ESPN 'Bold Predictions' - Dez Bryant will not be with the Cowboys in 2018

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dez, take it and run. You want to be like Ware and Bennett, you want a ring, get with a team that has a better chance.

its going to be years before the cowboys realize this is not a threat. you are doing some of these players a favor. Dez, a playoff team needs you man.

Dez would be more valuable on another team. Other offenses, and other QBs, would get more out of him. I don't think he justifies even his salary elsewhere. We cut him. Some other team gets a valuable player.

We should move on. He should move on. Win-win.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It truly is amazing how fast fans turned on Dez.....as if they've always wanted to turn on him. But its been even faster for Dak....I guess that's where we are at.
A lot of people didn't want the last contract. Didn't want to put so much money at WR in general.

I swallowed the last contract under the "Romo Window" theory. Didn't want to break up the band after 2014 with so few Romo years left.

Just objectively looking at Dez's play, he hasn't been that 2014 guy. Not even close. So many "here comes that big play from Dez" turn into "oh, i guess not".

And that's been true for 3 years now. There's nothing "fast" about this. I thought we should have moved on last season.

It's a bad contract, and he's a bad fit with Dak and our other WRs.

Time to move on.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dez would be more valuable on another team. Other offenses, and other QBs, would get more out of him. I don't think he justifies even his salary elsewhere. We cut him. Some other team gets a valuable player.

We should move on. He should move on. Win-win.

its lose win, he has all the power in this gamble. if we release him we look like baffoons but since we are the cowboys, we can live with that. Dez will just go to another team and they will use him wisely.

I would prefer Sanjay make the decision, but if its going to come down to contracts and again Dallas was stupid enough to give him that contract (there is a post where i said let Dez walk and keep Demarco) well lets just say all the cowboy coaches here we so much smarter.

That aside, Dez is a talent, Garrett hates talent, i wish Dez well to go elsewhere, and if they even make the playoffs, hes worth his contract.

Dallas has to grow up and put on its big boy pants again. This is on Stephen for being a moron and his father a bigger moron for allowing his son to be that stupid.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It seems to me we need #1 and #2 receivers who will command #1 and #2 level respect from defenses around the league. If not, they'll just concentrate on Beasley and Witten again next year and our offense will just slog along for another year, IMO.

Our main offensive problem last year was that defenses figured out they could press man Dez and Williams without help over the top, and we wouldn't make them pay for it. A shared failure of the coaches, WRs, and Dak, in that order.

That left too many guys between that hashes to shut down Witten, Beasley, and the run game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Watch him go to the eagles and light us up
You know..

I can never remember any player we released ever..

who actually got better after leaving us.

Bennett had a couple of good seasons..

but teams moved him on quickly.

Calvin Hill played well for the Commanders once he left.

But thats decades ago.

So if DEZ wants to move on..

go fot it and good luck brother.

Other teams are not going to put up with dropped passes, fading on gameday or screaming on the sidelines.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
its lose win, he has all the power in this gamble. if we release him we look like baffoons but since we are the cowboys, we can live with that. Dez will just go to another team and they will use him wisely.
We only look like buffoons to buffoons. I think it's very likely Dez does better elsewhere. Grown ups know that's not a reason to keep him here, and at 12mil besides.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm relieved to see Stephen isn't as much of a slave to his fandom as his old man is.

If it was strictly up to Jerry, I'm not too sure Dez would be quite as likely to move on.

Nevertheless, this issue is merely speculation at this juncture. It remains to be seen.

slick325

Reaction score
Dez with Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Carson Wentz or Jared Goff would make every person on this board SICK to their stomachs. Everyone would be asking why Jerry and crew let him walk.

I hope he is back and I hope he and his QB work hard to get on the same page this offseason. Both of them need to work on their crafts and show marked improvement.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I could see Dez going to a team which will advance further into the playoffs than a Garrett coached Cowboys team has gone. Or even having a big game against our defense for whatever team he might be traded to. Because that's just how bad our luck has gone.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I would prefer that he goes to a team that knows how to use him, can be creative with him. Here he runs up the sidelines, and needs a perfectly thrown jump ball or back shoulder, per the design of Garrett's offense. I would also prefer that they pick up a couple of really good WRs with speed and can catch. That way Dak can throw to the open WR without any pressure to throw to the #1 WR, whether he's open or not, just to placate him. Dak was at his best when Dez missed those 3 games in 2016.

Gameover

Reaction score
I don’t think he will either

Dak needs a more reliable target

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A lot of people didn't want the last contract. Didn't want to put so much money at WR in general.

I swallowed the last contract under the "Romo Window" theory. Didn't want to break up the band after 2014 with so few Romo years left.

Just objectively looking at Dez's play, he hasn't been that 2014 guy. Not even close. So many "here comes that big play from Dez" turn into "oh, i guess not".

And that's been true for 3 years now. There's nothing "fast" about this. I thought we should have moved on last season.

It's a bad contract, and he's a bad fit with Dak and our other WRs.

Time to move on.
That last contract wasn't even that bad. Especially when you factor in what guys like Olivier Vernon signed for.