ESPN 2024 FA Cheat Sheet: Cowboys predicted to be one of least active teams

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a bummer of an offseason. :(

Not in rumors for any of the top free agents including 2 great DTs in their prime. (Chris Jones & Christian Wilkins)
That is the exact reason to NOT read any of this free agency stuff right now. Chris Jones isn't going anywhere. Everyone knows that. So while he is a FA he really isn't. That's why there are no rumors about the Cowboys (or any team) being interested.

The Cowboys will sing some FA's. Just have some patience.

shabazz

Reaction score
To be fair, the Cowboys aren't the only team set in their ways. The mediocre Steelers are lauded because they stick with mediocrity and won't spend money on an elite FA quarteback.....they call it the"Steeler Way", but it not working there either.

3 playoff wins for them in the last 13 years and the media calls them successful

The point is that we need to stop with the same philosophy that has given us 2 playoff wins since 2016

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's what all in means. We are all in on our guys. Sooner or later they have to show up against a real contender right? lol
of course the expectations would they would be showing up but how is it that all these coveted free agents not staying with their teams why did their teams not feel they're worth the money or the cap hit why are they available they are not the be all end all saviors for teams I've seen dream teams I've seen lots of big name free agents I don't know like Jamal Adams guys like that that some of y'all wanted just turned out to be mistakes for other teams they get injured they don't fit in they don't quite get the scheme or they got the money and then we're a big let down how is that any different than signing your own players some teams allow their stars to go early and some late some on time but this is not a Cowboys issue literally every team that allows these coveted free agents in fans minds when they let them go they're weakening their own team and if they don't have the money to spend on them that means they're getting lesser players to fill in most teams can't get away with that unless maybe you're Kansas City or New England they've gotten lucky without having to dip into the big free agent pool it still kept their team going....

I feel this fan base doesn't understand the carousel of moving players from one team to another filling holes every one that leaves has a hole left that needs to be filled by somebody that hole is usually left because they don't feel that player was good enough to pay that money anymore and yet our fan base thinks we should pay them because it's a guarantee that we're going to be better that these players are going to show up in the big games I mean if they're those players why are they being released and if in some cases like Bobby Wagner can still play and he's one of the few I've seen that would have been worth the risk two years ago maybe sign a two year deal where the help fill a hole and he's still was pretty good..​
But many like Von Miller Jamal Adams many others if you want to talk about the quarterbacks and Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers and deshaun Watson I know those were trades and I'm just saying big names and paying guys big money for the first couple weeks of free agency doesn't guarantee you squat no more than paying your own guys.. There's a fine line you can make a mistake like say jalen Smith that was a mistake and they had to cut them and they had to eat that I mean no team is perfect everyone makes mistakes but there is no blueprint there is no magic guarantees that making big moves in free agency get you anywhere.​
sometimes, maybe when a team is one player away, close or there's one player away on each side of the ball that will put them over the top ;like say sanders and haley did for the 90s cowboys iot can work.
But in many cases being the winner and the 1st 10 days of free agency does not work out for most teams... I'm not against them trying to make a big move and being a little more risky this year but let's be honest here you all think if they just make a few bigger moves in day one that it's gonna change our playoffs failures. Right ,17 games and many practices away from that goal, these guys can get hurt, suspended or just not fit in.​

Chasing6

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is the exact reason to NOT read any of this free agency stuff right now. Chris Jones isn't going anywhere. Everyone knows that. So while he is a FA he really isn't. That's why there are no rumors about the Cowboys (or any team) being interested.

The Cowboys will sing some FA's. Just have some patience.
sing lol, that would be pretty funny for the Jerry Jones family they're singing the names of who they are bringing on... Joke I know you meant sign... :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loyalty. ... . Fans hanging on hoping that the team will have playoff success despite the FO.
A true fan … for all teams ….
Why do teams like the Lions and Browns and others have full stadiums? True fans.

Mannix

Reaction score
This sorry organization absolutely REFUSES to risk having even ONE mediocre season for the greater good....as much as I now have ZERO respect for Booger, I admit that he still does humor me now and then....Chuckles on the other hand, I truly despise and would like to punch square in his big fat face....he is 100% the cause of this mess!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If the Cowboys retained Gilmore, signed Kendricks, signed an RB (Henry, Pollard, or someone else), then filled out the oline with guy or 2 with starting experience but most of time as a backup. Then went into the draft heavily focused on OL, DT, LB, and added an RB as well how you feeling about the offseason?

Based on the current trends this is what its looking like. Maybe we end up adding someone via trade like we did with Gilmore or Cooks last year.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What a bummer of an offseason. :(

Not in rumors for any of the top free agents including 2 great DTs in their prime. (Chris Jones & Christian Wilkins)

That defense isn’t far from being great again with just a few tweaks and good additions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ms-predictions-contract-quarterbacks-sleepers
Dont believe espn.

My sources are legit and tell me we are all in.

Well they didnt mention the year, but we are all in. Trust me.

And now if you want to support me, feel free to pm me. I will send you my bitcoin adress for you to make a donation. Its blockchain.com so no worries.

Dont be a lamer, donate. Splash the cash. Be all in like your beloved Cowboys. Show you area real fan.

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry thanks you for your loyalty.
I don't think I give him enough money to get that kind of gratuity......just another no buying slob waiting for the team to get a Lombardi in spite of him.

No tickets, no gear, no NFL subscriptions to watch the games.

Nothing, Nada, zero, zilch.

shabazz

Reaction score
If the Cowboys retained Gilmore, signed Kendricks, signed an RB (Henry, Pollard, or someone else), then filled out the oline with guy or 2 with starting experience but most of time as a backup. Then went into the draft heavily focused on OL, DT, LB, and added an RB as well how you feeling about the offseason?

Based on the current trends this is what its looking like. Maybe we end up adding someone via trade like we did with Gilmore or Cooks last year.
Gilmore and Cooks would be fine as #3 guys, but as #2 guys they are slower and past their primes and it showed in the playoffs.

As depth, they are fine but otherwise they are just ok.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I give him enough money to get that kind of gratuity......just another no buying slob waiting for the team to get a Lombardi in spite of him.

No tickets, no gear, no NFL subscriptions to watch the games.

Nothing, Nada, zero, zilch.
Don't sell yourself short, tv ratings lead to bigger TV contracts, talking about them keeps them relative. Again, thank you for your contribution....they're gonna need it to extend Dak.
:muttley:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Who do you expect them to sign? We have no cap space. Sure we could extend Dak and make some room but you're not winning a Super Bowl with him so why even sign anyone at that point? It wouldn't help.

shabazz

Reaction score
Don't sell yourself short, tv ratings lead to bigger TV contracts, talking about them keeps them relative. Again, thank you for your contribution....they're gonna need it to extend Dak.
:muttley:
Yeah, I guess we all may contribute in some minor way. Perhaps when I watch the game on my antenna powered TV, a quarter gets deposited into Jerry's bank account.

As far as extending Dak, it's going to be interesting to see what Jerry does here.

Does he lean into Dak and extend him or make him play the year out on his present contract?

History says he'll extend him and move forward

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I guess we all may contribute in some minor way. Perhaps when I watch the game on my antenna powered TV, a quarter gets deposited into Jerry's bank account.

As far as extending Dak, it's going to be interesting to see what Jerry does here.

Dies he lean into Dak and extend him or make him play the year out on his present contract?

History says he'll extend him and move forward
Yup, I think Dak is a very good QB with a mental block that he needs to overcome. He may need a new team with less of a microscope. That said, if he's back, I'm rooting for him. No sense in wishing he plays poorly.

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys are ALWAYS big players when it comes to free agency!!!!.......................when all the good players are gone and the third wave comes around.