ESPN 'Bold Predictions' - Dez Bryant will not be with the Cowboys in 2018

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
They make a bold prediction for each team. Here is the Cowboys....

-

The Cowboys will release the franchise's all-time leader in touchdown catches and gain $8.5 million in salary-cap space. Stephen Jones' recent comments about Bryant's sideline antics being a distraction and needing to look at the contract seem to be setting the stage for the parting. It is possible the Cowboys could offer Bryant a pay cut, but that's not something they did with DeMarcus Ware -- the franchise leader in sacks -- after the 2013 season. They did not have a replacement for Ware when they made the move then, and they don't have a replacement for Bryant now, but they can use free agency and/or the draft to add a receiver to do what Bryant has done the past three seasons. -- Todd Archer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams
:espn:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Go back and look at his rookie year. Look how fast he was.

Show me this guy. Is he that fast now? Where did this Dez go? Spectacular catches. Concentration. Speed. Agility. Where is this Dez?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Prediction: we would love Dez in any uniform but ours. Further prediction: better get used to him wearing it for at least another year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In the words of a former Super Bowl GM, you don't release talent........I agree

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
ESPN Bold Prediction.
CowboysZone Old Prediction.
When will the media realize, we police our own:)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go back to when they were going to franchise him, what did he do? What goes around.......

rkell87

Reaction score
San Francisco, New England, Los Angeles Rams or Chicago
San Francisco, New England, Los Angeles Rams or Chicago
I actually think all of those are horrible fits for him. I don't think he lasts 2 week during the season under billicheck, imagine Dez getting upset with Brady during their slow start at the beginning of this season. The rest don't run an offense that plays to his strengths and he'd have to learn a lot which isn't what you want if you bring in a guy like Dez. Minnesota and NO have similar terminology and route concepts as we do plus better play calling, Baltimore would force him the ball for better or worse but flacco will put it up there and let him go get it, and Miami has an offense that lets the players make plays and use their natural ability rather than relying on perfect execution which is basically what Dez did in college.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I got my Sports Illustrated yesterday and the NFL writer said Dez Bryant has to go. He said the decline started in 2015 and teams didn't even bother double covering him last year.

He also called Dak Prescott "a fine quarterback but one that needs talent around him to succeed". (But let's not go there....)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember Stephen admitted he and Dez chemistry was off and they needed to put their heads together and figure it out. That tells me they are going see what it takes to get them on the same page or IF they can get on the same page. If they can't, I think they will ask him to take a pay cut.

What's kinda getting lost in all this IMO is we're not sure Dez wanna come back. He may be ready to move on.........

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I actually think all of those are horrible fits for him. I don't think he lasts 2 week during the season under billicheck, imagine Dez getting upset with Brady during their slow start at the beginning of this season. The rest don't run an offense that plays to his strengths and he'd have to learn a lot which isn't what you want if you bring in a guy like Dez. Minnesota and NO have similar terminology and route concepts as we do plus better play calling, Baltimore would force him the ball for better or worse but flacco will put it up there and let him go get it, and Miami has an offense that lets the players make plays and use their natural ability rather than relying on perfect execution which is basically what Dez did in college.
The QB will make or break Dez, San Francisco would actually be the best fit IMO. I believe an accurate QB will utilize his talent to the fullest. I also believe he would thrive in New England because of the leadership and experience a la Randy Moss.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Dez got all sorts of aches and pains, tight muscles, repeated bones knocked slightly out of joints, micro bone fractures. He's good but the beatings of the past gonna slow him down some to where he just can't perform as before.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dez is average now, but I sure is hell don't want any part of Twill to be the X WR. Good grief that would be bad. I just wish we could be proactive like the Rams and Philly when they filled the #1 and 2 WR's in FA and trades. But that takes ingenuity.........

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am not sure releasing Dez is considered a bold prediction.Cowboys not having any players suspended would be a bold prediction. Dez being released is a real possibility.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I 100% fully support giving Dez one more year to put it together with Dak.

I hate how fast people turned on him. The dude has ability and can help our team.

It truly is amazing how fast fans turned on Dez.....as if they've always wanted to turn on him. But its been even faster for Dak....I guess that's where we are at. The annual scapegoat for fans.....fans wanted Ware gone, wanted Terrance Newman gone, wanted Mike Zimmer gone, wanted Wade Philips gone, wanted Mo Claiborne gone....I guess Dez and Dak are the new scapegoats.

Deep_South

Reaction score
It seems to me we need #1 and #2 receivers who will command #1 and #2 level respect from defenses around the league. If not, they'll just concentrate on Beasley and Witten again next year and our offense will just slog along for another year, IMO.