ESPN 2024 FA Cheat Sheet: Cowboys predicted to be one of least active teams

1942willys

Reaction score
No splashy signings at those positions but some good bargains at least. Hopefully we see something. With some of the draft picks missing this year and the need for positions greater than previous years, especially with a disappointing draft last year, I think they need to consider free agency more than they usually do, but oh well….
we are only missing a 4th so I wonder why people harp on this

1942willys

Reaction score
There’s no point in going all in when there’s probably going to be a whole new coaching staff and QB next season.

This is an “all out” season.
yeah, which makes it all the more stupid of Jethro to say it
he was doing the Johnny Walker Red early that day

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Told everyone this blueblood saying it’s way to early to determine that ,I new it by how they are not clearing enough cap space to be active!
It starts on the 13th. They only needed to get below the cap. So around the 20th is the real time they need to clear up some more to bargain hunt.
:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I learned a long time ago not to listen to rumors. They either get you excited or pissed off.
There's already plenty of reasons to get pissed off around here.
:muttley:
And some stay pissed off all the time.
Can’t be good for the health.

I may joke about it at times, and have my pissed off moments, but I will sit back and wait and see. And enjoy the show. Then will enjoy the season. :thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
Chris Jones is staying with the Chiefs. The Cowboys can not get him.
Well if he's not available they'll make sure they pick up a few players PAST their primes....it what they do and it's irrefutable

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next season is a waste.
But you will be watching and posting.
So is it really a waste?

I know I will enjoy the journey of the season. Not just with the Cowboys, but the entire NFL.
Except for the teams I don’t want to win, for when they do win. But that is part of the journey.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Chris Jones is staying with the Chiefs. The Cowboys can not get him.
Exactly the entire premise the Cowboys won't do anything is 6 months too early we'll see what the roster looks like and I don't care how they get to it whether it's trades undrafted free agents the draft and a few free agents the list of true free agents the ones that are truly available we won't know for at least a month franchise tax negotiations and you're right Chris Jones most likely he's not even gonna be on that list unless but everybody thinks he's available to us and we're not gonna get him well there are 31 other teams that are also not gonna get him most likely chiefs are not gonna be stupid and let him go,,,

and there's a much larger list of defensive tackles than just those two guys that are gonna become available or that are already available because while everyone complains we don't sign enough free agents we sign our own players but there's a reason these guys are out there their own team can't afford to sign them therefore there's gonna be holes on all those other teams rosters them looking for guys and it won't be those caliber guys or they would have just kept them..

The player carousel for some reason is not understood here lots of teams are going to be weaker because of letting go of these guys and they're not filling them in with better guys typically or they would have just kept these guys they're too expensive for them to keep therefore now they're going to have to run around looking to fill holes just like us but we won't have as many big holes as them because typically we keep our guys..

With the true free agent list the guys who are truly available we won't know for a few more weeks.... All these rumors all this hyperbole all the nonsense and overreactions are done before the true offseason the true league year hasn't really started yet teams are just trying to figure out where they're at with the cap and making a list of how they want to handle their own players before they start running out getting other players and there's gonna be a lot of guys cut even before game one after the June 1st things there's gonna be more designated players more guys available I mean people around here so full of drama like they wanna complain before it's time to complain...

Let's talk after the last preseason game and we're actually filling out our roster that's when I'll start making predictions and talking about possibilities with the roster...

blueblood70

Reaction score
But you will be watching and posting.
So is it really a waste?

I know I will enjoy the journey of the season. Not just with the Cowboys, but the entire NFL.
Except for the teams I don’t want to win, for when they do win. But that is part of the journey.
That's the thing a lot of people miss a lot of these free agents are available because these teams have been forced to cut them because they can't afford them the salary cap is eating away at their roster therefore there's gonna be a lot of weaker teams a lot of this whole strength of schedule doesn't make any sense because a lot of these teams are losing players I mean look at Buffalo I've never seen a team jettison so many starters already in the last week and they're not even finished I mean they're being cut up.. That would be a whole bunch of teams letting players go that haven't even been let go yet there's gonna be so many more players available in the next two weeks and all the way up to the start of the season with all the June 1st designated cuts there's gonna be players available and yeah everyone's complaining before even any real big moves are being made by any team as far as getting outside free agents or trades or whatever's gonna go down..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the thing a lot of people miss a lot of these free agents are available because these teams have been forced to cut them because they can't afford them the salary cap is eating away at their roster therefore there's gonna be a lot of weaker teams a lot of this whole strength of schedule doesn't make any sense because a lot of these teams are losing players I mean look at Buffalo I've never seen a team jettison so many starters already in the last week and they're not even finished I mean they're being cut up.. That would be a whole bunch of teams letting players go that haven't even been let go yet there's gonna be so many more players available in the next two weeks and all the way up to the start of the season with all the June 1st designated cuts there's gonna be players available and yeah everyone's complaining before even any real big moves are being made by any team as far as getting outside free agents or trades or whatever's gonna go down..
And the funny thing is, if one finds it funny.
It happens to all teams, at some point. And to. Most teams at any given year, in a rotation. but on here they claim it only happens in Dallas.

And yes we should only care about Dallas. But I for one don’t use that against the team I am a fan of.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's what all in means. We are all in on our guys. Sooner or later they have to show up against a real contender right? lol

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif