ESPN Blog: Weakness in Cowboys' secondary

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1741318 said:
The opposite spectrum is, if we pulled out a win against patsies, we are 2-0 vs good teams. ;)

Exactly. We're what our record says we are. We've beaten the Giants and we've lost to the Patriots. I can almost give the Giants game a pass since it was our first game of the year in a new defense. Everyone has given the Giants a pass for that game for that reason. Why can't we have one?

The Patriots? Well, they've yet to face a defense that has even come close to slowing them down and I still maintain with a healthy secondary, we would come as close as anyone.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1741325 said:
Exactly. We're what our record says we are. We've beaten the Giants and we've lost to the Patriots. I can almost give the Giants game a pass since it was our first game of the year in a new defense. Everyone has given the Giants a pass for that game for that reason. Why can't we have one?

The Patriots? Well, they've yet to face a defense that has even come close to slowing them down and I still maintain with a healthy secondary, we would come as close as anyone.

Actually-Buffalo HAS proven to be a good team since they changed QBs-their only loss during this stretch was to us, while one of their wins was against a good Baltimore team.

And for that matter, no matter how bad Miami is, they're 20-4 all time in home openers, and we beat them in their home opener.

AND for that matter too-our win against Chicago all but started their slide.;)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741317 said:
Well I usually see him getting burnt, maybe we are talking about a different Roy Williams
If you are looking for negatives then that is all you'll see.

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741353 said:
Roy Williams should have a mask on his face because he is stealing money

and you should change your username, because I've rarely seen you analyze anything.

vicjagger

Reaction score
The Dallas pass D ranks in the top half of the league in yards/game (208.9, 13th), 1st down percentage (33.7%, 14th), 40+ yard passes allowed (3, T-13th), sacks (18, T-10th) and opponent's average passer rating (75.5, T-9th).

They are in the top quarter of the NFL in yards/att (6.5, T-7th), 20+ yards passes allowed, (17, T-6th), interceptions (10, T-6th) and completion percentage (58.0%, T-5th).

As is often the case, perception < reality.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;1741427 said:
and you should change your username, because I've rarely seen you analyze anything.

I just gave you an analysis, I always see Roy Williams CHASING guys abnd getting BURNT, never INTERCEPTING or STOPPING a Receiver

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741797 said:
I just gave you an analysis, I always see Roy Williams CHASING guys abnd getting BURNT, never INTERCEPTING or STOPPING a Receiver
I wouldn't call that anaysis, more along the line of an opinion. A sound analysis contains supporting factual data to support the analysis.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1741804 said:
I wouldn't call that anaysis, more along the line of an opinion. A sound analysis contains supporting factual data to support the analysis.

The support is all the games I have on DVD

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

Maybe you should use your analytical prowess to look up the number of INT's for strong safeties over the last five years. I'm thinking you'll find this post to be pretty stupid. I won't hold my breath awaiting your response after you do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741809 said:
The support is all the games I have on DVD
Here's an analysis: you're full of ****. My support? All of your posts.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
theogt;1741814 said:
Here's an analysis: you're full of ****. My support? All of your posts.

So since I'm a fan I can't be frustrated with a player? I'm not supposed to VENT about who I feel is not during their job? I WANT ROY WILLIAMS TO STOP SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741815 said:
So since I'm a fan I can't be frustrated with a player? I'm not supposed to VENT about who I feel is not during their job? I WANT ROY WILLIAMS TO STOP SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since I'm a member of this site, I WANT SOME ONE TO STOP YOUR SPEWAGE OF GARBAGE ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741815 said:
He averages 81.6 tackles, 6.6 PDs and 3 INTs per season. I'm pretty sure he's stopping some people. You're just either too dumb or too blind to see it.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
theogt;1741820 said:
He averages 81.6 tackles, 6.6 PDs and 3 INTs per season. I'm pretty sure he's stopping some people. You're just either too dumb or too blind to see it.

Either I need EYE SURGERY or a pass to the MENTAL INSTITUTION because I clearly remember seeing number 31 constantly trying to catch up with a receiver when I watch the games.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1741822 said:
Either I need EYE SURGERY or a pass to the MENTAL INSTITUTION because I clearly remember seeing number 31 constantly trying to catch up with a receiver when I watch the games.
Of course he gets beat. So does Ed Reed and every other safety or defensive back in the league. Champ Bailey got burned last Monday night (along with his other supposed "shutdown corner" Dre Bly).

If DBs didn't get beat, we wouldn't have any passing TDs. And, I don't know if you've checked, but there are a lot of QBs with a lot of passing TDs.

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score

In 5 and 1/2 years in the NFL, RW has 19 INTERCEPTIONS. Analyze that!

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;1741855 said:
In 5 and 1/2 years in the NFL, RW has 19 INTERCEPTIONS. Analyze that!

I care about Interceptionsd that lead to WINS. He did have that big one in 2005 on MNF against the Eagles but he hasn't dd much since

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
This year alone Roy has 37 tackles, 3 PD, 2 INTs = 42 stops. Looks like he made few stops to me.