Eric Reid Thread **read before posting**

lukin2006

Reaction score
I had to google search him. I’m not as up to date on all these potential FA. He’s only 26, would he not be better than heath?

RoboQB

Reaction score
I

I have no doubt Reid can play center-fielder in this defense. But I do have worries about his health. He considered retiring at one point already because of head injuries. Reid would have to come in with a friendly deal. Boston should be the target.

You're kind of all over the map here. I can't tell if you're arguing, agreeing, or trying to tell me what I already know and said... lol

Scotman

Reaction score
The concussions scare the tar out of me. This guy came into the league and looked like a star. He hasn't disappeared, but he also isn't a massive upgrade IMO over the potential we have. I truly believe we need a defense-heavy draft and a WR or stud TE. If we signed this guy to a cheap 2-year deal, I'd bet we'd be looking for another safety WITHIN the 2 years.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Some think Reid is a box safety but he only moved into the box because 49ers had no one else who could do the job in the box. He did a great job at FS before moving into the box. The best two free agents at safety left or Tre Boston and Eric Reid. If we can get one of them, then it improves our defense although does not preclude us drafting a safety. Would love to draft James but unless he falls into the 13-17 range, then doubt we even try to move up for him.

plymkr

Reaction score
3 ints in last three years. 9 missed games in last two years.
He was very good right out of college. Injuries have done him in.
True, I was taking a shot at the defense out of frustration and I honestly don't know too much about Reid. I was venting about the D. Can't miss an opportunity to do that. Tho I do hope we sign a veteran safety, but maybe not Reid, if he only has 3 picks in 3 years. Lol, that's Byron Jones's type of numbers.

WhizKid

Reaction score
You're kind of all over the map here. I can't tell if you're arguing, agreeing, or trying to tell me what I already know and said... lol

It's that grey area. Little bit of this, little bit that. Lol

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Some think Reid is a box safety but he only moved into the box because 49ers had no one else who could do the job in the box. He did a great job at FS before moving into the box. The best two free agents at safety left or Tre Boston and Eric Reid. If we can get one of them, then it improves our defense although does not preclude us drafting a safety. Would love to draft James but unless he falls into the 13-17 range, then doubt we even try to move up for him.
Reid's range is average at best - not ideal for single high. His strength is in the box.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't see a name S being signed in free agency or traded for before the draft. Reid and Thomas would both be up-grades, but there are some very good FS types in the draft beyond round 1. I think we are happy enough with Heath, Frazure, Woods, and the flexibility of Jones that they will see how the draft falls first. With our team, it would be better to find another safety in the draft who is younger and cheaper.

After the draft, if one or two of the guys we have rated highly isn't sitting there for us, then we can always come back to this, especially if we see Seattle draft a S.

John813

Reaction score
I think the longer these guys sit, the better it'll be for a cheap 1 year prove it(again) deal.
Something that may have low guarantees and incentives based off numbers/probowl etc.

Signing someone like Boston, Reid, Parker, etc to a cheap deal so we don't have to reach/bring in real competition to the young guys would only make us better. Reid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blanton in terms of competition for Frazier, Heath and Woods.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Reids best playing days are behind him. That's apparently what the 49ers think , and they know him way better than we do.