Eric Berry visits Tuesday

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So would you bros rather have Berry or Geathers? Taking money out of it.

Geathers is young and can't stay healthy, but is a solid run-stopping safety when he is healthy. Berry is old and can't stay healthy, but is one of the best free safeties in the game when he is health.

My pick would be the better player, which is Berry.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'd rather have 3-4 4th tier depth signings than a bonfire NFL caliber signing

So you prefer depth over difference makers. I'm in complete disagreement with that. Give me one playmaker. Depth is easier to find.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Xavier Woods does not approve of this. His feelings will be hurt and he feels disrespected.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That is complete supposition.

No, it is a realistic analysis given that Berry has played very little in the last two years.

But please, keep arguing. I know nobody here will believe it but you used to actually good stuff to this board. Really, kids this is true! Go back to being that guy.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Lol..so that we can say we tried. No chance we sign him if we didn't go after some if these other guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
get ready folks..." made our best HONEST OFFER." BUT BUT BUT...you know the rest.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We think. Same variables in play now as with them.

Exactly. How many of those previous cheap signings that we made produced players who put us over the top. Those who are praising these signings point to Antwaun Woods as the type of player they can be produce. That's true and it's what we hope for.

But for every Woods, you end up with a Hurns, Deonte Thompson, Joe Thomas, Cameron Fleming, Kony Ealy, etc. ... good backups and special teammers at best.

I don't see anything so far that Dallas has done that I can say is proof that the team has improved over 2018. I'll hope, but that's as far as I can take it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
woods just needs to stop and play well. Why is he worried? If he is good enough, then nothing will change.If he isn't, its on him. This is the NFL,no guarantees.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Exactly. How many of those previous cheap signings that we made produced players who put us over the top. Those who are praising these signings point to Antwaun Woods as the type of player they can be produce. That's true and it's what we hope for.

But for every Woods, you end up with a Hurns, Deonte Thompson, Joe Thomas, Cameron Fleming, Kony Ealy, etc. ... good backups and special teammers at best.

I don't see anything so far that Dallas has done that I can say is proof that the team has improved over 2018. I'll hope, but that's as far as I can take it.
Hope has always been a strategy with this organization in terms of talent acquisition.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you prefer depth over difference makers. I'm in complete disagreement with that. Give me one playmaker. Depth is easier to find.
Yeah but I think it’s easier to find depth than difference makers. Your difference makers will have to come from the draft or already on your team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The thing is though you can’t be solid in the draft and then get upset when you have to pay those players. Free agency is about overpaying. So down the road is it worth letting one of our difference makers go in favor of a guy who another team didn’t want?

gimmesix

Reaction score
The thing is though you can’t be solid in the draft and then get upset when you have to pay those players. Free agency is about overpaying. So down the road is it worth letting one of our difference makers go in favor of a guy who another team didn’t want?

Philly used a combination of drafting and free agency to reach the Super Bowl. LA did the same thing last year. There may be sacrifices that you have to make down the line, but unless you are New England, it isn't likely that you are going to be a Super Bowl contender every year.

However, I believe it's a myth to think you can't sign your own difference makers and add a couple in free agency. Contracts can be managed and balanced in ways to let you do that.

dallas72

Reaction score
I hope like hell we sign him.

He's better than Heath and his leadership skills are unquestioned. Remember how Woodson helped Roy early in his career? Eric could do the same. He was beloved in Kansas City and we could use him if nothing else to stabilize the position.

If Garrett is really all about culture - here's your guy.
Berry is FS so he wont replace Heath..Xavier Woods will he moved to SS

dallas72

Reaction score
People laugh, joke, and complain but the Cowboys covered all their bases with low risk, high reward signings so far.

If they get Eric Berry I am happy until the draft. Even if he's no longer the player he was, his influence on the young guys would be immeasurable.
If hes healthy could he a steal w his leadership

Jipper

Reaction score
Get er done Jerry! We need a good backup for Heath.

even though you are trying to be funny there is some truth to this....berry has played 3 games in the past 2 years bc of injuries...

give it to this fan base to get over the moon excited bc were looking at an oft injured 30 safety with a name they know...but hey some of you guys keep thinking you are smarter than the fo..

only way berry makes sense is if injury is clean and deal is fair...you can't chance overpaying for this guy...