ESPN 'Bold Predictions' - Dez Bryant will not be with the Cowboys in 2018

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They make a bold prediction for each team. Here is the Cowboys....

-

The Cowboys will release the franchise's all-time leader in touchdown catches and gain $8.5 million in salary-cap space. Stephen Jones' recent comments about Bryant's sideline antics being a distraction and needing to look at the contract seem to be setting the stage for the parting. It is possible the Cowboys could offer Bryant a pay cut, but that's not something they did with DeMarcus Ware -- the franchise leader in sacks -- after the 2013 season. They did not have a replacement for Ware when they made the move then, and they don't have a replacement for Bryant now, but they can use free agency and/or the draft to add a receiver to do what Bryant has done the past three seasons. -- Todd Archer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dez, take it and run. You want to be like Ware and Bennett, you want a ring, get with a team that has a better chance.

its going to be years before the cowboys realize this is not a threat. you are doing some of these players a favor. Dez, a playoff team needs you man.

rkell87

Reaction score
I think dez would do really well in New Orleans, Minnesota, Baltimore, or Miami

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It really all depends on Bryant.

I do see the Cowboys being a little gruff and asking for a pay cut.

If he maintains a hard stance, I would go with 30% chance he is released.

Jerry Jones does not give up on his Special Kids that often.

Big_D

Reaction score
Good!! time to move on. I don't dislike Bryant, but I think it would be wise to do something else besides trying to force him the ball. This might actually encourage a power running game and hopefully do away with the empty backfield garbage. That would make the offense Dak friendly.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It really all depends on Bryant.

I do see the Cowboys being a little gruff and asking for a pay cut.

If he maintains a hard stance, I would go with 30% chance he is released.

Jerry Jones does not give up on his Special Kids that often.

Thats pretty obvious. How many chances has he given Garrett now?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They make a bold prediction for each team. Here is the Cowboys....

-

The Cowboys will release the franchise's all-time leader in touchdown catches and gain $8.5 million in salary-cap space. Stephen Jones' recent comments about Bryant's sideline antics being a distraction and needing to look at the contract seem to be setting the stage for the parting. It is possible the Cowboys could offer Bryant a pay cut, but that's not something they did with DeMarcus Ware -- the franchise leader in sacks -- after the 2013 season. They did not have a replacement for Ware when they made the move then, and they don't have a replacement for Bryant now, but they can use free agency and/or the draft to add a receiver to do what Bryant has done the past three seasons. -- Todd Archer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

That would ease my suffering from Philly winning the Super Bowl...

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And substitute him with what? Our current rcvr core WITH Dez is much better than our rcvr core WITHOUT Dez. Any rcvr that we draft will NOT have as big of an impact as Dez does. But god help me, he needs to improve so much to justify his cost. One more year of Dez for me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they release him then he will get go get a ring. But JJ won’t cut him. Dak and Dez connection will improve this year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Rookie WRs rarely make an impact..better have your sights set on a vet who everyone will complain about paying too much

Did we draft a WR last year besides Switzer? We better hope Noah or Butler or someone steps up or we need a vet speedster. Someone that can take the top off a secondary and we don’t have one. Like you said I don’t think we could draft anyone that will make a immediate impact unless we get the fastest and just teach him 2 routes. A go route and dig. Mostly streaks. Take some shots early in the season with him. Throw defenses off and make them game plan.

rkell87

Reaction score
And substitute him with what? Our current rcvr core WITH Dez is much better than our rcvr core WITHOUT Dez. Any rcvr that we draft will NOT have as big of an impact as Dez does. But god help me, he needs to improve so much to justify his cost. One more year of Dez for me.
We could put together a better receiving corps in this free agency than what we have right now. Granted Dez would be the top WR FA if he were let go but this offense wouldn't miss him all that much unless Dak gets either dramatically better, or he learns to tune Dez out when he starts chirping in his ear about getting him the ball.

Seriously though if we somehow could guarantee that we sign Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker, and Paul Richardson I'd be OK with losing our entire receiving unit with the exception of Noah Brown and drafting a guy in round 2.