News: ESPN: Archer: Why Dak Prescott has become the Cowboys' new Tony Romo

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo has had Flozell, Gurode, Davis, Tyron and Martin have all made all pros while Dak was under center. Nice try.

Do you know how to read properly? I said 3 all pros MULTIPLE YEARS.

Gurode was drafted in 2002 and Davis in 2001. Not a single 1 of them sniffed all pro until they played with Romo. Davis was considered a bust. Gurode was part of the crew that allowed over 60 sacks the year before Romo got his first official start. He got benched in 2004 by Parcells. In 2005, he was a backup. That OL couldn’t stop a zone blitz to save its life.

Dak stepped into an OL that had 3 all-pros that played together for multiple years in a row.

Last edited:

KB1122

Reaction score
It's pretty simple. In the regular season, you have 10 or so games against bad or middling teams. In the playoffs, you have three or four games against teams that are in or not far from your range of quality.

In the regular season, you're playing quarterbacks at a variety of talent levels and success levels. In the playoffs, you're going to play mostly other successful quarterbacks, many of whom were first-round draft choices.

To take a fourth-round choice and beat out probably three teams of similar quality being quarterbacked by first-round level talents is a big ask for even an overachiever like Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you know how to read properly? I said 3 all pros MULTIPLE YEARS.

Gurode was drafted in 2002 and Davis in 2001. Not a single 1 of them sniffed all pro until they played with Romo. Davis was considered a bust. Gurode was part of the crew that allowed over 60 sacks the year before Romo got his first official start. He got benched in 2004 by Parcells. In 2005, he was a backup. That OL couldn’t stop a zone blitz to save its life.

Dak stepped into an OL that had 3 all-pros that played together for multiple years in a row.
You tried to play word games to pretend like Romo didn’t have help but I don’t play them games. I was here for all of them. Romo didn’t choke because of his offensive line.

Romo was a good quarterback who needed great players around him to win. He never had it consistently so he fails more times than not. Tom Brady would’ve won a ring with that 2014 and 2007 team. Cam Newton would’ve won one. We just have chokers and maybe it stems from Jerry but the results have been bad.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Davis was a bust but he signed a 50 million dollar deal in 2007 lol….Gurode wasn’t a bust at center. They moved him to center where he flourished. Stop the excuses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao2:

Surely Brady was able to beat the 2007 Giants in the playoffs when he had a much better supporting cast?

You're also talking about the same Cam Newton that never won a Super Bowl winning one with Dallas?
Romo had TO. Cam Newton had….Ted Ginn jr…let’s be for real lol.

Romo had better weapons than Brady in 2007. No doubt in my mind.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You tried to play word games to pretend like Romo didn’t have help but I don’t play them games. I was here for all of them. Romo didn’t choke because of his offensive line.

Romo was a good quarterback who needed great players around him to win. He never had it consistently so he fails more times than not. Tom Brady would’ve won a ring with that 2014 and 2007 team. Cam Newton would’ve won one. We just have chokers and maybe it stems from Jerry but the results have been bad.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Davis was a bust but he signed a 50 million dollar deal in 2007 lol….Gurode wasn’t a bust at center. They moved him to center where he flourished. Stop the excuses.
You don’t seem to understand the concept that some players get better with better players around them. This was proven by MULTIPLE receivers who were nobodies until Romo threw them the ball, e.g., Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, Sam Hurd, etc. It was also something Nate Newton implied as well when Emmitt Smith arrived, when he said something to the effect of “We were bunch of nobodies until Emmitt got here.”

You’re just throwing mud against the wall and hoping it sticks for Romo. He did have some good teams, but never in the trenches on both sides of the ball at the same time, and never had good or great head coaches for any period of time.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
It's pretty simple. In the regular season, you have 10 or so games against bad or middling teams. In the playoffs, you have three or four games against teams that are in or not far from your range of quality.

In the regular season, you're playing quarterbacks at a variety of talent levels and success levels. In the playoffs, you're going to play mostly other successful quarterbacks, many of whom were first-round draft choices.

To take a fourth-round choice and beat out probably three teams of similar quality being quarterbacked by first-round level talents is a big ask for even an overachiever like Dak.
perfectly said right here^^^

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don’t seem to understand the concept that some players get better with better players around them. This was proven by MULTIPLE receivers with Romo throwing them the ball. It was also something Nate Newton implied as well when Emmitt Smith arrived, when he said something to the effect of “We were bunch of nobodies until Emmitt got here.”

You’re just throwing mud against the wall and hoping it sticks for Romo. He did have some good teams, but never in the trenches on both sides of the ball at the same time, and never had good or great coaches for any period of time.
Who the hell did Romo make better? This is one of the biggest myths in Romo’s career. He gets credit for Laurent Robinson who was talented but had injury issues. He stayed healthy enough to get paid by Jags. But if you are trying to convince me Romo made TO or Witten better you’re high.

Why didn’t Romo make Roy Williams a former top 10 pick better since he had these magic powers? If he’s the receiver whisper what happened there?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Draft status gets thrown out the window when you sign a 40 million dollar contract and when you make an All Pro. I can use that excuse if he’s a rookie. But as a vet? Naw….

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
You’re just throwing mud against the wall and hoping it sticks for Romo. He did have some good teams, but never in the trenches on both sides of the ball at the same time, and never had good or great head coaches for any period of time.
And you think Dak has had great rosters??? In the trenches??? And great head coaches???

The Cowboys ended this year with an o-line that couldn't run block consistently, bad Big Game coordinators....coupled with an overrated defense with a small safety playing MLB, no viable pass-deflecting FS and no run-protecting DT.

Hec, in some ways, this Cowboys team OVERachieved based on this roster and coaching staff. :p

Gator88

Reaction score
Imagine if Romo best receiver was Ted Gin Jr….or Kelvin Benjamin….yuck. I don’t even want to picture it.
Yeah, imagine if Dallas could make it to the conference finals with the QB going for less than 175 all purpose yards.

Also imagine saying the 2007 Patriots had worse offensive weapons than the 2007 Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, imagine if Dallas could make it to the conference finals with the QB going for less than 175 all purpose yards.

Also imagine saying the 2007 Patriots had worse offensive weapons than the 2007 Cowboys.
How many Hall of Famers they have on offense?

Is this what I sound like when I defend Dak? Damn y’all stretch the truth lol….I notice though you didn’t argue against Tedd Ginn as a #1. Would you rather have him or Terrell or Witten? It’s close….

Gator88

Reaction score
How many Hall of Famers they have on offense?

Is this what I sound like when I defend Dak? Damn y’all stretch the truth lol….I notice though you didn’t argue against Tedd Ginn as a #1. Would you rather have him or Terrell or Witten? It’s close….
So 2 arguments.

Cam had one run to the super bowl, in both wins he had that year, the defense shut down the other team forcing multiple turnovers in both games including a pick 6 in both games. I agree that Cam's receivers were very weak for a handful of years, but Greg Olsen was pretty good, and they didn't rely on Cam's passing. Regardless, acting like he would have won a Super Bowl with Dallas when the only times he has ever won playoff games came when his defense got at least 2 interceptions is something.

---

As for the Pats, please try asking anybody else if they would take a gimpy TO, Crayton, and Witten over a healthy Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, and Ben Watson. Not to mention the Pats being much better pass blockers with 3 pro bowl linemen of their own.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So 2 arguments.

Cam had one run to the super bowl, in both wins he had that year, the defense shut down the other team forcing multiple turnovers in both games including a pick 6 in both games. I agree that Cam's receivers were very weak for a handful of years, but Greg Olsen was pretty good, and they didn't rely on Cam's passing. Regardless, acting like he would have won a Super Bowl with Dallas when the only times he has ever won playoff games came when his defense got at least 2 interceptions is something.

---

As for the Pats, please try asking anybody else if they would take a gimpy TO, Crayton, and Witten over a healthy Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, and Ben Watson. Not to mention the Pats being much better pass blockers with 3 pro bowl linemen of their own.
I’d rather have Witten, TO them Ben Watson and Moss.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Disappointed no reporter even bothered to ask Coach Mac today in his first press conference since job security announced about Dak choking in Playoffs. We have a large local press with no you-know-what. Although half questions came from DC.Com guys. LOL Even if he makes you feel small for the question, would like to hear someone make us feel confident he can keep a steady head through it.
I agree. It would have been interesting to see McCarthy’s reaction to a Dak question.
I am sure it would have been the typical PC response and saying stuff like, Dak is our guy and stuff like that but I definitely know his blood pressure and pulse must have gone through the roof!
They should hook him up to a lie detector machine the next time the press asks a Dak question.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I agree. It would have been interesting to see McCarthy’s reaction to a Dak question.
I am sure it would have been the typical PC response and saying stuff like, Dak is our guy and stuff like that but I definitely know his blood pressure and pulse must have gone through the roof!
They should hook him up to a lie detector machine the next time the press asks a Dak question.
They need to cut out the bullcrap. It was refreshing watching Brock Purdy in his post-game interview yesterday admit he played like crap, and what exactly he was doing wrong, and how he tried to fix it so they could win. No "we're a brotherhood" or "we have greater goals." Enough of the Hollywood lines, try some self-realization Cowboys, let's win this sucker! Being honest with one's self is not always throwing people under the bus.