News: ESPN: Archer: Why Dak Prescott has become the Cowboys' new Tony Romo

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
" Why Dak Prescott has become the Cowboys' new Tony Romo"

If only.
Tony was the guy who carried the team for years and gave us a chance to pull it out if the rest of the team could keep it close.
Dak is the guy who gets confused and digs us a big hole we can't climb out of.
With Tony we'd get beat because the opposing pass rush would dominate our oline.
With Dak we get beat when because the opposing secondary dominates Dak.
He carried us where?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Now let's get a stat for all the Qb's that have came in the league the last 8 years and now who have had better success with less money lol
True.

But you also have to get the percentage of overall starters who failed which is very high no matter where they were picked in the draft.

It's probably #1 reason why Cowboys are scared to move on regardless of Tourney results. Especially when Jerry is 81 and wants to win now.

We saw it many times in the Romo years, and several teams last year, regular season results can change quickly without a decent starting QB.

I don't think Cowboys will opt for any move that could cause a quick 4-13 collapse, which could happen with Trey Lance, or even Cooper Rush since the Defense has gone downhill.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
True.

But you also have to get the percentage of overall starters who failed which is very high no matter where they were picked in the draft.

It's probably #1 reason why Cowboys are scared to move on regardless of Tourney results. Especially when Jerry is 81 and wants to win now.

We saw it many times in the Romo years, and several teams last year, regular season results can change quickly without a decent starting QB.

I don't think Cowboys will opt for any move that could cause a quick 4-13 collapse, which could happen with Trey Lance, or even Cooper Rush since the Defense has gone downhill.
Gotcha, this playing scared stuff is killing this team. Scared in free agency, scared in everything else. You've got to start over ok start over, look at Houston

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He carried the team to nothing. Some years no playoffs at all lol. Y’all speak so highly of Romo like he’s Brady. He’s not even Eli let’s be for real.
One player wasn't able to win Super Bowls by himself?
Shocked, I am.
That you think Eli was better than Tony tells me all I need to know.
Thanks for playing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One player wasn't able to win Super Bowls by himself?
Shocked, I am.
That you think Eli was better than Tony tells me all I need to know.
Thanks for playing.
Where did I say that Eli was better than Romo lol?

I just don’t get it. Y’all settle for just good enough. Why do y’all think as Cowboy fans y’all didn’t deserve better? You need a great team and coaching staff. I don’t think Romo had that. But winning a playoff game was too high of a standard? Getting to a conference championship at least once?

khiladi

Reaction score
No, Romo was in a cluster F, expected to bail out the franchise time and again. Dak has been coddled his whole time here. The equivalent of Dak here is Jason Garrett as a HC.

khiladi

Reaction score
They literally just dumbed down the offense for Dak this year. Imagine him playing against a defense that has Revis lived up against CeeDee Lamb 1 on 1.

They don’t dumb down offenses for guys like Romo. Romo had an OC that proved his merit in NY, when the whole state wanted to fire him after 5 games. He had the worst RG in the league and Daniel Jones had more INTs and TDs and his drop off in performance under Garrett was

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They literally just dumbed down the offense for Dak this year. Imagine him playing against a defense that has Revis lived up against CeeDee Lamb 1 on 1.

They don’t dumb down offenses for guys like Romo. Romo had an OC that proved his merit in NY, when the whole state wanted to fire him after 5 games. He had the worst RG in the league and Daniel Jones had more INTs and TDs and his drop off in performance under Garrett was
“Dak friendly” stemmed from the “Romo friendly” term Jerry created. There was nothing impressive or difficult about a Jason Garrett offense how many defensive players did you need to see say it?

khiladi

Reaction score
“Dak friendly” stemmed from the “Romo friendly” term Jerry created. There was nothing impressive or difficult about a Jason Garrett offense how many defensive players did you need to see say it?
Here we go again with regurgitated BS.. Jist as a reminder, typical Dan boys like you started leveraging the Jason Garrett excuse for your boy, when prior you were placing all the blame on Romo. Suddenly the story became Dak is facing the same things poor Romo did.

when Jerry extended Romo, it was to give him “Peyton Manning” like responsibilities and he started stripping Garrett of power, because Jason completely sucked at his job. With Garrett he wasn’t even a part of the game planning meetings, but with the new contract he was given that power, as he wanted more control.

On the other hand, with Dak, it’s about taking choices away from him, because he sucks at it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did I say that Eli was better than Romo lol?

I just don’t get it. Y’all settle for just good enough. Why do y’all think as Cowboy fans y’all didn’t deserve better? You need a great team and coaching staff. I don’t think Romo had that. But winning a playoff game was too high of a standard? Getting to a conference championship at least once?
Only thing I remember Romo fighting is that football when he bobbled the snap. I would not put fight in the sentence as Romo. Eli fought. Romo? Naw. Maybe he fights in golf?

Surfguy

Reaction score
Unless we get a real running game, the opposing good teams in the playoffs will just make Dak beat them and those teams will win almost all of the time. It’s a fact at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here we go again with regurgitated BS.. Jist as a reminder, typical Dan boys like you started leveraging the Jason Garrett excuse for your boy, when prior you were placing all the blame on Romo. Suddenly the story became Dak is facing the same things poor Romo did.

when Jerry extended Romo, it was to give him “Peyton Manning” like responsibilities and he started stripping Garrett of power, because Jason completely sucked at his job. With Garrett he wasn’t even a part of the game planning meetings, but with the new contract he was given that power, as he wanted more control.

On the other hand, with Dak, it’s about taking choices away from him, because he sucks at it.
They invested numerous first rounders on offensive to protect Romo from himself. They less he threw the better for the team. Romo friendly.