Eric Reid Thread **read before posting**

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING! ***

I am creating this thread because all previous attempts to discuss this free agent have been hijacked by either pro-protest or anti-protest users.

I want to be clear that this thread will not be locked or deleted! ... More importantly, this thread will be monitored heavily and regularly for any direct, indirect, reference, innuendo, etc. comment related to protests, kneeling, Kaepernick, etc. and that includes comments like, "you know why", "what we cannot talk about", "he's a cancer", etc. This ALSO includes pro-protest users baiting anti-protest users into posting about the protests.

If you are incapable of following the many warnings about the site not allowing political, protest, etc. posts, then you should do everyone a favor and avoid this thread!

There will be no more warnings ... if you in any way reference protests, expect your account to be suspended.

For more information read the announcement thread ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/rea...-posts-are-not-allowed-on-cowboyszone.387152/

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I think Eric Reid continuing to whine about how no one is signing him is making things worse for himself If I were a GM, though, I'd sign him if there was a need for a rotational player. But he's not a game changer.

John813

Reaction score
Like guys like Boston over him. I would assume the fo either is comfortable with status quo or they are looking at the draft again. Cause there are some decent safeties out there for cheaper than expected, or last year numbers.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Still think it's ironic that he's there for us AGAIN. Same as his draft year, lot's of talk that we might take him with our first pic in that draft BUT we trade down and get Fredbeard for SF's pick. They move up and take Reid. Now's he's available again and we just restructured Fredbeard. See the irony?!

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Luckily things worked out with getting Frederick (in hind sight), but that trade-down could've been seen as one of the worst trade-back deals of the decade if Frederick had been mediocre. Seriously, SF went from #31 down to #18 with only giving up a 3rd rd. pick? I was ready to punch the screen when that trade was announced.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Luckily things worked out with getting Frederick (in hind sight), but that trade-down could've been seen as one of the worst trade-back deals of the decade if Frederick had been mediocre. Seriously, SF went from #31 down to #18 with only giving up a 3rd rd. pick? I was ready to punch the screen when that trade was announced.

It worked out well. Be happy :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

It was Wilcox we got in the trade down wasn't it. Or was it T Will? Anyway it was a home run with Fredbeard. A single with T Will, a bunt with Wilcox. It's baseball season

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It was Wilcox we got in the trade down wasn't it. Or was it T Will? Anyway it was a home run with Fredbeard. A single with T Will, a bunt with Wilcox. It's baseball season

TWILL, and the Cowboys would have picked him at 62 anyway, so it made no difference in the players picked. Cowboys got two 5 year starters with that trade, including a perennial All-Pro.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if he wants back in the club, he;; take a lot less soon when he realizes there are limited suitors..In that scanrio, hes be worth a visit..

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're the only one who wants to talk about Reid.
Actually, I do not want the Cowboys to sign him because I like the guys we have.

That said, I am also someone who believes in preventing people who don't like a player, especially for agenda-based reasons, from attacking and shutting out those who have different opinions about that player. I may not agree with with one side as a fan, but as the site owner, I am not going to let a few people dictate which players fans are allowed to discuss here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We should probably just ban his name from this site. You can't ask someone to speak on him and have limitations to what you can say. Would just be better off not talking about him at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's not going to happen. It's just as easy for the staff to suspend users and solve the problem.
Isnt this the 4th thread on Eric Reid? All keep getting shut down. You can suspend and ban users if you want but these threads all keep ending the same. You can't have a honest conversation on Eric Reid here without it getting shut down.