ESPN 2024 FA Cheat Sheet: Cowboys predicted to be one of least active teams

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What a bummer of an offseason. :(

Not in rumors for any of the top free agents including 2 great DTs in their prime. (Chris Jones & Christian Wilkins)

That defense isn’t far from being great again with just a few tweaks and good additions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ms-predictions-contract-quarterbacks-sleepers

Which teams could be quiet in free agency?​

i

Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys are at a significant inflection point, with a good amount of cap resources to extend their stars -- QB Dak Prescott, WR CeeDee Lamband LB Micah Parsons -- over the next year. But it will leave them with little room to sign external free agents. However, they do have to decide whether they should re-sign Tyron Smith -- who is unlikely to return -- Tony Pollard and Stephon Gilmore.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If they ignore LB and OL you will know exactly how "all-in" they really are.
No splashy signings at those positions but some good bargains at least. Hopefully we see something. With some of the draft picks missing this year and the need for positions greater than previous years, especially with a disappointing draft last year, I think they need to consider free agency more than they usually do, but oh well….

vlad

Reaction score

jgboys1

Reaction score
We just had 3 back to back to back 12-4 seasons and made the playoffs.

What more could you ask for?

This team is going places! I don't know where, but we are going places.

rambo2

Reaction score

Carson

Reaction score
I think the common misconception with fans is they say “Oh no! Dallas won’t be big spenders!”

We just want to sign somebody significant for once. Sign Willie Gay, Grover Stewart and the fan base would do literal cartwheels

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Oh they’ll be active but it’ll uneventful. Look for guys like but not limited to Kendrick’s, Harrison smith if he’s released, Hankins re-signed, pollard back on a tea, friendly contract and the sell will be “internal improvement”, new scheme, guys coming back off injury, hoping draft picks are day 1 players etc.

Disappointing but expected. They’ll have a real good team again next year most likely but moves like these don’t really bridge the gap we need to bridge but let’s see if they somehow surprise us.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think the common misconception with fans is they say “Oh no! Dallas won’t be big spenders!”

We just want to sign somebody significant for once. Sign Willie Gay, Grover Stewart and the fan base would do literal cartwheels

This. We don’t need a spending spree but maybe not discount shopping either