14 games his entire career. Berry missed 29 the last 2 years alone. Not quite the same.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not like Stephen has a ton of experience dealing with this type of free agent. How you figure his market if you're throwing the first pitch? The two sides taking time to meet face-to-face obviously show serious interest IMO but I wouldn't say Stephen low balled him at all. In fact, considering the number of games he missed the last few years, he's not exactly in a position of leverage. In fact, if he can show he's healthy, the starting S job is probably his. What more can he be looking for?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
first off if you have the right or ability to mock other especially ones you do not know personally, that leaves you open to equal mocking from others..now go cry on your blog about being treated unfairly..:rolleyes:o_O
You really called him a snowflake?:facepalm::huh::lmao2:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What is "too much"? Frankly, from the Stephen Jones who literally laughed and mocked people who brought up salary cap problems, he's sure as heck afraid to give out a big contract or overpay.

I'm tired of hearing about it. Somehow, most other teams are able to sign a guy like Berry every offseason and have reasonable cap space in the future.

Everybody is too much for us except "our guys". Not buying it - both Jerry and Stephen are in over their heads. Always have been.
Considering the DLaw situation it may be safe to say "our guys" are too much now.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
How many of these people crying about we low balled him, being cheap, and all that about Randall Cobb?

Worked out pretty well on the Cobb deal, we got a better younger version of Beasley for a lot less money.